+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Let's Put Statins In Our Water

Let's Put Statins In Our Water

As we seem to see rushing towards heart disease, obesity, health cost , perhaps as reported we should be chucking these out now.. for free and save some health costs via emergency.

Only risk is low muscle ache ?

Very safe drug ..

Grab em now stay alive..

Re: Let's Put Statins In Our Water

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As we seem to see rushing towards heart disease, obesity, health cost , perhaps as reported we should be chucking these out now.. for free and save some health costs via emergency.

Only risk is low muscle ache ?

Very safe drug ..

Grab em now stay alive..
    I think you need to be a bit careful here. Whilst Statins can be very valuable in protecting most people, there are quite a few noted side effects, including one rare one (rhabdomyolysis) that is nearly always fatal.

Organ Maudling will be all for this, of course.

Any chance of using the alternative forum.

I’ve started to drink pu-erh tea as that has a load of health benefits, one of which is that it contains statins.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I’ve started to drink pu-erh tea as that has a load of health benefits, one of which is that it contains statins.
    Out of interest, which tea brand are you drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think you need to be a bit careful here. Whilst Statins can be very valuable in protecting most people, there are quite a few noted side effects, including one rare one (rhabdomyolysis) that is nearly always fatal.
    Indeed but isn't the protection worth it yes we will see rare kick back we did with the recent vaccine , id suggest those over 55 woudl benefit greatly , not in the water though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Organ Maudling will be all for this, of course.
    Organ Maudling? Nice one, my welly-wearing friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Organ Maudling? Nice one, my welly-wearing friend.
    Ten weeks from today the magnetic poles will have reversed, you know. 23rd March, you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Out of interest, which tea brand are you drinking?
    Apologies, a Russian colleague in work got me into this and I’m not sure what brand he gave me. I’ll ask him.

I have been taking statins for about 15 years with no ill effects so far. My cholesterol level is consistently low as are triglycerides. I was reluctant at first as I do not like taking medicines on a regular basis. Even now the statin is the only medication I take apart from the very occasional paracetamol or ibuprofen.

The talk of big pharma making huge profits is incorrect. The patents on the most common statins have long expired and the products are made by the generic pharma companies which tends to drive the cost down to the lowest possible economic price.

According the Leeds Hospital formulary a month's supply of pravastatin (the one I take) is £1.63 for a month's supply. (Ref: http://www.leedsformulary.nhs.uk/doc...tatincosts.pdf).

I, and I'm sure millions of others, would be quite happy to pay that if necessary to save the NHS the money.

Atorvastatin is 81p per month's supply. See: https://www.bmj.com/content/365/bmj.l2318/rr-1. This is an interesting article written by a G.P. criticising another doctor for exaggerating the cost situation!