+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Mike or the one of the mods

FAO Mike or the one of the mods

I notice a thread I commented on earlier about a woman should be shot because of the way she looks has been deleted.

The reply from the poster was something along the lines of ''she should be shot along with people who support Swansea''.

I understand why it's been deleted, but why not ban the poster who posted such vitriol?

I hope this board doesn't go the way of the other board - ie - If it doesn't confirm with the owners views or beliefs it gets the cold shoulder.

Not wishing to get into an argument with you Mike, but this stinks.

Re: FAO Mike or the one of the mods

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I notice a thread I commented on earlier about a woman should be shot because of the way she looks has been deleted.

The reply from the poster was something along the lines of ''she should be shot along with people who support Swansea''.

I understand why it's been deleted, but why not ban the poster who posted such vitriol?

I hope this board doesn't go the way of the other board - ie - If it doesn't confirm with the owners views or beliefs it gets the cold shoulder.

Absolute vitriol

Ban him

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Absolute vitriol

Ban him
    Lets not get into a message board argument Sludge, as it spoils it for other posters.
    You're quick enough to tell other posters who they should support, who they should vote for, how much they should spend on their kids for Christmas etc.

How about PM'ing me your address so we could discuss the matter face to face?

Lets not get into a message board argument Sludge, as it spoils it for other posters.
    You're quick enough to tell other posters who they should support, who they should vote for, how much they should spend on their kids for Christmas etc.

You are definitely raving hardcore tonight

You are definitely raving hardcore tonight
    I'm not the one saying people should be shot for the way they look.

Your address?

I'm not the one saying people should be shot for the way they look.

Your address?
    You send me your address , phone number , e mail and a photo and I will decide if you are worth it xx

You send me your address , phone number , e mail and a photo and I will decide if you are worth it xx
    Done

Your address?

Done

Your address?
    I havnt had anything in the post

I havnt had anything in the post
    Yes you have. I sent it via pm, apart from the photo as I don't know how to post photo's on here.

Yes you have. I sent it via pm, apart from the photo as I don't know how to post photo's on here.
    No I havnt

I am going to bed now

Maybe the post man will bring it in the morning

Have you got a lot of money ?

No I havnt

I am going to bed now

Maybe the post man will bring it in the morning

Have you got a lot of money ?
    Yes you have.

Enjoy your sleep.

I've sent my details via pm, so not sure why the postman would bring it.

Not got much money as I've been out of work for nearly six months with a back injury.

Your address?

Yes you have.

Enjoy your sleep.

I've sent my details via pm, so not sure why the postman would bring it.

Not got much money as I've been out of work for nearly six months with a back injury.

Your address?
    I havnt got it , my mailbox is empty

Have you got any savings ?

Cringing hell lads

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Cringing hell lads
    Have you got his address ?

I don't have much idea what this is about, but why the need to meet "face-to-face"?

You can say what you want to say in an email or private message, surely?

All this "face-to-face" stuff has underlying tones of threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Cringing hell lads
    I agree CK.

My reason for being so touchy is that my best mates daughter killed herself over internet comments about her appearance.

I hate internet trolls and really don't understand why people feel the need to be so nasty.
    Sorry for the other posters having to read this nonsense.

I agree CK.

My reason for being so touchy is that my best mates daughter killed herself over internet comments about her appearance.

I hate internet trolls and really don't understand why people feel the need to be so nasty.
    Sorry for the other posters having to read this nonsense.
    I didn't read the post in question but I'd have mentioned that at the outset if you didn't. We all have things that can set us off and it saddens me to hear about this.

A year ago, one girl who I used to teach piano to in school gave a presentation for her English GCSE about the pressures on young women to look good all of the time, from her viewpoint that it shouldn't matter. She got booed by a couple of brain dead morons in her class but ended up having detention for calling them stupid f@ckers.

I try to let posters sort things out. I don't have views or beliefs that cause me to 'cold shoulder' threads. I don't see any connection with how I run this board to how other boards are run. Threads are open for you to post. They are not moderated before publication. So I have to be reactive, and then only if I see posts or am alerted to them.

I could see Sludge's unfunny posts caused upset so I removed the earlier thread. The reaction in this thread, to me, shows he's not read the room very well. What sounds funny to some when they think about it looks terrible when written down. This might be the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I try to let posters sort things out. I don't have views or beliefs that cause me to 'cold shoulder' threads. I don't see any connection with how I run this board to how other boards are run. Threads are open for you to post. They are not moderated before publication. So I have to be reactive, and then only if I see posts or am alerted to them.

I could see Sludge's unfunny posts caused upset so I removed the earlier thread. The reaction in this thread, to me, shows he's not read the room very well. What sounds funny to some when they think about it looks terrible when written down. This might be the case here.
    My posts were my usual Alan Partridge esque type stuff , not to everyone's taste but beauty is in the eye of the beholder as is what's funny

Saying all jacks must be shot and Amanda Holden should be got rid of is clearly a piss take

And the band played on