+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I said last weekend that we are perennial bottlers…..

I said last weekend that we are perennial bottlers…..

…..and people on here got all spiky as we were playing a Premier League side.

What fools.

Re: I said last weekend that we are perennial bottlers…..

We were the better side. got a goal and like you say bottled it just like the cup match.

when you buy your players in poundland what do you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    …..and people on here got all spiky as we were playing a Premier League side.

What fools.
    No your the fool.

Not really sure why people would oppose this viewpoint. Bottling tight or big occasions is what we do best.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Not really sure why people would oppose this viewpoint. Bottling tight or big occasions is what we do best.
    Explain. How are we bottlers. This side is just crap. They try. Don't get the bottlers bit?

I don't think that it's about Bottle, it's just that we aren't good enough, and lack concentration, as well as confidence and self belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Explain. How are we bottlers. This side is just crap. They try. Don't get the bottlers bit?
    We have nearly always been our own worst enemy in the crunch. 3 finals at wembley, all bottled. Close run ins at the end of seasons, all bottled. Bottle nearly every SWD. We did our best to bottle going up the second time under Warnock.

Edit, the league cup final I'll exclude from a bottling.

We have nearly always been our own worst enemy in the crunch. 3 finals at wembley, all bottled. Close run ins at the end of seasons, all bottled. Bottle nearly every SWD. We did our best to bottle going up the second time under Warnock.

You mean in an Endemic way then? Yup, i could agree with that, but isn't that cultural? I certainly wouldn't call this lot bottlers, Shite more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that it's about Bottle, it's just that we aren't good enough, and lack concentration, as well as confidence and self belief.
    Lets face it we are just crap.

We were poor last season but had some steel and power ( the end of a powerful direct side)

This season we have lost all that power and threat and its now a massive weakness. All the strength and physical presence destroyed and we are the divisions soft touch.

We are going down not due to bottling. We are crap thats it really.

Lets face it we are just crap.

We were poor last season but had some steel and power ( the end of a powerful direct side)

This season we have lost all that power and threat and its now a massive weakness. All the strength and physical presence destroyed and we are the divisions soft touch.

We are going down not due to bottling. We are crap thats it really.
    The January loans made a difference last season as well.

Thats rubbish. All different sides.

Jones was a poor manager and fecked up.

Malkys side formidable. Go 1 up they didnt bottle it.

Warnocks sides anyone accusing them of bottling it needs locking up. A side of steel and character who probably won games in the tunnel.

Ridiculous to say Warnocks side almost bottled promotion to that Fulham side.

Our current side is not a passing side and also all power strength and ability to go long and direct is gone.

Its not bottle. Morison created a poor unbalanced squad.

No your the fool.
    It looks like you are on your own here.

Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It looks like you are on your own here.

Fool.
    🤣

We completely lack leadership and organisation.

Sending on lots of subs, some of whom should have started, is like a Championship Manager computer game approach. Isaac Davies can play wide if we are away and being attacked. When the opposition set up to defend and we have to get behind them his pace is meaningless unless we draw the fullback out and play him in. And he's not a great crosser anyway.

Our squad is ok (maybe not great, but ok) for the Championship, but unless it is managed better it will lose out through lack of confidence as much as anything else.

This is down to Hudson, I'm afraid. I like him as a person, but I am reaching that point of hoping he goes.

Bluebirds!!

This squad is far from ok.

Hudson is probably out of his depth but this isnt on him.

The squad is poor and unbalanced.

Its a really poor squad. The worst since our return to this level.

free falling...

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    We completely lack leadership and organisation.

Sending on lots of subs, some of whom should have started, is like a Championship Manager computer game approach. Isaac Davies can play wide if we are away and being attacked. When the opposition set up to defend and we have to get behind them his pace is meaningless unless we draw the fullback out and play him in. And he's not a great crosser anyway.

Our squad is ok (maybe not great, but ok) for the Championship, but unless it is managed better it will lose out through lack of confidence as much as anything else.

This is down to Hudson, I'm afraid. I like him as a person, but I am reaching that point of hoping he goes.

Bluebirds!!

You Got it......

Its a really poor squad. The worst since our return to this level.
    I think our squad is ok. You don't. You are entitled to your opinion even if you are the most pointlessly negative and annoying poster on this board. Which of course you may or may not be, depending on one's opinion.

No your the fool.
    ‘Your the fool’, irony at its best

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I think our squad is ok. You don't. You are entitled to your opinion even if you are the most pointlessly negative and annoying poster on this board. Which of course you may or may not be, depending on one's opinion.

Thanks. 👍

We are rarely in a position where we are 1 goal in front so don’t get much of a chance to practice these situations. We lacked organisation

It’s a really poor squad. The worst since our return to this level.
    To be fair to Hudson he hasn’t had the chance to buy a single player to change the squad

Last week, our second string team (after a good performance too) lost the lead when down to 10 men against a team much better than us. They brought on a sub that cost 5x more than our whole team.

This week we made the worst team in the league look on par with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Last week, our second string team (after a good performance too) lost the lead when down to 10 men against a team much better than us. They brought on a sub that cost 5x more than our whole team.

This week we made the worst team in the league look on par with us.
    He had to go after yesterday

Barely troubled a very poor side and the win would have buried them