+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: You can't polish a turd!

You can't polish a turd!

it's now inevitable we're going down with the incompetent Hudson at the helm.

nobody seems to care, we let Mozza go and we have a team of in the main sub-standard players for this Division who certainly don't play as a team.

Re: You can't polish a turd!

Hudson as manager is a huge issue, I just don’t see the logic in his appointment.

Terrible managerial appointment replacing a terrible managerial appointment.

We have a very very poor squad. I don't think anybody could get a tune out of them to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Hudson as manager is a huge issue, I just don’t see the logic in his appointment.
    Hudson was a decent player for us but he's no manager that's for sure. There are enough reasonably good players in the squad for him to get a tune out of (McCarthy's parlance) but I don't think he has the coaching ability to improve their level of performance. The problem is do you trust him to bolster the squad with loan acquisitions or bring in someone who knows what they're doing.

The basic qualification for a professional manager should be getting more players back in the box than the other team in the 96th minute defending a one goal lead. He's absolutely clueless, but the next guy probably isn't going to be any better. Heading down at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Hudson was a decent player for us but he's no manager that's for sure. There are enough reasonably good players in the squad for him to get a tune out of (McCarthy's parlance) but I don't think he has the coaching ability to improve their level of performance. The problem is do you trust him to bolster the squad with loan acquisitions or bring in someone who knows what they're doing.
    This is the concern, if we are going to bring in players be it frees or loans or whatever we need a manager in place to get them and Hudson is no manager. He has to be replaced now.

Going down if all we can do is pick up points

New manager needed yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    it's now inevitable we're going down with the incompetent Hudson at the helm.

nobody seems to care, we let Mozza go and we have a team of in the main sub-standard players for this Division who certainly don't play as a team.
    No, but you can avoid changing up a midfield after a much improved performance !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Going down if all we can do is pick up points

New manager needed yesterday
    Eh?

Can’t polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.

Are there? Who?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Eh?
    Point per game?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Point per game?
    But he said "points".

3pts a game would be very handy!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Are there? Who?
    Kipre, O'Dowda, Wintle, Ralls, Philogene, Romeo, Davies and Collins (when fit) are no mugs and I suspect an experienced manager/coach will be able to get a lot more out of them than Hudson has been able to.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Can’t polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
    we'd roll our turd in gary glitter

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    we'd roll our turd in gary glitter
    Come on, Come on....... Come on, Come on,.....Come on, Come on, Come on, you can’t mention him now!

Kipre, O'Dowda, Wintle, Ralls, Philogene, Romeo, Davies and Collins (when fit) are no mugs and I suspect an experienced manager/coach will be able to get a lot more out of them than Hudson has been able to.
    That’s 8. We are 3 short of a team, and one (and the best of them!) is out for the season. This is precisely why we are in this predicament. You’ve missed out Robinson, but I’m not convinced on Philogene and the two centre mids haven’t exactly been great

Are all of them genuinely good Championship players? I wouldn't say so. Even if they were we're 3 shy of a team.

If we take O'Dowda as an example. He's probably been our best player this season, but that doesn't mean he's good at this level. Historically he's been pretty average at this level, the only one of those that can point to a history of being a consistently good Championship player is Ralls and he's declining. I would add Robinson to the list

Are all of them genuinely good Championship players? I wouldn't say so. Even if they were we're 3 shy of a team.

If we take O'Dowda as an example. He's probably been our best player this season, but that doesn't mean he's good at this level. Historically he's been pretty average at this level, the only one of those that can point to a history of being a consistently good Championship player is Ralls and he's declining. I would add Robinson to the list
    O’Dowda has flourished being a key man in a poor side. He’s made huge strides. I think he could be a good LB for Burnley etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    O’Dowda has flourished being a key man in a poor side. He’s made huge strides. I think he could be a good LB for Burnley etc.
    Or does he just stand out because he's surrounded by players who aren't up to it? I think he's a solid Championship player and we'd be much worse off without him, but I think it's telling that he's so important to us

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That’s 8. We are 3 short of a team, and one (and the best of them!) is out for the season. This is precisely why we are in this predicament. You’ve missed out Robinson, but I’m not convinced on Philogene and the two centre mids haven’t exactly been great
    Meant to include Robinson, just an oversight.

The Championship is a much of a muchness division. There aren’t, if any players from the teams I’ve watched the City play this season who’ve really stood out. Other seasons when games have been coming up I’ve been aware and wary of various ‘name players’ who we're about to face, not so much now. Players seem to be on a par ability wise, it’s the way they’re set up and organised that’s the deciding factor. I hope it’s not Warnock, he’s made a massive contribution to our current situation but we definitely need an experienced man to sort our lot out. If we make the right appointment things can turn around........$64,000 question though is can we put our trust in those ‘upstairs’ ? I think the answer, sadly, is ‘No’.

My original post referred to them as "reasonably good" not "genuinely good Championship players". They are adequate without being top end players for this division but still having enough quality for an experienced coach to work with. Robinson's omission was on oversight on my part.