+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change needed now

Change needed now

I've just got in from the Wigan game, and am now convinced that relegation is probable, rather than just possible. At one-nil up, I was convinced this was a turning point, and we would stay up. At the final whistle, I'd changed my mind, and now I feel it's far more likely that we're going down.
    The first half especially was one of the most shapeless, clueless performances since, well, the last home league game. Nothing is changing, nothing is improving. The club had hastened to pay the first Sala instalment, apparently so we can make transfers, but it's going to take at least three or four good players to turn around this shambles of a side. Or alternatively, we could hire a manager who knows what he's doing.
    I've been on here before, suggesting we hire someone to help Hudson through his first season, and that's probably still a good idea. But now I'm not sure he's got what's needed to keep us up, even with someone holding his hand. His half-time changes did make a diffference, and finally getting a goal was a start, but failing to defend to the death, for the second time in less than a week, is just not good enough. His players do not seem to know what they're supposed to be doing, they have no confidence, and they are lacking leadership.
    Hudson is way, way out of his depth, and needs to be replaced, and quickly, with a manager experienced in relegation battles. Our team is full of poor players (barring a few - Ng, Kipre, Wintle, O'Dowda). A new man might be able to sort them out for long enough to keep us up, maybe not. More likely we need to bring in a new boss, and at the same time replace a whole list of sub-standard players. Or it's League One next season.

Re: Change needed now

We also have to be realistic. A complete rebuild is needed. That rebuild may need to be from L1.

Relegation with this squad and the 1st objective will be to stop the rot.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I've just got in from the Wigan game, and am now convinced that relegation is probable, rather than just possible. At one-nil up, I was convinced this was a turning point, and we would stay up. At the final whistle, I'd changed my mind, and now I feel it's far more likely that we're going down.
    The first half especially was one of the most shapeless, clueless performances since, well, the last home league game. Nothing is changing, nothing is improving. The club had hastened to pay the first Sala instalment, apparently so we can make transfers, but it's going to take at least three or four good players to turn around this shambles of a side. Or alternatively, we could hire a manager who knows what he's doing.
    I've been on here before, suggesting we hire someone to help Hudson through his first season, and that's probably still a good idea. But now I'm not sure he's got what's needed to keep us up, even with someone holding his hand. His half-time changes did make a diffference, and finally getting a goal was a start, but failing to defend to the death, for the second time in less than a week, is just not good enough. His players do not seem to know what they're supposed to be doing, they have no confidence, and they are lacking leadership.
    Hudson is way, way out of his depth, and needs to be replaced, and quickly, with a manager experienced in relegation battles. Our team is full of poor players (barring a few - Ng, Kipre, Wintle, O'Dowda). A new man might be able to sort them out for long enough to keep us up, maybe not. More likely we need to bring in a new boss, and at the same time replace a whole list of sub-standard players. Or it's League One next season.
    I tend to agree. Not just 2 or 3 new faces, but also someone with new ideas. This is Morison's squad but the club saw fit to sack him and let someone else run the team. Under Hudson we put in a lot of effort to create next-to-nothing. I'm not sure I'd agree about Ng either.

i never wanted huds from the go, then he got the full time nod until the end of the season... end of the season, i think the answer is right there

stuck with him till the end

ironically huddersfield will climb out and we will drop in...

us
    blackpool
    wigan

I’m not even sure what change would help. I honestly think we’re a lost cause this season.

He should never have been appointed and hasn’t shown anything to suggest he has what it takes to be a manager at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I tend to agree. Not just 2 or 3 new faces, but also someone with new ideas. This is Morison's squad but the club saw fit to sack him and let someone else run the team. Under Hudson we put in a lot of effort to create next-to-nothing. I'm not sure I'd agree about Ng either.
    I have never rated Ng!

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I’m not even sure what change would help. I honestly think we’re a lost cause this season.
    A change of attitude at board level would be a start.

There's a rumour that Hudson has been sacked?

I have looked at our fixtures and I can’t see where the next win is coming from. We are deep in the shit

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I have never rated Ng!
    He's might not be the greatest, but I like his attitude. He doesn't take any shit off anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We also have to be realistic. A complete rebuild is needed. That rebuild may need to be from L1.

Relegation with this squad and the 1st objective will be to stop the rot.
    Do you think Everton need to be relegated to stop the rot?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Do you think Everton need to be relegated to stop the rot?
    No they have PL money some good players and will go straight back up.

When I say may need to be from L1 I think we may have to resign ourselves that this squad is so poor relegation is inevitable and we have to rebuild from there.

Im not saying it will be better to rebuild from there far from it.

joke's a club ffs

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He should never have been appointed and hasn’t shown anything to suggest he has what it takes to be a manager at any level.
    looks like the board agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    A change of attitude at board level would be a start.
    Never going to happen sadly mate

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I have never rated Ng!
    Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It is Morison's squad, and it is dire. It is one crap appointment after the other with Tan.

If they were semi competent they'd realise they weren't very good at this and appoint someone who knows what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It is Morison's squad, and it is dire. It is one crap appointment after the other with Tan.

If they were semi competent they'd realise they weren't very good at this and appoint someone who knows what they're doing.
    I don’t think most of the first 11-14 would struggle to get championship transfers if we went down though. Don’t think there are huge amounts of players who would get in our team below us either.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I don’t think most of the first 11-14 would struggle to get championship transfers if we went down though. Don’t think there are huge amounts of players who would get in our team below us either.
    Which of our players would get in Champ starting XIs? Which of them are top half Champ starters? I don't think anyone is paying a fee for likes of Ng, Wintle, Ojo and Rinomhota.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    He's might not be the greatest, but I like his attitude. He doesn't take any shit off anyone.
    Are you joking? Ng is a fraud. He’s a cheat. And by Championship standards, he’s below average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Are you joking? Ng is a fraud. He’s a cheat. And by Championship standards, he’s below average at best.
    And yet weirdly he is pretty much the first name on the team sheet every time.

So either you or ALL of the management and coaching staff at the club are completely wrong.

Now which one could it be I wonder?!

Thanks for the great insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    And yet weirdly he is pretty much the first name on the team sheet every time.

So either you or ALL of the management and coaching staff at the club are completely wrong.

Now which one could it be I wonder?!

Thanks for the great insight.
    The management and coaching staff have us 21st in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The management and coaching staff have us 21st in the league.
    The stats on the fotmob website have Ng down as our third highest rated player this season after Wintle and Kipre.

Is that all wrong as well then?

I’m no great Ng fan but daft comments need to be called out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    The stats on the fotmob website have Ng down as our third highest rated player this season after Wintle and Kipre.

Is that all wrong as well then?

I’m no great Ng fan but daft comments need to be called out.
    Ng isn't very good. I don't know what stats they're based on but if they have Ng ranked above Callum O'Dowda I suggest they're not very suitable. We are 21st in the league, by definition I don't think we have many players that are better than below average.