+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What else could you do with your Saturday afternoon?

What else could you do with your Saturday afternoon?

We were discussing this today, all the things we could be doing apart from enduring the shit on offer.

It was tongue in cheek…..I think, I’m not sure anymore.

Re: What else could you do with your Saturday afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    We were discussing this today, all the things we could be doing apart from enduring the shit on offer.

Go to the pub before the game, but don't actually leave the pub for the game, so basically go to the pub....

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post
    Go to the pub before the game, but don't actually leave the pub for the game, so basically go to the pub....
    Sounds like a plan ha ha

Sounds like a plan ha ha
    I'll let you know if I follow through with this for the Millwall game ;-)

I go to watch my local club Merthyr more these days I’ve become so apathetic towards City.

Beers on the terrace, some goals (for or against) and curry cob and chips. What’s more do you want.

Non league is like watching City 25 years ago. It’s much more enjoyable. .

Gave up my season ticket about 4 years ago due to increasing expense of getting to games and the amount of time spent getting there (over 2.5 hours each way). Plenty to do on Saturdays but usually try to get time to listen to audio commentary on City TV with their wonderfully biased commentators!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I go to watch my local club Merthyr more these days I’ve become so apathetic towards City.

Beers on the terrace, some goals (for or against) and curry cob and chips. What’s more do you want.

i've started watching wrexham...more for the Documentary than any liking of the club

I've started watching paint dry. Compared to watching Cardiff City it's really exciting. I'm hoping it'll rub off eventually though.

Awkward situation, I’m away now and again when the City are playing but I’m, by hook or by crook, trying to follow our game. Wherever I am the a City dominate those 90 odd minutes, whether it’s a Saturday, Sunday or whatever.

Walk round Tesco with the Mrs. sit in front of the TV. No thanks, I still like 'live' football, getting out, enjoying the company of 18,000 others.

It's never crossed my mind to do anything else on a Saturday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    It's never crossed my mind to do anything else on a Saturday afternoon.
    Me neither but I’m sure we should all be sanity checked.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

My son has just moved to Aberfan. I said to him that he will have to start watching Merthyr now. I might join him.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    My son has just moved to Aberfan. I said to him that he will have to start watching Merthyr now. I might join him.
    Quite a number of City fans watch Merthyr, from all over the valleys not just Merthyr.. You and your son should definitely come and watch a game. Theres a good feel about the club at the moment. 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Tell him to watch Aberfan FC. Costs nothing and he can have a couple of beers in the social after.

Today's result was sickening it'll take a while to get over but I'll be there next Saturday. I don't understand so called fans saying they watch other teams, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Tell him to watch Aberfan FC. Costs nothing and he can have a couple of beers in the social after.
    👍

Watching City used to be my life. It would inform my whole week. These days though, it feels more of a chore, like going to work or putting the bins out in the rain. Hard to equate it to my leisure. If it wasn’t for the chance to keep in touch with fellow sufferers of 40/50 years standing I could loose interest altogether.

Yet then, I know that if Philogene scores a late winner away at Leeds I will be scrambling for a ticket to Accrington!

It’s quite an easy habit to break really….

Take your wife on the train to Swansea,you go to watch the Jacks,she goes shopping.Then meet up in the hotel sports bar next to the station.Have a few beers then train back to Cardiff and your in town for saturday night.Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    Take your wife on the train to Swansea,you go to watch the Jacks,she goes shopping.Then meet up in the hotel sports bar next to the station.Have a few beers then train back to Cardiff and your in town for saturday night.Simple.
    Id rather watch Cardiff in the National League.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post
    This was always the plan in the '80s. But we ended up on the Bob Bank every time.

My nephew drops a tidy DJ set at the club on Saturdays. Even though I'm nearly 60 I love dropping a bag of MDMA and getting into the groove.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    Why would anyone want to go shopping to swansea town centre? It makes cardiff look like Santa Barbara! Newport aside it’s one of the most depressing places I’ve been in wales, apart from cHaverfordwest