+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Available Managers

Available Managers

Apart from the classic Cardiff City scenario, we somehow beat Leeds and Millwall and Dean Whitehead is appointed manager until the end of the season, here's a list of available managers who last managed in the Championship.

Garry Monk anyone?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trai...lasse=0&plus=0

Re: Available Managers

I like the look of Shota Aveladze's stats. Sign him up, Vinnie!

Does not make encouraging reading does it? Need to look further afield......would not be happy with anyone on that list.....

Tan on the phone to richard wood as I type

It’s going to be someone totally random or Warnock in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Does not make encouraging reading does it? Need to look further afield......would not be happy with anyone on that list.....
    Who the hell would want to come here and ruin one’s career? No decent manager would work under this shower

Lets face it. Its going to be Whitehead.

In 5 years time we will never be more than 6 ft away from a Cardiff manager

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Who the hell would want to come here and ruin one’s career? No decent manager would work under this shower
    To be fair there aren’t that many decent ones in the list and quite a few would fancy it

How about the crisp packet that blew onto the pitch in front of the Canton. Could do a better job than the current manager.

The way I see it if you come here you're signing up to be Tan's puppet. A puppet doing things on the cheap too.

Basically we will only get desperate men in to manage us. Desperate because nobody else is showing much interest in them.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I like the look of Shota Aveladze's stats. Sign him up, Vinnie!
    did hi score against Wales in the 5-0 fiasco

The list was better a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Apart from the classic Cardiff City scenario, we somehow beat Leeds and Millwall and Dean Whitehead is appointed manager until the end of the season, here's a list of available managers who last managed in the Championship.

Garry Monk anyone?

The interesting thing for me is whether we bring in a manager to continue with our evolution of playing style from being direct to something more attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Lets face it. Its going to be Whitehead.
    I don't think it will be as it hasn't worked the last two times, surely they can't be silly enough to try a third... but this is Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post
    The interesting thing for me is whether we bring in a manager to continue with our evolution of playing style from being direct to something more attractive.
    Think at this point we need to get someone who can get us scoring goals, playing style is a bit irrelevant now. The evolution needs to be put on hold, not sure it was ever overly needed but it definitely isn't now.

If we can get a big man in on loan, which will be difficult in itself we have the players to play off them so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. We certainly haven't got the players to be knocking it about.

Garry Monk anyone?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-manager.html

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    In 5 years time we will never be more
    than 6 ft away from a Cardiff manager
    Or a Prime Minister?

Think at this point we need to get someone who can get us scoring goals, playing style is a bit irrelevant now. The evolution needs to be put on hold, not sure it was ever overly needed but it definitely isn't now.

If we can get a big man in on loan, which will be difficult in itself we have the players to play off them so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. We certainly haven't got the players to be knocking it about.
    Last season bringing Doyle Hugill and Dramah kick started our season. I would take Hugill back at this point

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Or a Prime Minister?
    We know there is trouble if an ex Cardiff City manager becomes Prime Minister...

I'd give wilder a go, could see Ng as an overlapping centre back, not sure about the other, maybe Simpson?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It’s going to be someone totally random or Warnock in my opinion.
    I agree.

No one saw McCarty being appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The list was better a few months ago.
    Including names like…….Carlos Corberan.

Doh.

The sad part of all of this is you have a list of managers a knowledgeable Championship board would go for and the truly bizarre list our collection of randoms come up with.

They very rarely look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post
    We know there is trouble if an ex Cardiff City manager becomes Prime Minister...
    The last three PMs have been on a par with City's last three managers.

Much of a muchness really.