+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Available Managers

Re: Available Managers

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Yeah I get it, but a manager might see it as an option to boost their profile as well. If they say let me get a decent striker in on loan and keep us up. But then I’m one of them who don’t think the squad is that far off to be honest but just terribly managed.
    That is exactly the point though. A manager in need of boosting their profiles is the exact type of gamble we would need to avoid.

Sadly taking a gamble on a manager who may or may not be successful here is all I feel we have left given what we've turned the club into.

Yeah I get it, but a manager might see it as an option to boost their profile as well. If they say let me get a decent striker in on loan and keep us up. But then I’m one of them who don’t think the squad is that far off to be honest but just terribly managed.
    I think we can play better than we have been. Some of the team selections have been at fault too. That team who started today was just plain bizarre. Especially as we saw a lot of those left out of the eleven at half time.

I think we lack things in this squad that are key to success. Scoring goals isn't going to be trained into a striker who has never scored goals. We don't have any out and out scorers.
    Similarly I'm not sure we're going to suddenly turn some of our midfield players into creative assist merchants.

We need to spend money because certain parts of our squad are simply not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I think we can play better than we have been. Some of the team selections have been at fault too. That team who started today was just plain bizarre. Especially as we saw a lot of those left out of the eleven at half time.

I think we lack things in this squad that are key to success. Scoring goals isn't going to be trained into a striker who has never scored goals. We don't have any out and out scorers.
    Similarly I'm not sure we're going to suddenly turn some of our midfield players into creative assist merchants.

We need to spend money because certain parts of our squad are simply not good enough.
    Yeah know what you’re saying but I think our options are limited.

If we can get a fullback and striker I think we have enough, I think a manager can get more out of the midfield. Maybe a decent striker means Robinson and Davies wide with more freedom.

Yeah know what you’re saying but I think our options are limited.

If we can get a fullback and striker I think we have enough, I think a manager can get more out of the midfield. Maybe a decent striker means Robinson and Davies wide with more freedom.
    Can you see Tan putting the money up for a proven striker?

I can't see it. As much as I'd love it to happen I just don't think he will.

I think Bellamy would stand a chance of getting something from the players and would continue the evolution of the playing style, but doesn’t he have a rotten relationship with the hierarchy?

Can you see Tan putting the money up for a proven striker?

I can't see it. As much as I'd love it to happen I just don't think he will.
    Poorly phrased from me. By proven striker I meant an actual striker who can lead the line, someone like Hugill.

Poorly phrased from me. By proven striker I meant an actual striker who can lead the line, someone like Hugill.
    I put proven in there.

A striker who leads the line but doesn't score would be an improvement but we need somebody who can actually score. If we have a big lad leading the line but not scoring we will move higher up the pitch and he would be surrounded by the same goal shy players we have here now.

I put proven in there.

A striker who leads the line but doesn't score would be an improvement but we need somebody who can actually score. If we have a big lad leading the line but not scoring we will move higher up the pitch and he would be surrounded by the same goal shy players we have here now.
    I think a front three line up of Robinson Hugill (or alike) Davies/ODowda could and should keep us up and get us goals.

I think a front three line up of Robinson Hugill (or alike) Davies/ODowda could and should keep us up and get us goals.
    I wouldn't be as convinced. Robinson is getting on for scoring 1 in 4 here. Issac Davies has 2 goals in 30. Hugill has scored 9 goals in his last 74 appearances for his last 3 clubs.

I'm not sure they'd get too many more goals than we're scoring currently to be honest. Davies and Hugill especially not.

We have 19 games left. If they carried on those stats you could expect maybe 4 or 5 from Robinson, maybe 1 from Isaac Davies and about 3 from Hugill. Nowhere near enough IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I think Bellamy would stand a chance of getting something from the players and would continue the evolution of the playing style, but doesn’t he have a rotten relationship with the hierarchy?
    I can see Bellamy giving up being (soon to be) a coach in the Premier League with a club with a structure and strategy which has been proven over the last 15 years for City?

You been on ketamine?

I wouldn't be as convinced. Robinson is getting on for scoring 1 in 4 here. Issac Davies has 2 goals in 30. Hugill has scored 9 goals in his last 74 appearances for his last 3 clubs.

I'm not sure they'd get too many more goals than we're scoring currently to be honest. Davies and Hugill especially not.

We have 19 games left. If they carried on those stats you could expect maybe 4 or 5 from Robinson, maybe 1 from Isaac Davies and about 3 from Hugill. Nowhere near enough IMO.
    I dunno it’s all guess work. Any striker or winger can go on a run. I guess it’s about the freedom they could have, Rino, Ralls, Wintle behind them and fullbacks pushing on slightly. Could be awful, could work, I’m on my third whisky now so we are pushing for the playoffs haha.

I think Robinson is idea wide alongside someone like Hugill.

As much as I don’t hate Ojo as most, can’t see him getting the goals.

I dunno it’s all guess work. Any striker or winger can go on a run. I guess it’s about the freedom they could have, Rino, Ralls, Wintle behind them and fullbacks pushing on slightly. Could be awful, could work, I’m on my third whisky now so we are pushing for the playoffs haha.

I think Robinson is idea wide alongside someone like Hugill.

As much as I don’t hate Ojo as most, can’t see him getting the goals.
    No.

We hope for the best but this next managerial appointment is vital. Get this wrong and it virtually guarantees relegation with thus squad.

if we did bring wilder here, how would we likely line up?

so my understanding of a typical wilder team are one sweeper, 2 overlapping centre backs.
    wing backs, one defensive minded midfielder and 2 more box to box ones, and a big man little man combination up front.
    with the emphasis on working hard without the ball and getting many bodies in attack without it.

could be something like:

allsop

Ng Kipre Simpson (or maybe Bagan)

Romeo Wintle O'Dowda
    Rino Ralls

Robinson Etete (with Harris and Davies as other options)

I think Ng would be a shoe in for the overlapping centre back role.

think we would struggle to fit in Colwill, unless he can play in one of the more advanced midfield roles. and dont really see Ojo or Philogene fitting in.

Pass the ball to Hugill. He holds the ball up, people run off him, and we move up the pitch. Hugill coming in would be a no brainer for me. We are shit, he isn't. He's far, far better than the alternatives.

No.

We hope for the best but this next managerial appointment is vital. Get this wrong and it virtually guarantees relegation with thus squad.
    We can hope.

Sadly I’m expecting to be surprised again like with Mick.

My money is still on Joe Kinnear

A futile thread, we all know the absolute cheapest option will be the next manager

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    A futile thread, we all know the absolute cheapest option will be the next manager
    You could say the cheapest option is getting the best manger you could possibly get. It would be a lot cheaper than going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You could say the cheapest option is getting the best manger you could possibly get. It would be a lot cheaper than going down.
    That's not the way these clowns roll

That's not the way these clowns roll
    I have a feeling that will change. I can't imagine they've just spent 7m to go down.

If I was Tan it would be Warnock, with a couple of loans until the end of the season.

I can’t think of anyone better suited

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Pass the ball to Hugill. He holds the ball up, people run off him, and we move up the pitch. Hugill coming in would be a no brainer for me. We are shit, he isn't. He's far, far better than the alternatives.
    Quite.

He is no world beater but still miles better than what we have (not Robinson, but he is a different type of player) and offers us something that we have sorely lacked, as you say.

There must be something (money) behind us not loaning him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Quite.

He is no world beater but still miles better than what we have (not Robinson, but he is a different type of player) and offers us something that we have sorely lacked, as you say.

There must be something (money) behind us not loaning him again.
    I think we tried to get him in the summer, but Norwich didn't want to let him go then

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think we tried to get him in the summer, but Norwich didn't want to let him go then
    Ah Ok.

I don’t think that he played much under Smith though did he? Maybe we can get him now and he could help keep us up? Again! :-/