+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MARK HUDSON SACKED

Re: MARK HUDSON SACKED

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think this has been done before.

I still think Morison would have found a way to get us playing, he seemed to have that obsessive nature for detail which worked for and against him. was always going to be hard to get a new group playing. Hudson had the benefit of them building. Morison has some great moments and awful moments, mostly ego and changing line ups randomly. We lost the ego but seemed less of a plan and few good moments.

All pointless really, both wrong appointments

Who knows what Morison would have done, looking at Hudsons results after the short uplift in those few games it’s clear he hasn’t added anything other than pressing.
    Good post . (I didn’t notice the pressing mind you…)

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Right decision

I am sure he will make a good manager but not for us , at this time
    He absolutely will not make a good manager. For anyone. He's an assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You know a lot about the game and I’ve been surprised and disappointed by your lack of constructive criticism - basically, all you say is everything is crap.
    Robinson isn't a lone striker, and Etete isn't ready. I don't think Davies is ready or a lone striker. We absolutely have to sign a centre forward. It was absolutely mental that we are in this position. Sign a left back so O'Dowda can play wide otherwise we will have two very good left backs next season, and we'll be in League one. Robinson, Hugill and O'Dowda could be a decent front 3.

Our midfield is one paced and has no creativity. Play Wintle with someone that can play a bit. I don't know where you sign that player with no money. Losing Romeo is a massive blow as I don't think Ng is good enough going forward to play as a right back and I'm not a fan of his as a centre back. Kipre and McGuinness/Nelson would be my centre back pairing, and keep Simpson as far away from the pitch as humanly possible.

The ball needs to move faster through the lines, under Morison we took 20 passes to get the ball into a dangerous position, by that time the opposition has got set and we couldn't break them down. Any team could come here, sit deep and then break at pace. Under Hudson, we've just pressed the panic button.

I would love us to appoint someone who knows what they are doing. Wilder, for example. We should have appointed a proper manager ages ago, and rather than have a squad of 30, I'd much rather a 22 man squad with a talented manager. I don't care how much you have to pay to get them, a manager makes a tremendous difference.

Finally, sack literally everyone involved in this summer's transfer window and the coaching staff. They are dire. Who has kicked on in the past 18 months? Every one of our players has stood still or got worse. Take Bagan and Colwill, for example, I genuinely think they are poorer players than when they broke through.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I was not the only one to notice this then after all.

You know a lot about the game and I’ve been surprised and disappointed by your lack of constructive criticism - basically, all you say is everything is crap.
    Also, gun to my head, with this side I think I'd play 3-4-1-2

I'd play Allsop; Kipre, McGuinness, Ng; Sang, Rino, Wintle, O'Dowda; Robinson; Davies, Etete.

Obviously Romeo comes in if fit and the middle two basically defend. I think Sawyers has been dire so far but perhaps you could try him in a holding role instead of Rino.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Good post . (I didn’t notice the pressing mind you…)
    It only seemed to happen in the first few game which we won lol

Maybe I’m onto something lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Morison wouldn't have got more goals out of this side. There aren't goals in it.

The real guilty party is Tan. These are his choices and they are dreadful. It is remarkable we've managed to have 4 managers since Neil Warnock and they've all got exponentially worse.
    He had a blank canvas, got rid of a midfield that was not creative and too similair and practically replaced it like for like. Hudson wasn’t the man to take us forward but he’d been dealt a shit hand.

Robinson isn't a lone striker, and Etete isn't ready. I don't think Davies is ready or a lone striker. We absolutely have to sign a centre forward. It was absolutely mental that we are in this position. Sign a left back so O'Dowda can play wide otherwise we will have two very good left backs next season, and we'll be in League one. Robinson, Hugill and O'Dowda could be a decent front 3.

Our midfield is one paced and has no creativity. Play Wintle with someone that can play a bit. I don't know where you sign that player with no money. Losing Romeo is a massive blow as I don't think Ng is good enough going forward to play as a right back and I'm not a fan of his as a centre back. Kipre and McGuinness/Nelson would be my centre back pairing, and keep Simpson as far away from the pitch as humanly possible.

The ball needs to move faster through the lines, under Morison we took 20 passes to get the ball into a dangerous position, by that time the opposition has got set and we couldn't break them down. Any team could come here, sit deep and then break at pace. Under Hudson, we've just pressed the panic button.

I would love us to appoint someone who knows what they are doing. Wilder, for example. We should have appointed a proper manager ages ago, and rather than have a squad of 30, I'd much rather a 22 man squad with a talented manager. I don't care how much you have to pay to get them, a manager makes a tremendous difference.

Finally, sack literally everyone involved in this summer's transfer window and the coaching staff. They are dire. Who has kicked on in the past 18 months? Every one of our players has stood still or got worse. Take Bagan and Colwill, for example, I genuinely think they are poorer players than when they broke through.
    Simpson just hasn't got any confidence

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It only seemed to happen in the first few game which we won lol

Maybe I’m onto something lol
    Have you sent in your CV? ;-)

We've got one of the worst squads in the division and almost certainly the worst coaches. There's not a lot to be positive about.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We've got one of the worst squads in the division and almost certainly the worst coaches. There's not a lot to be positive about.
    I have been dating a lovely Bridgend lass

Simpson just hasn't got any confidence
    Potentially but there isn't much sign of him playing well. He was useless for Rangers, and it wasn't that he was poor against Celtic etc, he was dreadful against St Mirren and Kilmarnock etc. Rangers fans could not believe we signed him. He's also 26 and Rubin Colwill has played more league games than him.

There you go, a depressing read, but a good post. I agree about managers - I look upon the last two occasions when we were looking for managers as lost opportunities. There were very promising young coaches available who we could have gone for - this time, it would appear that we will have to go for a more experienced man.

I happen to think that we’re better than a bottom three team in defence (we were poor today though) and, although I’ve not been too impressed with them lately, I think there’s a decent midfield there. For me, the season long problem is that we’ve not got enough goals in the team- we average a goal a game, which isn’t great, and we’re five or six places higher because, QPR apart, no. One has thrashed us this season.
    As for Colwil L and Bagan, I honestly can’t say if.Colwill has gone backwards because he barely ever plays these days - Bagan hasn’t looked as good this season, but, again, he’s not played much at senior or under 21 level.

Tony Pulis has been out of the game for two years. No compo payable to bag him and he could be desperate enough to suffer mad Vinnie along with accepting the no doubt substandard pay Vinnie would try to lure him with.

Dyche and Wilder's standing would appear too high, and they'd want decent wedge.

Warnock would appear to be a non-starter after Vinnie all but stating publicly he had his pockets picked by him, plus it was reported a week ago by Trust members who said they were told he would categorically not be returning.

Morison and Hudson were poor but at least they were familiar names. Now someone called Dean Who? is at the helm assisted by Tom Who?

There you go, a depressing read, but a good post. I agree about managers - I look upon the last two occasions when we were looking for managers as lost opportunities. There were very promising young coaches available who we could have gone for - this time, it would appear that we will have to go for a more experienced man.

I happen to think that we’re better than a bottom three team in defence (we were poor today though) and, although I’ve not been too impressed with them lately, I think there’s a decent midfield there. For me, the season long problem is that we’ve not got enough goals in the team- we average a goal a game, which isn’t great, and we’re five or six places higher because, QPR apart, no. One has thrashed us this season.
    As for Colwil L and Bagan, I honestly can’t say if.Colwill has gone backwards because he barely ever plays these days - Bagan hasn’t looked as good this season, but, again, he’s not played much at senior or under 21 level.
    I think the issue is though, the team is defensively OK because we are so dire going forwards. I think if you tinker the side to open up a bit more, then we'll get opened up. There isn't any goals in the team and I don't know how you fix that. I can't believe it but McGuinness might score a few goals from corners, in fact, Kipre might as well with someone else to mark in the box.

I think we are past getting a young coach in now, these players have no confidence. They need man management and to be picked up. They also need to coherent plan of how we are going to score. We had that a bit under Morison in the first year (pass to Hugill, hold it up, get wide and then get runners) but we haven't had anything this year. I disagree on the midfield, we won't create or score with it. I think that probably feeds into my thoughts to play a 3 at the back. Romeo and O'Dowda have been our best attacking threats, and Robinson, Davies and Etete could be lively. We really need to commit numbers to attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Tony Pulis has been out of the game for two years. No compo payable to bag him and he could be desperate enough to suffer mad Vinnie along with accepting the no doubt substandard pay Vinnie would try to lure him with.

Dyche and Wilder's standing would appear too high, and they'd want decent wedge.

Warnock would appear to be a non-starter after Vinnie all but stating publicly he had his pockets picked by him, plus it was reported a week ago by Trust members who said they were told he would categorically not be returning.

Morison and Hudson were poor but at least they were familiar names. Now someone called Dean Who? is at the helm assisted by Tom Who?
    I wonder how Tom Who stays on during the manager and other backroom changes?

I have been dating a lovely Bridgend lass
    Admittedly, I only saw her that one occasion from a distance and with you both becoming entangled like that it's difficult to venture an opinion re her loveliness.

Throughout that argument I couldn't make out who was attempting to give the other a judo lesson.

lets be honest, Huds hands were tied, he was just trying to continue the work SM started, same players etc etc but needed a few points on the board, which without a goal scorer was going to be tough, he almost had them aswell, decent try

so now we have 1 week to get someone in and look at a few players, 2 goal scorers and a bit of creativeness from CM, they cant have been out of the game for Long as they will be out of touch, still able to do a few " evenings with " nights,

I think the issue is though, the team is defensively OK because we are so dire going forwards. I think if you tinker the side to open up a bit more, then we'll get opened up. There isn't any goals in the team and I don't know how you fix that. I can't believe it but McGuinness might score a few goals from corners, in fact, Kipre might as well with someone else to mark in the box.

I think we are past getting a young coach in now, these players have no confidence. They need man management and to be picked up. They also need to coherent plan of how we are going to score. We had that a bit under Morison in the first year (pass to Hugill, hold it up, get wide and then get runners) but we haven't had anything this year. I disagree on the midfield, we won't create or score with it. I think that probably feeds into my thoughts to play a 3 at the back. Romeo and O'Dowda have been our best attacking threats, and Robinson, Davies and Etete could be lively. We really need to commit numbers to attacks.
    It’s a fair point I think about being opened up if we had a more attacking outlook, but, if it did lead to us scoring more, it’d a be a risk worth taking - apart from two freakish occasions when we scored three, we can only win games 1-0 this season and I don’t see that being enough to keep us up. Unfortunately, I’m not convinced we have the players to do it. You picked a team in another post which to me seems to be the way to go - three at the back with a fit Romeo and O’Dowda as wing backs because they’ve been our best and most consistent wing backs. I agree with Wintle and Rinomhota in midfield (the latter can be anonymous at times, but he’s played well recently and Ralls hasn’t- - unfortunately because he was a fine player at this level, all Sawyers has done is prove his legs have gone).

Robinson has to be a part of any front three and Davies caused Leeds the sort of problems for a defence that none of our players have done this season for forty five minutes at least - he was less effective yesterday mind. Having watched Etete yesterday, we need someone to become a reliable attacking focal point. You’ve mentioned Hugill, but is a Championship side going to allow one of their players to come here when all they need to do is ask us for a loan fee? I accept it’s very unlikely, but it’s still just feasible in such a tight division that we could go on a great run and become a Play Off rival for Norwich. Going for a Premier League striker probably means a youngster and a pretty untested one at that if there is no loan fee involved, so you start thinking would they be any better than Etete?

All I can think is that any new manager will be aware of our requirements and might be able to call in a few favours from old mates - we really need a quick appointment and it has to be someone who is an improvement on our last four managers -of course, the question then becomes are our lot capable of doing that?

It’s a fair point I think about being opened up if we had a more attacking outlook, but, if it did lead to us scoring more, it’d a be a risk worth taking - apart from two freakish occasions when we scored three, we can only win games 1-0 this season and I don’t see that being enough to keep us up. Unfortunately, I’m not convinced we have the players to do it. You picked a team in another post which to me seems to be the way to go - three at the back with a fit Romeo and O’Dowda as wing backs because they’ve been our best and most consistent wing backs. I agree with Wintle and Rinomhota in midfield (the latter can be anonymous at times, but he’s played well recently and Ralls hasn’t- - unfortunately because he was a fine player at this level, all Sawyers has done is prove his legs have gone).

Robinson has to be a part of any front three and Davies caused Leeds the sort of problems for a defence that none of our players have done this season for forty five minutes at least - he was less effective yesterday mind. Having watched Etete yesterday, we need someone to become a reliable attacking focal point. You’ve mentioned Hugill, but is a Championship side going to allow one of their players to come here when all they need to do is ask us for a loan fee? I accept it’s very unlikely, but it’s still just feasible in such a tight division that we could go on a great run and become a Play Off rival for Norwich. Going for a Premier League striker probably means a youngster and a pretty untested one at that if there is no loan fee involved, so you start thinking would they be any better than Etete?

All I can think is that any new manager will be aware of our requirements and might be able to call in a few favours from old mates - we really need a quick appointment and it has to be someone who is an improvement on our last four managers -of course, the question then becomes are our lot capable of doing that?
    It's the speed of appointment that worries me as we don't have a track record of quick appointments and always seem to be on the back foot and with us needing to strengthen in this window which doesn't have long left
    It then all becomes a bit panicky and this board doesn't seem to decide well in an emergency (cue the howls of derision that they don't decide well at any time)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    It's the speed of appointment that worries me as we don't have a track record of quick appointments and always seem to be on the back foot and with us needing to strengthen in this window which doesn't have long left
    It then all becomes a bit panicky and this board doesn't seem to decide well in an emergency (cue the howls of derision that they don't decide well at any time)
    Agreed.

The new appointment is probably already lined up, Hudson would have been sacked regardless of yesterday’s result.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The new appointment is probably already lined up, Hudson would have been sacked regardless of yesterday’s result.
    I would be amazed if so as this would be out of habit on previous examples and we have had a few recently??

The statement from the club giving whitehead the reins for now seems to say they will begin the search now and knowing their track record appoint them after the window closes

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think with ninety five minutes played, Hudson was going to be our manager at Leeds and a minute later he wasn't. That equaliser did for him in my opinion. That said, I agree that he might well have been on borrowed time - an impressive win at Middlesbrough in his penultimate game didn't save Morison.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I would be amazed if so as this would be out of habit on previous examples and we have had a few recently??
    Perhaps but they usually sound out potential replacements weeks in advance and it’s usually around a transfer window , so it gives a new manager time to get in the replacements he wants , even if in our case they are loans.

There is no point sacking Hudson if it takes another two weeks to find a replacement as the window would have shut.