+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: City “actively exploring” Warnock return.

Re: City “actively exploring” Warnock return.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Him creating a squad that we can’t come back from and go down next season wouldn’t be ideal, either
    I don’t see any manager being allowed to create a squad in January. Whoever comes in will be lucky to get 2 or 3 loans.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I don’t see any manager being allowed to create a squad in January. Whoever comes in will be lucky to get 2 or 3 loans.
    I could envisage a scenario where Davies and Colwill gets sold to accommodate some cloggers though. Given our situation, those two need to be given every chance to succeed, or at least sold for an extremely high price

I could envisage a scenario where Davies and Colwill gets sold to accommodate some cloggers though. Given our situation, those two need to be given every chance to succeed, or at least sold for an extremely high price
    Well thought out, hadn’t considered this. Would be horrible for those two to be sold in order to pay for a few 30 odd year old journeymen, who’ll we’ll be saddled with for a few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well thought out, hadn’t considered this. Would be horrible for those two to be sold in order to pay for a few 30 odd year old journeymen, who’ll we’ll be saddled with for a few seasons.
    I’m not sure it will happen but I’m not sure Warnock is the answer. We do need someone to tell Tan to keep his beak out, though. I’d love Wilder, mainly because I think he’d only take the job if that was the case

Given where we are, I’m sorry but for me warnock is the answer til the end of the season.

despite needing results, unfortunately as soon as we start getting them the club won’t be able to help it, and will extend his deal.

The majority of fans will say how it’s the right thing, until I’d say around November/December where everyone realises we’ve just gone full circle

Him creating a squad that we can’t come back from and go down next season wouldn’t be ideal, either
    True, but I don't think it would be a case of him putting together a new squad - just adding to the existing with a couple of decent loans and once the job's done, that's it. It terms of having 'a plan' for the next 2/3 seasons there are better options, but they may not be able to stop City sliding into league 1

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    True, but I don't think it would be a case of him putting together a new squad - just adding to the existing with a couple of decent loans and once the job's done, that's it. It terms of having 'a plan' for the next 2/3 seasons there are better options, but they may not be able to stop City sliding into league 1
    I don’t think us going back to Warnock is a good idea. I also don’t think us going down is one either. What I do know is Tan calling the shots has to stop. We need a manager that will get us 6 wins and 6ish draws. I think the best way to counteract our lack of creativity is to find someone who presses high, so we win the ball back in their half and we don’t have to “create” chances, they just come to us with one or two passes. I don’t think we’ve got the personnel for a Warnock side, and we aren’t a lost cause either but the next 15/16 days are huge

Nobody is paying big money for Colwill or Davies. They're great prospects by our recent standards, but neither of them are the next Aaron Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Nobody is paying big money for Colwill or Davies. They're great prospects by our recent standards, but neither of them are the next Aaron Ramsey.
    Burnley offered 2.5m in the summer. What I mean is, after 1.5 good seasons they could be 10m players. Ramsey would be worth 20/30m as a teenager now

Two articles on WOL today both quoting our big fan base - I'm my opinion that is not the case and hasn't been in my time following the city - our level is that of a Brighton or a Norwich and that's if we stayed in the top tier for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Two articles on WOL today both quoting our big fan base - I'm my opinion that is not the case and hasn't been in my time following the city - our level is that of a Brighton or a Norwich and that's if we stayed in the top tier for a while
    All of the sleeping giant stuff is quite funny when you consider that we’ve been relegated in four of our last five seasons in the top flight.

Can’t see Warnock doing anything with these players, they’re not his type. And we’ve just let Morission go. It doesn’t add up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Can’t see Warnock doing anything with these players, they’re not his type. And we’ve just let Morission go. It doesn’t add up to me.
    Kipre and McGuiness could do it in defence for him. A striker is an issue for Warnock but then he got something out of Zohore no one else could and even Patterson converted from a right back, to a number 10 to a striker. Point is he will find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All of the sleeping giant stuff is quite funny when you consider that we’ve been relegated in four of our last five seasons in the top flight.
    that's just us hitting the snooze button

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    don't panic...it's just WOL.......
    Wales On Lies.

Could till do a job for you, and if Vince wants him will he want Vince. In the end, as always in the modern game, it'll come down to the money.

Surely a sleeping giant is one that would realise it's potential both status and crowd wise as a very big team if it sorted out performances on the pitch?

We could be huge if we built a club that could maintain its place in the Premier League. That looks as far away as it ever has though and we're only one tier below it.

Put us in the Premier League for the time the Jacks were and I think we would show we are the sleeping giant in South Wales. If VT knew what he has here he might sort his act out. Then again...

Didn't Kipré come on yesterday wearing a fetching pair of mittens?

Our Neil will sort him out. He wants those prepared to play with blood in their boots.

Kipre and McGuiness could do it in defence for him. A striker is an issue for Warnock but then he got something out of Zohore no one else could and even Patterson converted from a right back, to a number 10 to a striker. Point is he will find a way.
    I don't buy the whole Warnock getting something out of Zohore that nobody else could have -

he was actually a very highly rated youngster in Denmark, was the youngest player to play in their top division, and did enough to earn a move to fiorentina.
    he scored 15 times in 43 games for fiorentina which is a decent amount, in between some loan moves.
    then he went to odense and scored 10 goals in 28 games, this is all while he was still a young player.

when he joined us he had a few games on loan under Slade, and then basically didn't play under Trollope before Warnock came in

Paul
    Direct to me today by the club Chair and the club CEO. They have not been exploring a Warnock return , actively or otherwise. They have also confirmed that a claim elsewhere that the Chair met with NW last week at the Vale training complex is rubbish and they haven`t met for a couple of years, there or anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't buy the whole Warnock getting something out of Zohore that nobody else could have -

he was actually a very highly rated youngster in Denmark, was the youngest player to play in their top division, and did enough to earn a move to fiorentina.
    he scored 15 times in 43 games for fiorentina which is a decent amount, in between some loan moves.
    then he went to odense and scored 10 goals in 28 games, this is all while he was still a young player.

when he joined us he had a few games on loan under Slade, and then basically didn't play under Trollope before Warnock came in
    He never played a game for Fiorentina's first team

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Paul
    Direct to me today by the club Chair and the club CEO. They have not been exploring a Warnock return , actively or otherwise. They have also confirmed that a claim elsewhere that the Chair met with NW last week at the Vale training complex is rubbish and they haven`t met for a couple of years, there or anywhere else.
    Good news, if and it’s a big IF the new manager is a better option than Warnock.

So the Warnock rumours all bollox from the infamous "sauces"

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He never played a game for Fiorentina's first team
    ah yeah sorry meant their youth team.

yes he played his best football for a time at the start of warnocks regime, but he had also been a promising young player , by the time Warnock left he was basically finished.

same thing with Murphy

Point is he will find a way.
    He won’t get the chance. Judging by his recent comments in the press, Vinnie has discovered he was tucked up by Warnock on a few deals. The chances of him coming back as City manager are, I believe, on a par with the chances of Malky Mackay coming back. Absolute zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    ah yeah sorry meant their youth team.

yes he played his best football for a time at the start of warnocks regime, but he had also been a promising young player , by the time Warnock left he was basically finished.

same thing with Murphy
    You're having a mare in this thread. We sold Zohore to West Brom for Ł8m the summer before Warnock left.