+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suppose it is Warnock - hypothetical scenario that needs an answer

Re: Suppose it is Warnock - hypothetical scenario that needs an answer

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I agree completely.
    I just can't see him coming here for what, 4-5 months?
    I reckon he'd want another year and therein lies the problem.
    If he wants to come here til the end of the season with an incentive based contract then f*ck it, do it.
    I just reckon he's got 18 months in his head judging by some of what he's said recently.

He's made it clear he doesn't want "years", but I reckon he'll want more than 4-5 months.

He probably wants one more go at the purse strings in June/July.
    Of course he'd want an 18 month contract. If it all went wrong he'd be quids in.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Suppose Warnock returns. Suppose we stay up. There's an important question - what happens then? Staying up is important but there has to be a longer term view beyond that.

I think we can say with some surety that Tan isn't going to be spending much, so the likelihood is that we're stuck with most of this season's squad for next season.

Does he get another contract?

Does he leave at the end of the season, when we'd be looking for yet another manager to get something out of the same group of players?

What is the plan? There has to be one. Looking at it solely from the point of view that the plan is to stay up and nothing else matters is simply short sighted.
    He has to be very short-term to the end of the season maximum, there are some good Managers about at the moment, I would try for Dean Smith or Chris Wilder as longer-term options, but would they come, and are they past their best too?

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If he comes then it must be a water tight contract until May

His job to keep us in the championship

If he does that he gets a bonus

Then we look for a long term appointment

It's no more complicated than that
    For once we agree

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He has to be very short-term to the end of the season maximum, there are some good Managers about at the moment, I would try for Dean Smith or Chris Wilder as longer-term options, but would they come, and are they past their best too?
    I'm just against all this short-termism. Asking Warnock, or anyone, to come in just to save us this season is kicking the can down the line a few months. None of the problems will be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    There is little point in asking this question as the only person who could answer it is Vincent Tan and he is not prepared to share any vision that he likely does not possess. It's a shambles. He had been a good owner on the whole in terms of supporting us financially, but his football knowledge is desperate and he hasn't learnt on the job. Simply, there is no plan!
    His football knowledge got us to the Premiership. The owners of other clubs who haven't achieved such greatness are the one's defunct of 'football knowledge'

International

I'm just against all this short-termism. Asking Warnock, or anyone, to come in just to save us this season is kicking the can down the line a few months. None of the problems will be resolved.
    Yes that's true, I think Tan has his back against the wall, he probably doesn't trust Dalman and Choo to make a good selection and can't afford to go down, he knows what Warnock did last time and is probably praying he can do it again.

If he does hopefully he then appoints a new director to run the club, someone with football knowledge.

yep same here. although for example if we get in someone like wilder who wants to play a very different way from what we. currently are, would the players be able to pick it up quickly enough?
    I'd still rather have a long term appointment than give it to Warnock for a few months

Long term appointment for me as well, otherwise the mistakes keep getting perpetuated.

They've made long term appointments every time though.

They've just chosen so badly that they turn out to be short term appointments.

What we need is somebody else who knows what they're doing picking the manager. Surely we've had enough goes at it with this current bunch now to safely say they haven't got a scooby when it comes to picking a manager.

It isn't Warnock. He has retired