+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warnock not being considered

Warnock not being considered

Keith Morgan has spoken to Dalman today who is adamant Warnock is not in the frame for the job.
    Whether to believe Dalman or not is another matter.

Got this off twitter

Re: Warnock not being considered

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Keith Morgan has spoken to Dalman today who is adamant Warnock is not in the frame for the job.

Got this off twitter
    Whose Twitter?

Wasn't it Dalman that said Hudson would not be given the job permanently?

Got this off twitter
    Hoping this is true.

Don’t think trust in the clubs communication is exactly the highest it’s ever been after whatever was said or not said about paying the first installment of the Sala fee, right before we paid the first installment of the Sala fee.

OK

Act 2

Who do we want ?

Who are we going to get ?

Me first

Brian Clough

Brian Blessed

All it says is that they haven’t spoken to him - yet.

The one thing NW would do is motivate these players and for that reason alone I would like him to be given the job of getting us out of this mess. I accept it's short-termism but you know he'll fight tooth and nail to keep us in this division and that has to be our number one priority this season.

The bookies haven't read this yet - he's odds on this morning.

That tweet just says he hasn’t met him yet. I got the impression in another thread it was stronger than that and said he was not being considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    That tweet just says he hasn’t met him yet. I got the impression in another thread it was stronger than that and said he was not being considered.
    “ and that he has not met Neil Warnock nor been to the Vale for years.”

We’re just begging him through zoom then

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    The one thing NW would do is motivate these players and for that reason alone I would like him to be given the job of getting us out of this mess. I accept it's short-termism but you know he'll fight tooth and nail to keep us in this division and that has to be our number one priority this season.
    Motivation isn't the issue with these players. They were all motivated to play for Steve Morison. Most of them are just not good enough.

Even if Warnock did come in and keep us up, it doesn't fix any of the root problems at the club. We'll be in exactly the same position next year.

As long as the club continues to be run the way its run, we'll never move forward. Anything else is just applying plasters.
    Last edited by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead; 16-01-23 at 07:38. Reason: Extra point

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The bookies haven't read this yet - he's odds on this morning.
    That just means City fans have been betting on him, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Motivation isn't the issue with these players. They were all motivated to play for Steve Morison. Most of them are just not good enough.

Even if Warnock did come in and keep us up, it doesn't fix any of the root problems at the club. We'll be in exactly the same position next year.

As long as the club continues to be run the way its run, we'll never move forward. Anything else is just applying plasters.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    When Talksport and Walesonline go with headlines of we are actively seeking Warnock its no suprise to see some betting activity and the markets react.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    When Talksport and Walesonline go with headlines of we are actively seeking Warnock its no suprise to see some betting activity and the markets react.
    Without a doubt Eric.
    Potentially also they don't want to have more bets placed on him as they think his appointment is still a strong possibility.
    Without Warnock its a wide open book and odds will continue to fluctuate when bets are placed.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Wasn't it Dalman that said Hudson would not be given the job permanently?
    I thought it was Morison he said was too inexperienced to become interim manager and then a few days later he became interim managed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I thought it was Morison he said was too inexperienced to become interim manager and then a few days later he became interim managed.
    Correct: I'm not sure everything Dalman says can be taken as Gospel

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

I’ve got a bit more faith in the squad than you - the evidence of the last four league games tells you Hudson was making them worse, but, otherwise, I think you’re spot on.

As for Mehmet Dalman, he said he wouldn’t give Steve Morison the job and, to be fair to him, he has said he’s in favour of a Director of Football being appointed, but what he thinks counts for nothing - if Vincent Tan wakes up this morning and decides he wants to bring Paul Trollope back, Paul Trollope will be offered the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Correct: I'm not sure everything Dalman says can be taken as Gospel
    He probably does think it but then I guess it’s not always his decision either.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ve got a bit more faith in the squad than you - the evidence of the last four league games tells you Hudson was making them worse, but, otherwise, I think you’re spot on.

As for Mehmet Dalman, he said he wouldn’t give Steve Morison the job and, to be fair to him, he has said he’s in favour of a Director of Football being appointed, but what he thinks counts for nothing - if Vincent Tan wakes up this morning and decides he wants to bring Paul Trollope back, Paul Trollope will be offered the job.
    He also said he didn't know a lot about Hudson - maybe he wondered if it was worth the effort recognising he would be here long??

If Warnock isn't in the frame then that suggests to me he has rejected our approach.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    OK

Act 2

Who do we want ?

Who are we going to get ?

Me first

Brian Clough

Brian Blessed
    Brian Potter I'd go for, go full comedy.

Turn the bars into the Phoenix Club, plenty of garlic bread and St Clair in as assistant. The first wheelchair bound manager ever appointed so a big disability rights statement too.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Brian Potter I'd go for, go full comedy.

Turn the bars into the Phoenix Club, plenty of garlic bread and St Clair in as assistant. The first wheelchair bound manager ever appointed so a big disability rights statement too.
    Potter is warnock in a wheelchair

Let's have it