Won’t get back to previous costs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64270157

Fat cats to get fatter.

Re: Energy Prices Set to Stay

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Fat cats to get fatter.
    Shocking!!! We are paying the highest prices in the world. What a country, what a shambles of a government. https://www.cityam.com/revealed-brit...-entire-world/

Sunak and his wife ....730 million in the bank

He really understands what people are going through

We are mugs.

Thank god we didn't vote for Corbyn though.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    We are mugs.

True tough enough as it is with Covid, Brexit, and Wars, we'd be well and truly ****** !

Liz Truss tried the magic money tree, thankfully it looks like Rishi and Kier if he gets in won't!

Pull your belts in we can get through this, tough times don't last tough people do!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    True tough enough as it is with Covid, Brexit, and Wars, we'd be well and truly ****** !

Liz Truss tried the magic money tree, thankfully it looks like Rishi and Kier if he gets in won't!

Pull your belts in we can get through this, tough times don't last tough people do!
    why, which of his policies would leave us "****ed" compared to the efforts of the Tory party over the last decade.

it's hard to imagine how anyone could **** the country over more than they have, whilst simultaneously enriching their friends bank accounts of course

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Fat cats to get fatter.
    The message doesn't look quite right when they are making 3x their usual profit and their CEOs wage doubles year on year.

Scumbags the lot of them.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    why, which of his policies would leave us "****ed" compared to the efforts of the Tory party over the last decade.

it's hard to imagine how anyone could **** the country over more than they have, whilst simultaneously enriching their friends bank accounts of course
    If you don't know, you don't know, it would take too long to explain what a mess we would be in and how much worse off we would be.

We all have an excuse for not protesting being fecked sideways by the government in alliance with their corporate energy chums and their lobbyists.

Mine is I have a bit of a cough which precludes one from getting off the settee.

We deserve what we are collectively prepared to tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    We all have an excuse for not protesting being fecked sideways by the government in alliance with their corporate energy chums and their lobbyists.

Mine is I have a bit of a cough which precludes one from getting off the settee.

We deserve what we are collectively prepared to tolerate.
    It's quite chilly out

We are mugs.

Absolutely, fat cats would be a dying breed and we would be so sorry to see them go extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sunak and his wife ....730 million in the bank

He really understands what people are going through
    sadly we are not permitted to do what we'd like to this ********!

You can't have it always , we coud be Norway as its North Sea gas , Scotland , oppsotion partiers all want net zero asap , no fracking , no new oil licences , no new coal mines , no windmills in NIMBYS back yard's butr still want cheap power , please tell me how you get that without paying a a top price fropk importing countries that prodcuce and sell it , where we won't , you get what you sow..

It got bugger all to do with fat cats or dogs , who lets be fair deserve to not be sugjected to such nasy accustations , you should see the queues oustide the local vets with anexity issues , think about others before attacking over weight animals .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You can't have it always , we coud be Norway as its North Sea gas , Scotland , oppsotion partiers all want net zero asap , no fracking , no new oil licences , no new coal mines , no windmills in NIMBYS back yard's butr still want cheap power , please tell me how you get that without paying a a top price fropk importing countries that prodcuce and sell it , where we won't , you get what you sow..

It got bugger all to do with fat cats or dogs , who lets be fair deserve to not be sugjected to such nasy accustations , you should see the queues oustide the local vets with anexity issues , think about others before attacking over weight animals .
    Fair point! Am I allowed to refer to them as excess slime or do you think gastropods and molluscs might find the term offensive?

Taking a walk down my street,I can see very people who have not they central heating on as there's nothing coming from the flues.
    Problems will arise from health issues,damp and condensation.
    My last monthly gas/electricity bill was £290 after the government discount.
    The energy companies are running a cartel,all charging the same price.
    Thatcher,s privatisation of the energy companies is falling apart at the seams.
    Long my she stay warm in hell.

If you don't know, you don't know, it would take too long to explain what a mess we would be in and how much worse off we would be.
    90% of tories respond this way when asked that question.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Taking a walk down my street,I can see very people who have not they central heating on as there's nothing coming from the flues.
    Problems will arise from health issues,damp and condensation.
    My last monthly gas/electricity bill was £290 after the government discount.
    The energy companies are running a cartel,all charging the same price.
    Thatcher,s privatisation of the energy companies is falling apart at the seams.
    Long my she stay warm in hell.
    This is it really. Everything is now an opportunity to take more and more from those who have very little. We have been heading that way for a long time unfortunately but not every country is quite so bad, some worse.

I don't really understand the purpose of the government anymore, they provide you with nothing other than rules and threats when you don't comply. Water, energy, housing, keeping people healthy. If you want a functioning society then these need to be ensured. Public transport should be about moving people from where they are economically inactive (sitting on their arse) to where they are economically active (work, holidays, trips) but instead it is its own grift entirely.

Sounds like a Boris Johnson soundbite or slogan.

90% of tories respond this way when asked that question.
    That's far too low! I'd pitch it as 99.99999% and it's worn as a badge of honour for unenlightened Tories.