+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't take your smelly dogs in pubs and restaurants

International

Re: Don't take your smelly dogs in pubs and restaurants

I don't mind dogs in the pub, some in my local I've seen grow up from puppies, and the each tends to have its own personality.
    What I don't like is people bringing a dog in the pub when it's soaking wet when it does actually smell bad.

That said there's a person started coming in my pub who is filthy. He looks like he's been working on a dusty building site non-stop for a week. But he hasn't. He wears the same clothes on Sat and Sunday. If he can afford to drink every day he can afford soap. It's worse than that its in-grained.I hate the man.
    The dog has no choice, he is taken in on a lead and his wet smell is natural. The man have the choices and doesn't make them. Lazy dirty and careless of other people.
    I'd ban him in a heartbeat if I could. I'd politely ask the wet dog to come back tomorrow when its not raining.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The kids that are out of control are the responsibility of the soft as shit parents who are to ****ing lazy and up their own arse to keep an eye on their kids, and maybe, just maybe, interact with them.
    100% correct it's they who should either be banned or put in a kennel outside

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Kids are just as bad

I think taking kids into places where alcohol is served is idiotic
    Including the city stadium?
    as if I didn’t have to take the kids I could get out of it altogether

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't mind dogs in the pub, some in my local I've seen grow up from puppies, and the each tends to have its own personality.
    What I don't like is people bringing a dog in the pub when it's soaking wet when it does actually smell bad.

That said there's a person started coming in my pub who is filthy. He looks like he's been working on a dusty building site non-stop for a week. But he hasn't. He wears the same clothes on Sat and Sunday. If he can afford to drink every day he can afford soap. It's worse than that its in-grained.I hate the man.
    The dog has no choice, he is taken in on a lead and his wet smell is natural. The man have the choices and doesn't make them. Lazy dirty and careless of other people.
    I'd ban him in a heartbeat if I could. I'd politely ask the wet dog to come back tomorrow when its not raining.
    Does the bloke in question have grey hair and a bit of a grey beard? Are we talking north cardiff?

International

Some are worse than the dogs!

Don't take your dogs into Korean restaurants unless you're a supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Not my view but a topic on the next-door app, someone posted that and it's kicking off.

If you don't like dogs when you eat, don't go to a dog-friendly pub, but some are going mental saying don't take you little brats.
    If it's a dog friendly pub, then there's no complaints - if you don't like dogs don't go there. Dogs are much nicer than people LOL!

International

Does the bloke in question have grey hair and a bit of a grey beard? Are we talking north cardiff?
    This guy is grey all over with a full coating of long term dirt. I'd say mid 50s. stocky, wears the same clothes all the time, like you expect to see on someone who'd just finished work on a manual job, building site or the like. never seen him shaven but his stubble doesn't develop into a beard. If he shaved the dirt on his skin would be obvious.
    The area is Llandaff. I shudder just thinking about him.

This guy is grey all over with a full coating of long term dirt. I'd say mid 50s. stocky, wears the same clothes all the time, like you expect to see on someone who'd just finished work on a manual job, building site or the like. never seen him shaven but his stubble doesn't develop into a beard. If he shaved the dirt on his skin would be obvious.
    The area is Llandaff. I shudder just thinking about him.
    Yup, i thought as much, thanks for clarifying. Next time you see me, say hello....

Yup, i thought as much, thanks for clarifying. Next time you see me, say hello....
    I nearly choked then :)

Very good!

Pubs are dying, they need all the customers they can get. People with dogs account for about 20% of trade generally and up to 40% in tourist areas. This is from a friend who manages 3 different pub/restaurants.
    Wales seems to be pretty slow in catching up, you go to any semi rural part of England and all the pubs are dog friendly. I went to Saundersfoot recently and I was pleased to see that all the pubs were dog friendly, even the ones serving higher end food.
    II prefer dogs to 99.9% of the human race so it's fine by me

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Pubs are dying, they need all the customers they can get. People with dogs account for about 20% of trade generally and up to 40% in tourist areas. This is from a friend who manages 3 different pub/restaurants.
    Wales seems to be pretty slow in catching up, you go to any semi rural part of England and all the pubs are dog friendly. I went to Saundersfoot recently and I was pleased to see that all the pubs were dog friendly, even the ones serving higher end food.
    II prefer dogs to 99.9% of the human race so it's fine by me
    Yes I think the bloke that was moaning on the neighbor's group was a dog hater, my reaction was great I'll start taking my dog everywhere hoping I bump into him and p!ss him off more.

Yes I think the bloke that was moaning on the neighbor's group was a dog hater, my reaction was great I'll start taking my dog everywhere hoping I bump into him and p!ss him off more.
    Probably the first post I agree with you. Let's find out where he lives and give him doggy Hell 😜

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Probably the first post I agree with you. Let's find out where he lives and give him doggy Hell ��
    Yes and get the dogs to shit on his door step, dog haters love that

I'm not one to call for censorship but I respectfully ask for Mr Morris to remove your utterly despicable message.

Some of us know who you are referring to, as no doubt you do too.

Instead of making it public, you should have chose to PM Sludge and urged him to have a change of clothes and have a wash occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm not one to call for censorship but I respectfully ask for Mr Morris to remove your utterly despicable message.

Some of us know who you are referring to, as no doubt you do too.

Instead of making it public, you should have chose to PM Sludge and urged him to have a change of clothes and have a wash occasionally.
    Surely not Sludge, he doesn't drink and thinks people who frequent pubs are alcoholics. Even so, he doesn't want dogs in the places he never goes to

Surely not Sludge, he doesn't drink and thinks people who frequent pubs are alcoholics. Even so, he doesn't want dogs in the places he never goes to
    He'd have a better chance of pulling if there were more dogs in pubs, then again....

He's the opposite of a dog in a manger.

Sludge's alter ego posts here.

I visit his abode fairly regularly. He always wears a vest indoors, never any type of shirt. I reckon the one he had on last week he's worn continually since last June. He claimed I was wrong and mid-July would be nearer the mark.

We played guess the stain. I thought the largest one was vegetable soup, he said minestrone. Another I thought could be oxtail he had dribbled down the front of was in fact coffee.

Take nothing that blaggard submits at this forum as gospel.

Not my view but a topic on the next-door app, someone posted that and it's kicking off.

If you don't like dogs when you eat, don't go to a dog-friendly pub, but some are going mental saying don't take you little brats.
    I like the sound of your neighbour.

But then I hate dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I like the sound of your neighbour.

But then I hate dogs.
    I’m half way through a holiday in west wales. In places that I have stopped for a drink or something to eat there seem to be as many dogs as people. Yesterday one came over in a pub in Llangrannog and got within an inch of my chowder. The owners smiled a weak apology almost as if it was my fecking fault for ordering something that their stinking mutt might have taken a liking to. Seriously - it is getting out of hand.

It’s not you, is it Tuerto ?

I walked the barmaid from my local home the other night. She invited me in for coffee. She had a wonderful Schnauzer .

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It’s not you, is it Tuerto ?
    Read through the thread and you shall find out!