+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Manager rumours..

Re: Manager rumours..

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    At the risk of offending anyone on here, the latest rumour places Bruce taking training today.
    Even I dont believe that one. 😜
    Did he look good taking training?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Warnock also took over a good Championship squad that was underperforming, that's not the case with this lot

Morrison, Manga, Peltier, Bennett, Ralls, Gunnarsson and Zohore were already here and would go on to be important players for Warnock. Not forgetting someone like Pilkington who popped up with important goals
    I think that’s exactly the case with this lot. Ffs Zohore was a joke when he arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Depends what you read but the Leeds manager mentioned him and this was picked up by wol (or wez on the other board depending on who had the scoop first) so all good reliable sources 😂😂
    Marsch also lamented being judged on results… I wouldn’t take what he says too seriously

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Has it been reported that Smith wants “assurances”? I’d ruled the likes of Wilder and Smith out because I didn’t think they were that desperate.
    What alternative gig are Smith and Wilder that is a better option than us? Joking aside, they have just been sacked from roles in the same Division (after shortly before being sacked by a Prem club). I think they will be desperate and despite a loonie owner they'd have to take the offer. They may never work again if they don't get a position soon, certainly not at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    What alternative gig are Smith and Wilder that is a better option than us? Joking aside, they have just been sacked from roles in the same Division (after shortly before being sacked by a Prem club). I think they will be desperate and despite a loonie owner they'd have to take the offer. They may never work again if they don't get a position soon, certainly not at this level.
    i can't see them getting another Premership job at the moment,but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Marsch also lamented being judged on results… I wouldn’t take what he says too seriously
    Also seen a picture of Steve Bruce in a suit taking training with whitehead - I've spread bet £100 on each of them to ensure I win something as I am convinced of all the sources on the tinternet 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think that’s exactly the case with this lot. Ffs Zohore was a joke when he arrived.
    Rjk (I think) pointed out the other day that Zohore had some pedigree, signed by Fiorentina, Danish youth caps, goals in the Danish & Swedish top flights etc

Who in our forward line has a similar pedigree? Zohore was 22 when he signed so not exactly an old timer

Are you suggesting this squad is similar in quality to the one Warnock inherited?

Rjk (I think) pointed out the other day that Zohore had some pedigree, signed by Fiorentina, Danish youth caps, goals in the Danish & Swedish top flights etc

Who in our forward line has a similar pedigree? Zohore was 22 when he signed so not exactly an old timer

Are you suggesting this squad is similar in quality to the one Warnock inherited?
    Warnock signed Bamba and Hoilett, but his first team was Amos; Peltier, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett; Gunnar, Ralls, Whitts; Noone, Hoilett, Lambert. Manga and Pilks would have started if we didn’t sign Bamba and Hoilett. Only Robinson gets a game from our squad over that team (maybe Allsop but that’s just because Amos was badddd) because Lambert couldn’t move. 16/17 Zohore starts over Robinson all day long.

Warnock signed Bamba and Hoilett, but his first team was Amos; Peltier, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett; Gunnar, Ralls, Whitts; Noone, Hoilett, Lambert. Manga and Pilks would have started if we didn’t sign Bamba and Hoilett. Only Robinson gets a game from our squad over that team (maybe Allsop but that’s just because Amos was badddd) because Lambert couldn’t move. 16/17 Zohore starts over Robinson all day long.
    Allsop isn't great either, it baffles me that there have been some player of the season shouts on here for him. I saw last month that he was statistically one of the worst shot stoppers in the Championship and was conceding more than he should

That side had finished 8th the season before, was expensively assembled and widely considered to be underperforming when Trollope got the sack. None of that is true of this squad. Incredibly that midfield has more creativity than most of the offerings from our more "progressive" managers this season

Tony Pulis is coming. Available and very cheap.

He was being mocked by our fans for missing open goals and classed as rubbish. We have had plenty of players with a lot more pedigree that have been rubbish.

No I’m not but they are both under achieving and both had/have plenty enough players to push up the league with a couple of adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He was being mocked by our fans for missing open goals and classed as rubbish. We have had plenty of players with a lot more pedigree that have been rubbish.

No I’m not but they are both under achieving and both had/have plenty enough players to push up the league with a couple of adjustments.
    Zohore played very little prior to Warnock's arrival in 2016, he started maybe 3 league games in a year? The one I remember missing open goals and being a laughing stock was Gounongbe

What suggests this side are under achieving? Of our signings very few have shown themselves to be good at this level, on both occasions he's been a regular at this level Alsopp was relegated, Romeo was in mid-table League 1 last season, Kipre as a Championship regular has always been toward the bottom, O'Dowda's best Championship season was 4 goals, Sawyers is on the decline, Ojo is worse than he was when he came on loan. Robinson is a proper player at this level and it's a shame Collins was injured as he looked good, but those two aside I don't see much from the summer transfers that I'd be considering them to be under achieving, in fact I'd say O'Dowda is playing the best he has for some time. The nature of our summer means there's no past form with this squad to point to as evidence that they're under achieving, I'd say they're probably doing about what most expected

We certainly have plenty of players, but we don't have enough good ones. I'd say I'm usually fairly optimistic about City, but I don't really see this squad pushing much further up the table. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it

Zohore played very little prior to Warnock's arrival in 2016, he started maybe 3 league games in a year? The one I remember missing open goals and being a laughing stock was Gounongbe

What suggests this side are under achieving? Of our signings very few have shown themselves to be good at this level, on both occasions he's been a regular at this level Alsopp was relegated, Romeo was in mid-table League 1 last season, Kipre as a Championship regular has always been toward the bottom, O'Dowda's best Championship season was 4 goals, Sawyers is on the decline, Ojo is worse than he was when he came on loan. Robinson is a proper player at this level and it's a shame Collins was injured as he looked good, but those two aside I don't see much from the summer transfers that I'd be considering them to be under achieving, in fact I'd say O'Dowda is playing the best he has for some time. The nature of our summer means there's no past form with this squad to point to as evidence that they're under achieving, I'd say they're probably doing about what most expected

We certainly have plenty of players, but we don't have enough good ones. I'd say I'm usually fairly optimistic about City, but I don't really see this squad pushing much further up the table. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it
    Romeo has been good this season, Kipre is better than bottom of the Championship level, Rinomhota has been playing well lately and has played all of his career in the Championship and Philogene definitely has ability which has hinted at being a match winner at this level - for example at Sunderland.

So much of football is played in the head and it seems to me that our confidence levels have fallen off a cliff since the Blackpool match.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    He would be bottom of a very long list

Romeo has been good this season, Kipre is better than bottom of the Championship level, Rinomhota has been playing well lately and has played all of his career in the Championship and Philogene definitely has ability which has hinted at being a match winner at this level - for example at Sunderland.

So much of football is played in the head and it seems to me that our confidence levels have fallen off a cliff since the Blackpool match.
    As I mentioned in another thread Sawyers played almost every game for Walsall,Brentford and West Brom between 2013 and 2019. Dean Smith praised his attitude and work rate' at Walsall then took him to Brentford and Thomas Frank made him captain at Brentford. He is still only 31 so perhaps the right manager can get more out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The betting odds have Warnock 1-2 and we know hes not coming. Ismael is now 4-1. .
    Maybe the odds are actually how the board makes its decision

While some of that is true, when people list our players that are good enough at this level they usually end on about number 8 or 9. Another issue is, we include Philogene and Kipre who aren’t our players! At least it looks like we might be out of the FIFA embargo? Perhaps. God the club is terrible at communication.

I don’t think our players have ever believed they are capable of scoring goals, or implementing the style of play that Morison asked for. I think they’ve been bereft of confidence for a lot longer than the Blackpool game. I think deep down, they know they can’t really score many goals the way we are planning and once one goal goes in, it often sucks the life out of us. Hopefully we appoint the right manager that can come in, shake things up and pick the squad up

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread Sawyers played almost every game for Walsall,Brentford and West Brom between 2013 and 2019. Dean Smith praised his attitude and work rate' at Walsall then took him to Brentford and Thomas Frank made him captain at Brentford. He is still only 31 so perhaps the right manager can get more out of him.
    His legs have gone. WBA fans have said so, Stoke fans have said so, now our fans are saying so. I’d be amazed if we see a resurgence in his form as he can’t cover the ground

The point was that we're underachieving, much like the side Warnock took over, I just don't agree. Looking at our players I can't see many that I'd say are genuinely underperforming, most of them are playing to the level they've always played and those who have played at a higher level (Ralls and Sawyers mainly) are declining.

While some of that is true, when people list our players that are good enough at this level they usually end on about number 8 or 9. Another issue is, we include Philogene and Kipre who aren’t our players! At least it looks like we might be out of the FIFA embargo? Perhaps. God the club is terrible at communication.

I don’t think our players have ever believed they are capable of scoring goals, or implementing the style of play that Morison asked for. I think they’ve been bereft of confidence for a lot longer than the Blackpool game. I think deep down, they know they can’t really score many goals the way we are planning and once one goal goes in, it often sucks the life out of us. Hopefully we appoint the right manager that can come in, shake things up and pick the squad up
    Forest were promoted with a teamful of loan players last season and I was expecting us to have a lot more of them this season - I don’t think whether a player is on loan or not makes any difference when you’re comparing our squad with others because I’m guessing each of the other twenty three teams have at least one loan player (can’t think of one for the jacks mind).

I think I’ve tended to be more upbeat about our team than most supporters -I never considered us as a relegation team before the break for the World Cup and I thought we played well at Stoke in the first game back. We also played well up to a point against Blackpool the following week, but at the final whistle I found myself thinking that if we can’t win a game after dominating it as much as that, we’re in trouble.

I can well imagine the players coming off the pitch thinking something similar and I feel performances have got a lot worse since then. We’ve looked like a relegation side in our last four league games and while we had some shockers in the previous twenty three, there was usually something in the next game or two to restore some faith - there’s been nothing in the last four though.

What worries me is it seems we are not close to appointing anyone and we desperately need players. Are clubs going to want to loan to a club with no manager and no idea what style we will play and how we will use their player.

Talented youngsters from PL clubs I just cant see us getting at the moment.

Its all well and good taking time but meanwhile the window will be closing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Maybe the odds are actually how the board makes its decision
    If only we could put £5m on the 4/1 shot

I dont think the players have played that badly individually. But tactically we are way way way off it, a new manager can bring new confidence and surprisingly some tactics (we hope). Alllsop was relegated you’re right but I certainly don’t think he’s been a bad signing, from memory we signed Marshall (and I think Hudson) after they were relegated from the championship.

Romeo is a more than capable right back at this level.

I think you’re underestimating how important having a manager with some tactics actually is. If we went down I don’t think we would struggle to move on a lot of these players.

I don’t think it matters either that Kipre and Philogene are loans, we have them for the season, they are our players for the issues ahead this season. Come the summer more loans and more players will become available to replace them.

Forest were promoted with a teamful of loan players last season and I was expecting us to have a lot more of them this season - I don’t think whether a player is on loan or not makes any difference when you’re comparing our squad with others because I’m guessing each of the other twenty three teams have at least one loan player (can’t think of one for the jacks mind).

I think I’ve tended to be more upbeat about our team than most supporters -I never considered us as a relegation team before the break for the World Cup and I thought we played well at Stoke in the first game back. We also played well up to a point against Blackpool the following week, but at the final whistle I found myself thinking that if we can’t win a game after dominating it as much as that, we’re in trouble.

I can well imagine the players coming off the pitch thinking something similar and I feel performances have got a lot worse since then. We’ve looked like a relegation side in our last four league games and while we had some shockers in the previous twenty three, there was usually something in the next game or two to restore some faith - there’s been nothing in the last four though.
    More to say, while Kipre is and JPB probably is, we might not be able replace them in the summer. I think we’ve looked like a relegation side for months. We didn’t score in 5 of Morison’s last 7 games, and one of them was a 20 yarder in the dying minutes and we still lost. We haven’t been able to score all season, Hudson certainly hasn’t managed to fix the problem, and teams that can’t score are always in big trouble.

The PNE game at home was a prime example. We completely dominated the game and yet, did bugger all really. We had 2 shots on target out of 22. We have to play really, really well to win and that’s a problem. We definitely could have lost that game as well. Same as Blackpool, we completely dominated and you could say we were lucky to get a point by the end.

I think with a good manager we might be OK but there is fundamental issues that they will need to be addressed. It doesn’t look a happy camp.

Oh well, I’m still dumb enough to freeze myself half to death at Elland Road tonight. Cmon City