+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Manager rumours..

Manager rumours..

Liam Manning starting to be linked strongly.

Re: Manager rumours..

The Ipswich manager seems to have had a good first year in management. Young and progressive by all accounts, retired early through injury and coached through the spurs and man utd academies. Give me him over Warnock any day of the week.

Agree that he sounds promising, but do we really need someone who's still learning the ropes? Staying up is the most important thing right now.

Dean Smith apparently spoken to.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    He was apparently sacked after getting just 15 points from 20 games...

Who is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    He was apparently sacked after getting just 15 points from 20 games...
    He’d fit right in then!

Dean Smith apparently spoken to.
    Would love this to happen

International

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Would love this to happen
    He'd do!

Should Wikipedia stats be accurate Liam Manning's win ratio as manager is excellent. It was better in both his two appointments than Neil Warnock achieved anywhere save for a four game stint at QPR.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Manning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Should Wikipedia stats be accurate Liam Manning's win ratio as manager is excellent. It was better in both his two appointments than Neil Warnock achieved anywhere save for a four game stint at QPR.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Manning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Warnock
    They won't be dancing in the streets of Lommel SK

Sean Dyche would sogn tommorow if it wasn't for is political incorrectly surname , suppose we could call him Sean Ditch as that's where he will probaly end up .

If Manning's signature is secured I foresee his torso and head appearing from a limousine's open sunroof along Cowbridge Road to acknowledge cheering crowds. Canton will erupt with joy.

"Let's go, Liam, let's go," they will chant as they hurl flowers and confetti at the club's saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Agree that he sounds promising, but do we really need someone who's still learning the ropes? Staying up is the most important thing right now.
    Who says that experience will make us more likely to stay up?

Manning typically plays 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Its the de facto line of thought for many on here, presumably developed during the halcyon days of Mick McCarthy.

We could do a lot worse than Manning, and the fact he's had a stinker this season probably works in our favour. Let's face it: we're not going to be attracting anyone who's on an upward trajectory.

Either way, I'd like to think we could look further than a current club employee or Neil Warnock, but then again I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The history books ?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Its the de facto line of thought for many on here, presumably developed during the halcyon days of Mick McCarthy.

We could do a lot worse than Manning, and the fact he's had a stinker this season probably works in our favour. Let's face it: we're not going to be attracting anyone who's on an upward trajectory.

Either way, I'd like to think we could look further than a current club employee or Neil Warnock, but then again I'm not holding my breath.
    People like Warnock , Fat Sam when he was on his game and others got results

I think Eric is obsessed with the style of play which is all very romantic but percentage footballs tends to get results

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    He’d fit right in then!
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I think Eric is obsessed with the style of play which is all very romantic but percentage footballs tends to get results
    fewer and fewer teams have been playing that type of football every year, and those that do have been less and less successful.
    football has moved on

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Manning typically plays 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2
    Fits us well then...

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Do we have the type of players that can play percentage football though, we lack strength, aggression, height etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    fewer and fewer teams have been playing that type of football every year, and those that do have been less and less successful.
    football has moved on
    Totally agree, most teams like to play out from the back now. Teams like Brighton and Brentford have been promoted doing so and therefore is the new blueprint.

Anyone know the last time we appointed a manager who was managing at another club when we appointed them??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Anyone know the last time we appointed a manager who was managing at another club when we appointed them??
    It think it was Russell Slade.