+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Manager rumours..

Re: Manager rumours..

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    More to say, while Kipre is and JPB probably is, we might not be able replace them in the summer. I think we’ve looked like a relegation side for months. We didn’t score in 5 of Morison’s last 7 games, and one of them was a 20 yarder in the dying minutes and we still lost. We haven’t been able to score all season, Hudson certainly hasn’t managed to fix the problem, and teams that can’t score are always in big trouble.

The PNE game at home was a prime example. We completely dominated the game and yet, did bugger all really. We had 2 shots on target out of 22. We have to play really, really well to win and that’s a problem. We definitely could have lost that game as well. Same as Blackpool, we completely dominated and you could say we were lucky to get a point by the end.

I think with a good manager we might be OK but there is fundamental issues that they will need to be addressed. It doesn’t look a happy camp.

Oh well, I’m still dumb enough to freeze myself half to death at Elland Road tonight. Cmon City
    I can’t argue with what you say about our lack of goals- only being able to win 1-0 at home is a habit we have to get out of pretty quick.

Enjoy the game - you never know

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I dont think the players have played that badly individually. But tactically we are way way way off it, a new manager can bring new confidence and surprisingly some tactics (we hope). Alllsop was relegated you’re right but I certainly don’t think he’s been a bad signing, from memory we signed Marshall (and I think Hudson) after they were relegated from the championship.

Romeo is a more than capable right back at this level.

I think you’re underestimating how important having a manager with some tactics actually is. If we went down I don’t think we would struggle to move on a lot of these players.

I don’t think it matters either that Kipre and Philogene are loans, we have them for the season, they are our players for the issues ahead this season. Come the summer more loans and more players will become available to replace them.
    Statistically Allsop has been one of the worst keepers in the league this season: https://twitter.com/louorns/status/1...61iSJQVp1u_jSA

You're right we signed Marshall and Hudson after they went down, but they were proven players as opposed to Alsopp who's gone down both times he's been a regular. Hudson had over 100 Championship appearances and Marshall was a full Scottish international who'd played in the Champions League.

I've been pleasantly surprised by some of Romeo's performances, but I do think a lot of people are letting the players off the hook. We're 21st in the league because of more than just the managers.

Do you think we could sell many of them if we went down? The fact that most of these were free transfers would suggest there wouldn't be many looking to pay a fee for them. A lot of them are on 3 year deals.

Obviously managers are important, but if you don't have the players there's not much you can do, you'll more than likely get found out over a 46 game league season unless you have a real top manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread Sawyers played almost every game for Walsall,Brentford and West Brom between 2013 and 2019. Dean Smith praised his attitude and work rate' at Walsall then took him to Brentford and Thomas Frank made him captain at Brentford. He is still only 31 so perhaps the right manager can get more out of him.
    Spot on. For all the rubbishing of our squad, we have a lot of players who are performing well below levels that theyve previously attained (and we're not talking about past-their-sell-by-date veterans here). A decent manager will get this lot into mid table.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Statistically Allsop has been one of the worst keepers in the league this season: https://twitter.com/louorns/status/1...61iSJQVp1u_jSA

You're right we signed Marshall and Hudson after they went down, but they were proven players as opposed to Alsopp who's gone down both times he's been a regular. Hudson had over 100 Championship appearances and Marshall was a full Scottish international who'd played in the Champions League.

I've been pleasantly surprised by some of Romeo's performances, but I do think a lot of people are letting the players off the hook. We're 21st in the league because of more than just the managers.

Do you think we could sell many of them if we went down? The fact that most of these were free transfers would suggest there wouldn't be many looking to pay a fee for them. A lot of them are on 3 year deals.

Obviously managers are important, but if you don't have the players there's not much you can do, you'll more than likely get found out over a 46 game league season unless you have a real top manager.
    Stats are stats, some people like Allsop some don’t, personally think he’s been a good signing in a hard position.

I think our position is mostly down the the manager so we will have to agree to disagree.

I don’t think we would have much problem moving most of them on, depends what we are paying them. Not sure we would get huge fees for any but I think most could get moves and play at this level comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Spot on. For all the rubbishing of our squad, we have a lot of players who are performing well below levels that theyve previously attained (and we're not talking about past-their-sell-by-date veterans here). A decent manager will get this lot into mid table.
    Which players in our squad are those? I can't think of many.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Which players in our squad are those? I can't think of many.
    I'm not sure either.

A lot of these players left on frees for a reason and it wasn't because their clubs were busting a gut to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'm not sure either.

A lot of these players left on frees for a reason and it wasn't because their clubs were busting a gut to keep them.
    Pretty much all out of contract, happens all the time, not sure that means anything. Reading wanted to keep Rino but couldn’t afford to keep him.

Allsop doesn’t leave his line enough for me. Wigans equaliser last Saturday was a cross to the far post, inside the 6 yard box. He could have punched the ball clear with ease but didn’t. He has been doing that all season

People should remember that the same players were not this bad under Morison.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    People should remember that the same players were not this bad under Morison.
    Really? Morison's final game was a 1-0 defeat to a Huddersfield side who haven't been out of the relegation zone all season. The team failed to score in six of his eleven matches, including against League One opposition.

City were poor this season under Morison and City are poor now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Really? Morison's final game was a 1-0 defeat to a Huddersfield side who haven't been out of the relegation zone all season. The team failed to score in six of his eleven matches, including against League One opposition.

City were poor this season under Morison and City are poor now.
    We were creating chances though. When Morison was here it was all about finding a way to get the players to take the chances that they kept wasting. In terms of overall match performances we're getting worse as the games roll on

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We were creating chances though. When Morison was here it was all about finding a way to get the players to take the chances that they kept wasting. In terms of overall match performances we're getting worse as the games roll on
    When Morison got sacked, we had the second lowest shots in the box in the league. We didn't score in 5 of his last 7. He signed 17 players, this is the mess he left.

Maybe it was because it was early in the season and I had a feeling that, although we were never going to be prolific in front of goal, things would improve once the squad knew each other's game better, but it's just not happened and, if anything our forward play has got worse as the season has gone on.

Worse than that, what I thought was an improved midfield has hit the buffers in recent weeks and there's now signs that we're struggling defensively. You can't argue with the attacking stats people put up which show we were poor under Morison in that department, but I agree with you - performance levels have got far worse since the World Cup break and, despite not having won in ten, our results in our last four league games in particular have been better than the performances have merited.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe it was because it was early in the season and I had a feeling that, although we were never going to be prolific in front of goal, things would improve once the squad knew each other's game better, but it's just not happened and, if anything our forward play has got worse as the season has gone on.

Worse than that, what I thought was an improved midfield has hit the buffers in recent weeks and there's now signs that we're struggling defensively. You can't argue with the attacking stats people put up which show we were poor under Morison in that department, but I agree with you - performance levels have got far worse since the World Cup break and, despite not having won in ten, our results in our last four league games in particular have been better than the performances have merited.
    They seem like a squad of utility players. Nothing wrong with any of them but just not particularly strong or weak in any department.

I’m not sure we’ll see anything other than a relegation battle every season with the squad as I don’t see them being able to up their performance with a better manager.

Of course, a better manager might not make stupid decisions like play 5 centre backs or putting on a unfit winger to chase down a premier league defence, but I don’t see a play off chase for a very long time

We were certainly poor at times under Morison, especially towards the end of his tenure. But we also had periods or even a couple of games where we played great stuff and didn’t score, which is something he absolutely bears responsibility for in not bringing in a striker or two.

What I would argue is that we are no longer poor, we are impossible to watch unorganized boring shite who don’t look they have a plan. Where we weren’t winning earlier in the season because we weren’t putting away the chances or having the movement in the box to get on the end of promising moves, now we aren’t even looking remotely dangerous in the final third for most of the time.

There’s no question we’ve not been a top half team since that great first result but for me, we have gone from a decent looking champ team I felt would end up being mid table under Morison to absolute nailed on relegation favorites the last few weeks under Hudson. Just my opinion.

I’m not sure any manager could save us this season, we just had a run of games where 3 points were needed and failed in all of them. Tougher matches coming up. League one eh? Nice work Mehmet

We could be mid-table in League One next season with most of the same players and some people on here would still be claiming that the team world have come good under Morison.

When Morison got sacked, we had the second lowest shots in the box in the league. We didn't score in 5 of his last 7. He signed 17 players, this is the mess he left.
    He had to sign a new squad in a single window on a nothing budget. His main signing, our now top scorer and assist maker, he got to use maybe once or twice.

I'm not convinced we would be a whole lot better off either but the majority of the blame lies with the board. Who we have as manager is becoming increasingly irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We could be mid-table in League One next season with most of the same players and some people on here would still be claiming that the team world have come good under Morison.
    On 30th Jan 22, we beat Forest 2-1. We played Smithies; Drameh, Ng, Morrison, McGuinness, Doughty; Doyle, Wintle, Ralls; Hugill, Watters. Of our 17 new signings, I think Kipre comes in for Ng or McGuinness, and Robinson starts over Watters. Probably O'Dowda over Doughty.

In the summer we lost Smithies, Drameh, Morrison, McGuinness, Doughty, Doyle, Hugill, Uche, Vaulks, Bacuna, Pack, Phillips, Flint and Collins. Regardless of how good some of them are, we've replaced them gambles and kids. Simpson, Ojo, Sawyers and Nkounkou are useless. Daley-Campbell is 22 in April and can't get on the bench. Allsop and Alnwick are worse than Smithies and Phillips. Sawyers is worse than Pack and Bacuna. Of the other young players, Etete and Tanner are miles off the level at the moment, and we needed them to be ready now. Rinomhota isn't very good and isn't a huge upgrade over Vaulks etc. Adams is a complete unknown while even one of the good signings in Romeo isn't as good as Drameh. Robinson, O'Dowda and Collins and Romeo have been successes and Philogene blows hot and cold but that's a young winger for you. Thank God McGuinness is back. Whoever the new manager is, has a hell of a job on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He had to sign a new squad in a single window on a nothing budget. His main signing, our now top scorer and assist maker, he got to use maybe once or twice.

I'm not convinced we would be a whole lot better off either but the majority of the blame lies with the board. Who we have as manager is becoming increasingly irrelevant.
    Board useless. Agreed. Morison also useless. Morison didn't have to release the likes of Flint and Vaulks. He chose to, most had one year options. Morison had a clean slate to sign whoever he pleased and he's come away with 4 hits out of a possible 17? He also spent a lot more money than other clubs in the division.

Board useless. Agreed. Morison also useless. Morison didn't have to release the likes of Flint and Vaulks. He chose to, most had one year options. Morison had a clean slate to sign whoever he pleased and he's come away with 4 hits out of a possible 17? He also spent a lot more money than other clubs in the division.
    Exactly. It was a choice to release many of them and Morison should take his share of the blame. He was more than happy to take credit

Irrespective of who the new manager is, it needs to be sorted quickly - very quickly. 11 days left in the window - if we had someone in place as soon as Monday that would give him just a week to bring in a couple of decent loan signings..

Irrespective of who the new manager is, it needs to be sorted quickly - very quickly. 11 days left in the window - if we had someone in place as soon as Monday that would give him just a week to bring in a couple of decent loan signings..
    we still have a head of recruitment, and it's clear where the issues are in the squad

Big Sam now 6/1 3rd favourite 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Big Sam now 6/1 3rd favourite ��
    I would take Sam over any one else linked.