Wales Football - Men and Women to be paid exactly the same

On Sky Sports

Re: Wales Football - Men and Women to be paid exactly the same

good

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    On Sky Sports
    For interviews etc? What about on BBC or ITV?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    For interviews etc? What about on BBC or ITV?
    I just couldn't link it from my phone

Makes sense, I can't see any reason why not. The issue will be the amount itself.

I don't agree. Does the women's game attract the same revenue, sponsorship and corporate financial deals as the mens game does?
    No it dosn't so why should the payments be equal? I'm not against womens football at all but its getting a bit in your face now and being forced into the mens game with all this equality guff.
    Tennis yes, athletics yes but football, although it is growing - the womens game is nowhere near the mens game yet for popularity and revenue.

I think it's more arguable for international football than club football, but i'm not sure it's quite right.

In the workplace, a male teacher and a female teacher do the same thing. Should get paid the same obviously.

So in football are we saying that say, Jess Fishlock and Aaron Ramsey do the same for Welsh football, generate the same amount of money and interest in the game, and are at a comparable skill level?

Hear hear, great news

The useless fecks are earning far too much!

I doubt the amounts are that significant anyway, so the message and principle of the announcement is more important than the amounts received.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Wonder if it's a paycut for the men or a payrise for the women.
    Probably no financial impact to the FAW although a PR gain

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Wonder if it's a paycut for the men or a payrise for the women.
    Probably no financial impact to the FAW although a PR gain
    The men are taking a 25% pay cut

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The men are taking a 25% pay cut
    Hmm

Not being cynical, but rather than "men and women to be paid exactly the same", the headline could just read "FAW cut wage bill"

Are Rob Page and Gemma Grainger receiving the same dough?

Hmm

Not being cynical, but rather than "men and women to be paid exactly the same", the headline could just read "FAW cut wage bill"
    The men unanimously agreed to the cut to fund the increase

The men unanimously agreed to the cut to fund the increase
    No doubt that they did, and that they can afford it

But some would argue that if the FAW want the plaudits for this bit of PR, (and/or feel that the womens team and mens team should be paid the same), they should up the pay of the women, right?

No doubt that they did, and that they can afford it

But some would argue that if the FAW want the plaudits for this bit of PR, (and/or feel that the womens team and mens team should be paid the same), they should up the pay of the women, right?
    Not sure what you're getting at? The men voted to take a pay cut which will be used to increase the women's pay, so that their both paid the same.

Not sure what you're getting at? The men voted to take a pay cut which will be used to increase the women's pay, so that their both paid the same.
    I'm not convinced than men and women's football should be paid the same.
    If they're going to be paid the same though I don't think that it should be funded through the men's team taking a paycut.
    The FAW should fund an increase to the women if they want the plaudits and PR that go with this.

Isnt it the case that Male players get a relatively small amount (compared to club salary) for international games, and the majority of players donate the sums to charity anyway.

On that basis why not just pay the same, the money will mean a lot more to the women.

I'm not convinced than men and women's football should be paid the same.
    If they're going to be paid the same though I don't think that it should be funded through the men's team taking a paycut.
    The FAW should fund an increase to the women if they want the plaudits and PR that go with this.
    I can see that argument at a club level, but for an appearance fee for representing your country its not so easy to justify. Its also a reward for the recent improvements in both attendances and performance of the women's team in recent years.

I can see that argument at a club level, but for an appearance fee for representing your country its not so easy to justify. Its also a reward for the recent improvements in both attendances and performance of the women's team in recent years.
    I completely agree with rewarding the women, especially with their improved performances/attendances.
    Why should the mens team be penalised? We all know how much they've improved performances and attendances in recent years.

Another poster mentioned that many of the men give their fee to charity. So charities get less money now.

All I'm saying is if the FAW want the applause then they should up the women's money not get the men to take a cut to fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Isnt it the case that Male players get a relatively small amount (compared to club salary) for international games, and the majority of players donate the sums to charity anyway.

On that basis why not just pay the same, the money will mean a lot more to the women.
    Yes. This is why it seems to me to be one of those "nothing to see here" stories.

It was always looked upon as being an honour and a privilege to represent your country where any payment was minimal, amounting to little more than expenses.

This decision will not impact too much on the man's pocket, given their huge salaries, but will mean that the women will need to get bigger purses.

This announcement hasn't really changed a thing apart from perhaps people's perception of the women's game and I doubt the interest in the men's/women's game will change much either.

Didnt realise you got paid for internationals.

I completely agree with rewarding the women, especially with their improved performances/attendances.
    Why should the mens team be penalised? We all know how much they've improved performances and attendances in recent years.

Another poster mentioned that many of the men give their fee to charity. So charities get less money now.

All I'm saying is if the FAW want the applause then they should up the women's money not get the men to take a cut to fund it.
    Maybe the men's squad volunteered to take a cut, and when asked they all agreed. I don't know.
    I don't know either if the men donate their fee to charity or not? I know the England players do, but that charity is the FA Foundation, so the money all stays in the game anyway. The England players i believe get £1500 per international btw, plus £500 for a draw or £1k for a win, so it's about £1/2m a year in total to the charity which helps develop the game.
    Increasing the women's pay will also help develop the game won't it?