+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wales Football - Men and Women to be paid exactly the same

Re: Wales Football - Men and Women to be paid exactly the same

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Maybe the men's squad volunteered to take a cut, and when asked they all agreed. I don't know.
    I don't know either if the men donate their fee to charity or not? I know the England players do, but that charity is the FA Foundation, so the money all stays in the game anyway. The England players i believe get £1500 per international btw, plus £500 for a draw or £1k for a win, so it's about £1/2m a year in total to the charity which helps develop the game.
    Increasing the women's pay will also help develop the game won't it?
    Maybe you're right, but if they did volunteer it then it shouldn't have been taken surely. The FAW should be stumping up the money, that's all. I'm not sure that increasing women's pay will help develop the game, but either way any gain for either sex shouldn't be at the detriment of the other imo.

Do they charge the fans the same price to watch mens and womens football.?

If they want everything to be equal then include the fans in that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Didnt realise you got paid for internationals.
    Nor me. Genuinely the first I've heard of it.

Do players get docked wages by their clubs when they're on international duty? I somehow doubt it. So I'd guess the payments are totally unnecessary in the first place in the case of the men's game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Do players get docked wages by their clubs when they're on international duty? I somehow doubt it. So I'd guess the payments are totally unnecessary in the first place in the case of the men's game.
    They receive a fee per game, around the 2 grand mark i think, The England players donate it to a charity.

2k is peanuts to PL and probably Championship players.

Weve got L1 players in our squad. Probably could do with the extra.

A HR minefield.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Hmm

Not being cynical, but rather than "men and women to be paid exactly the same", the headline could just read "FAW cut wage bill"
    No the 25% being taken off the men is going to the women

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Isnt it the case that Male players get a relatively small amount (compared to club salary) for international games, and the majority of players donate the sums to charity anyway.

On that basis why not just pay the same, the money will mean a lot more to the women.
    Exactly

It's such a weird thing for people to complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Are Rob Page and Gemma Grainger receiving the same dough?
    If they are Rob Page is being overpaid.

Bonkers. The vast majority of the revenue is generated by the men’s game, it’s not a like for like role.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bonkers. The vast majority of the revenue is generated by the men’s game, it’s not a like for like role.
    #togetherstrongerexceptbetweenthesexes

I hope the same is being done at board level then this welsh virtue signaling might just live up to its headline.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Do they charge the fans the same price to watch mens and womens football.?

If they want everything to be equal then include the fans in that as well.
    it's easier to rinse men .They are total pillocks when it comes to football and will pay any price

One thing that I've always wondered. We refer to it as the men's game in this sort of chat. but is it? Is there a rule which prevents women playing international football for the "men's" team? It's a genuine question because I don't know. Last time I checked FIFA basically said it was up to national associations to decide. I am pretty sure there is no rule saying only men can play in the EPL either.

I also wonder whether, in my lifetime, we will see a woman playing in a "men's" professional side.

Redistributing Bale’s fee

A long time ago I used to do a bit of work with a then-England international. Yes they did get a fee (always donated to charity I think) and while it was small compared to the day job, it would be a material sum over the course of a season to anyone who earns a normal salary. If memory serves it came to around £20k a year, depending on the number of games etc.
    But agree, totally unnecessary. The FA might as well have donated their appearance fee budget to charity directly, seems a bit daft to give a few thousand to a millionaire so he can hand it over to a charity

Fees for media stuff were similar. A rounding error in the salary of a premier League footballer, but real money to someone earning a normal wage.

How much do the FAW pay the men's players? I never really thought they did.

I wonder if and when the Premier League will pay its female players the same as the men.

Apparently the FA has been paying England’s men and women the same since 2020. The Irish FA also has the same policy.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football...pay-fa-reveals