+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Decent Striker……

Decent Striker……

Apart from Kieffer Moore we haven’t had a decent striker for twelve years!!
    Kieffer was a Covid enigma
    He scored twenty odd goals apparently but no fecker was there too witness it 🙁
    I don’t blame him in the slightest for effin off as soon as a premier league club came sniffing
    He’s at the arse end of his career in footballing age so nobody should have any grievance with him
    I’m saying twelve years since we’ve had a decent striker and that’s based on Michael Chopra playing his last game for us in 2011.

I know it’s cyclical but even for us we’ve really struggled to find a striker that the fans can sing about……I’m 54
    Peter Thorne was magic he wears the magic hat -
    Carl Dale - Phil Stant - Leo Fortune West - Kenneth Zohore - Jay Bothroyd - Ross McCormack - Earnie

Excuse me if I’ve missed anyone but I’ve had a few drinks lol but you get what I’m saying

It seems to me that our scouts need sacking along with the manager

I know every team in every league is looking for “the one” but we aren’t looking far enough.

Goals win games and we aren’t the lowest scoring team in the Championship for nothing
    It’s imperative we get a decent striker in this transfer window and it’s massively important we pay good money for the right player to stay in this division.

For me I’d be trying to tempt Niklas Fullkrug the German Striker from Werder Bremen

Re: Decent Striker……

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    He scored twenty odd goals apparently but no fecker was there too witness it 🙁
    I don’t blame him in the slightest for effin off as soon as a premier league club came sniffing
    He’s at the arse end of his career in footballing age so nobody should have any grievance with him
    I’m saying twelve years since we’ve had a decent striker and that’s based on Michael Chopra playing his last game for us in 2011.

I know it’s cyclical but even for us we’ve really struggled to find a striker that the fans can sing about……I’m 54
    Carl Dale - Phil Stant - Leo Fortune West - Kenneth Zohore - Jay Bothroyd - Ross McCormack - Earnie

Excuse me if I’ve missed anyone but I’ve had a few drinks lol but you get what I’m saying

I know every team in every league is looking for “the one” but we aren’t looking far enough.

Goals win games and we aren’t the lowest scoring team in the Championship for nothing
    It’s imperative we get a decent striker in this transfer window and it’s massively important we pay good money for the right player to stay in this division.

For me I’d be trying to tempt Niklas Fullkrug the German Striker from Werder Bremen
    I've a feeling he may be out of our price bracket.

Thirty years old and tenth choice striker in his National Team?

It’s a name I’ve thrown into the pot

Better than the current scouts can come up with lol 😂

You’ll never know until you ask the question but I’d love him to start for Cardiff!!
    Who would be top of your list Harry??

Our current striker put the ball in the net, I think he's more than capable at this level

Is Seven goals so far in a season acceptable Sludge??

Is Seven goals so far in a season acceptable Sludge??
    The Championship top scorer is on 13 and has 1 assist. Robinson has 5 assists.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Our current striker put the ball in the net, I think he's more than capable at this level
    He is the trouble with football its a game whereby all components have to work together and create the opportunities for strikers to score .. You can sense Robinson 's frustration, and he is a decent striker .

We have a decent midfield
    Some would argue a half tidy defence
    The grey area is the player or player’s that are supposed to be scoring the goals we need to win football matches

Our striker isn’t the problem. Robinson outs balls in the net when given the chance. He’s not being provided those chances and we’ve nowhere near enough goals from defence and midfield. Our midfielders must have an 18 yard box phobia because I never see them in the opposition box.

Strongly disagree with that

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I've a feeling he may be out of our price bracket.
    We don't have a price bracket

The grey area is the player or player’s that are supposed to be scoring the goals we need to win football matches
    After last night's performance no one will say we have a half tidy defence

Kieffer Moore needed replacing.

He hasn't been and it shows. The £4 million or whatever we received for him got swallowed up somewhere.

We have a workmanlike midfield when sitting in.
    They're not creative in the slightest. That's half the problem with our scoring issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    After last night's performance no one will say we have a half tidy defence
    Bit unfair, given that we had our second choice defence against a decent Premier League attack. What were you expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bit unfair, given that we had our second choice defence against a decent Premier League attack. What were you expecting?
    Them to defend would have been a good start

I think Robinson is by far our best player but I do think he looks better as a no.10 or even with a partner up top.

Couple more like him and we'd be doing fine.

He scored twenty odd goals apparently but no fecker was there too witness it ��

He would probably end up looking like just half a krug* playing for us - and end up looking like a mug.

*Hier ist ein Krug:
    BIERKRUG-WUNSCHGRAVUR-BEWEIS-1_0015_400x400.jpg