+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nelson .......A Man Reborn

Nelson .......A Man Reborn

Just like Lazzarus

He's playing well and easily looks one of our better players

We seem OK for centre backs if he continues this form

Re: Nelson .......A Man Reborn

Do agree his passing has impressed , when he first came I though we had a goon un with development he would do well , for me against Leeds he was outstanding ,is that because you get more time and there is less pressing as Leeds are a front foot side , in Championship it can be a different gig , to be far he has been through a lot of managers and tactics ..

Worse defenders I seen recently are Sang , Alnwich , and that dreadful Nkounkou who is fast , flashes of skill but a dreadful defender no discipline to his position , can't head a ball , its everybody's fault defender , good finger pointer though ..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Do agree his passing has impressed , when he first came I though we had a goon un with development he would do well , for me against Leeds he was outstanding ,is that because you get more time and there is less pressing as Leeds are a front foot side , in Championship it can be a different gig , to be far he has been through a lot of managers and tactics ..

Worse defenders I seen recently are Sang , Alnwich , and that dreadful Nkounkou who is fast , flashes of skill but a dreadful defender no discipline to his position , can't head a ball , its everybody's fault defender , good finger pointer though ..
    Sang is a league one player

Nelson has a bit of class just needs to apply himself

Yes. Seemed great when he first broke through then went backwards.
    I think it's fair to say some of us may have been a bit one-eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Just like Lazzarus

He's playing well and easily looks one of our better players

We seem OK for centre backs if he continues this form
    I think this is more of an indication of the squad Morison has put together rather than anything else... Still, well done Nelson, it can't be easy as the only one who can defend in a back 4.

I know he wasn't directly responsible but it shows how far we've dropped when we hail the performance of a defender in a game where the back four conceded 5 goals.

The defence he was part of yesterday got torn to shreds. Against a PL side sure but still, some of the defending was basic mistakes.

For one of the goals didn't nelson come storming out, realise he could get nowhere near the ball then turn around and watch as the massive space he had left was exploited.

I don't think he is as bad as has been made out tbh. Although I like NG on the ball he's not a CB for me and will go to RB as Sang isn't a RB.

So I expect there to be competition to play alongside Kipre from McGuinness (can he even play yet?), Nelson and Simpson.

Least Nelson can attack the ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    For one of the goals didn't nelson come storming out, realise he could get nowhere near the ball then turn around and watch as the massive space he had left was exploited.
    That was Simpson. For the third goal Simpson was pressing in their half, about 40 yards from our back line. God he is terrible.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think this is more of an indication of the squad Morison has put together rather than anything else... Still, well done Nelson, it can't be easy as the only one who can defend in a back 4.
    Yeah I'd agree with that. It's not difficult to stand out amongst a pile of manure.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That was Simpson. For the third goal Simpson was pressing in their half, about 40 yards from our back line. God he is terrible.
    I have no idea what anyone sees in Simpson. Why McGuiness was shipped out to make room for him is beyond me.

McGuinness has to play Saturday. Hes match fit and needs to be playing not bench warming.

Nelson did ok yesterday. Outstanding is really pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    McGuinness has to play Saturday. Hes match fit and needs to be playing not bench warming.

Nelson did ok yesterday. Outstanding is really pushing it.
    There's no way he was outstanding. Just about ok I'd say

I think Nelson has been less bad than most of his colleagues in recent games, that’s not to say he’s been good.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I have no idea what anyone sees in Simpson. Why McGuiness was shipped out to make room for him is beyond me.
    Simpson has mostly been on the bench.
    if McGuiness had been here then he would have been on the bench as well, until Romeo got injured most likely.
    if he wasn't playing then we probably wouldn't have seen the improvement there has reportedly been in McGuiness.

it was a good loan move. we have precious few of those so let's not knock it when we do have one

Nelson has been out of favour for a while, and a few dodgy performances. But he's looked fairly good in both of the Leeds games, though it may well be a case of him looking good compared to the rest of them. Anyway, I think Nelson and Kipre would make a good pairing at centre back.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think Nelson has been less bad than most of his colleagues in recent games, that’s not to say he’s been good.
    The problem for me is consistency.
    He'll have a decent game here and there but he's never outstanding and he falters far too much.
    The only time he looked decent for any period of time was when Sean Morrison was basically carrying him.

I wouldn't be too bothered if we let Nelson go to be honest.

We are not in a position to go trawling through the leagues and if we include Nelson we should be OK at centre back

Right back , couple in the middle and a big lump up front is what we need

We are not in a position to go trawling through the leagues and if we include Nelson we should be OK at centre back

Right back , couple in the middle and a big lump up front is what we need
    Presume this is a typo and you mean a left back. That being said, I'm not so sure we do with McGuinness back, can just move Ng to left back. The latter two positions though, desperately needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Presume this is a typo and you mean a left back. That being said, I'm not so sure we do with McGuinness back, can just move Ng to left back. The latter two positions though, desperately needed.
    I would keep odowda at left back , ng right back

I would keep odowda at left back , ng right back
    Surely that's our best attacking player on the season so far completely wasted, would rather he be part of a front 3 with Robinson and Davies/Philogene unless we get a big man to pair with Robinson, in which case O'Dowda back into a midfield 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Surely that's our best attacking player on the season so far completely wasted, would rather he be part of a front 3 with Robinson and Davies/Philogene unless we get a big man to pair with Robinson, in which case O'Dowda back into a midfield 4.
    I worry about the flanks and he keeps things steady

We've all just chosen to ignore the mess that was the end of the Wigan game then, where he left his man to get beat on a header and that player scored from two yards out then?

I think it's how crap we've been and how we've gone away from passing it around at the back that makes him look like he's been decent. He was the best out of a terrible bunch that got 5 shipped on them and could have been double that. I'd have him above Simpson, but he's not Championship level IMO.

CN was a regular in his first two seasons at the CCS when we finished 5th and 8th. I noticed early on that his passing wasn’t very good but that he was very nimble, strong, pretty fast and his positioning was ok. Imho he’s our best non-loanee defender, but the best of a bad bunch. Even if he’s third choice behind Kipré and McGuinness he’s not a bad back-up to have.

As for last night we played a Premier League team away, fielded a team missing a lot of first choices, went a goal down (scored by a current Italy international) after 26 seconds, and conceded further goals scored by Spain international and England international players!
    And we still managed to make the scoreline semi-respectable!

I think a lot of the moaners on CCMB need to put this result in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    CN was a regular in his first two seasons at the CCS when we finished 5th and 8th. I noticed early on that his passing wasn’t very good but that he was very nimble, strong, pretty fast and his positioning was ok. Imho he’s our best non-loanee defender, but the best of a bad bunch. Even if he’s third choice behind Kipré and McGuinness he’s not a bad back-up to have.

As for last night we played a Premier League team away, fielded a team missing a lot of first choices, went a goal down (scored by a current Italy international) after 26 seconds, and conceded further goals scored by Spain international and England international players!
    And we still managed to make the scoreline semi-respectable!

I think a lot of the moaners on CCMB need to put this result in perspective.
    I don't share your overall optimism but I agree about Nelson