Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 MILLWALL. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 MILLWALL. Match thread

Saturday 21st January, ko 3:00pm.

Match Officials:

Referee: LEIGH DOUGHTY
    Assistants: Bhupinder Singh Gill and Adam Crysell
    Fourth Official : Benjamin Speedie

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MILLWALL. Match thread

Not got a bloody clue what team we’ll play or what will happen. Feels better saying that at the moment than trying to guess

Huge game but then they all are.

We'll need to stand up physically against them and then who knows.

I'm the same in that I don't know what the team will be. I know it was partly brought about by the cup game but the back four is just a lottery, as with most other areas of the pitch really.

0-3

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Not got a bloody clue what team we’ll play or what will happen. Feels better saying that at the moment than trying to guess
    I guess we will play poorly and lose.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I guess we will play poorly and lose.
    More than likely.

Cant see us doing anything against a physical Millwall. Only plus is McGuinness back to deal with high balls into the box. And perhaps a goal threat the other end.
    Expect a defeat. 0-2

We cant pass through sides we cant go long. So play a high press and try and press the opposition into mistakes in the final third.

We also need to break fast.

Hopefully Maguiness will also make us slightly more of a set piece threat. We need to battle and scrap for every point.

Allsopp Ng Maguiness Kipre O Dowda Ralls Wintle Colwill Davies Robinson Harris.

I see no option other than O Dowda at left back. Harris hasnt the ability of Philogene but id rather him in a battle.

I’d like Ojo to be given a chance, thought he had some nice stuff against Leeds.

Allsopp

Ng
    McGuinness
    Kipre
    O'Dowda

Rino
    Wintle
    Ralls

Davies
    Robinson
    Philogene

1-0 City.

Allsopp

McGuinness Kipre

Ng O'Dowda

Ralls Wintle

Philogene Ojo Robinson

Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I’d like Ojo to be given a chance, thought he had some nice stuff against Leeds.
    Ya, like when he stayed sat on his arse, behind the Leeds goal line, when they broke away and scored their third goal.

Watch the game again, the guy is a f uck ing liability

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ya, like when he stayed sat on his arse, behind the Leeds goal line, when they broke away and scored their third goal.

Watch the game again, the guy is a f uck ing liability
    He is so easily pushed off the ball its embarrassing.
    Not the sort of player you need In a relegation fight.
    And i quite liked him at one point!

They're a good side. They don't score loads but they concede less, so that's us stuffed. Huddersfield have Blackpool on Saturday so there's a very good chance we'll be in the bottom 3 come 5pm.

Whitehead has stated that we will 'throw everything at them', so look out for an attacking side. A front four of O'Dowda, Etete, Robinson and Davies. Wintle and Ralls midfield. Then Ng, Nelson/McGuiness, Kipre, and Bagan. Allsop or Alnwick in goal.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Whitehead has stated that we will 'throw everything at them', so look out for an attacking side. A front four of O'Dowda, Etete, Robinson and Davies. Wintle and Ralls midfield. Then Ng, Nelson/McGuiness, Kipre, and Bagan. Allsop or Alnwick in goal.
    can we throw Tan Choo And Dalman at them?

It's forecast to be 3° at kick-off tomorrow. Low enough for the ever so delicate Ojo and the Colwill-sized skyscraper that is Kipré to prance around wearing their designer gloves again.

The Millwall scrappers must be itching to get into 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's forecast to be 3° at kick-off tomorrow. Low enough for the ever so delicate Ojo and the Colwill-sized skyscraper that is Kipré to prance around wearing their designer gloves again.

My gloves aren't "designer", but I will be wearing them.

Not that we haven’t seen enough of them but a draw would be a good result in this game

• Cardiff have lost their last two league games against Millwall, having gone unbeaten in the eight games previously, although seven of those were draws.
    • Millwall are looking for their first league double over Cardiff since the 1974-75 campaign, having won 2-0 earlier this season.
    • Cardiff City have scored fewer goals than any other Championship team this season (21), only in 2013-14 (19 - Premier League) have the Bluebirds netted fewer at this stage in their league history.
    • Millwall have scored more goals via set pieces than any other side in the Championship (exc. penalties), with the Lions netting 18 times. Indeed, seven of their 12 away goals this season have come via set piece situations.
    • No side has failed to score in more Championship matches this season than Cardiff City (12 - level with Preston).

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

don't forget socks pulled up over the knees or even blue tights.

we will no doubt try hard for a draw...

they will be fired up and press us

One question I will ask, if not this exact type of game for 3 points then which?

We've gone from the Warnock era of praising every Premier League team that rolled into town and rolling over to have our bellies tickled to doing it a league below.

Home games like this are must win now.

We managed 2 points in home games v Blackpool Wigan Hull.

Really needed 9 and a minimum id say of 7 from those.

Huge opportunity for Whitehead to stake a claim for the job

I think we are fecked

A win today would be fantastic but it needs to be followed by another

Might happen today but I have zero belief this side is staying up . Players not good enough and 3 inexperienced nanagers on the bounce

The fans don't deserve relegation but the club do , it's a joke