+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 MILLWALL. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 MILLWALL. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Haven’t seen the goal again (from my angle it looked like an og but apparently not. Allsop at fault for me. It was his ball all day long.
    It wasn't Allsop's take all day.....>Kipre should have just side footed it out of play.....but he allowed a foot to come across him - HIS fault. Having said that ,Allsop should still have saved it as it was not a powerful shot.y

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think Warnock mark 2 is just going to be Warnock.
    Any manager with a sound reputation for discipline, hard work and some contacts in the game

Chris Hughton would do fine

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Again, it all came down to who was the more effective at either end of the pitch. We weren't bad today, and if the ludicrously awfully executed 2 on 1 had given us an equalizer then the game would have been anyone's. But watching an inexpensive squad like Milwall pass the ball quickly to feet when we were struggling throughout the game to get any rhythm at all just shows what a part confidence can play. In 60 years this is the worst City side in front of goal I've witnessed, and there's really only two things that are going to change things. A new manager with fresh ideas who can give the team some confidence, and a couple of good loan signings - to effectively do the same. Dalman talked of having potential targets already lined up ; well he had better get them in now as a matter of urgency.
    When you are worried it's time to worry

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Again, it all came down to who was the more effective at either end of the pitch. We weren't bad today, and if the ludicrously awfully executed 2 on 1 had given us an equalizer then the game would have been anyone's. But watching an inexpensive squad like Milwall pass the ball quickly to feet when we were struggling throughout the game to get any rhythm at all just shows what a part confidence can play. In 60 years this is the worst City side in front of goal I've witnessed, and there's really only two things that are going to change things. A new manager with fresh ideas who can give the team some confidence, and a couple of good loan signings - to effectively do the same. Dalman talked of having potential targets already lined up ; well he had better get them in now as a matter of urgency.
    Yes...we should have been more clinical on the occasions we had numbers up front...it all comes down to confidence and belief....something a good manage CAN instil even in this side.....the last few managers ..and this one...cannot. Not a great fan of Warnock after previous shenanigans but he fits that bill.

Desperately need a leader on the pitch also...someone to bollocks others...we have no-one doing that.

There IS a mid table team here...just need the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Yes...we should have been more clinical on the occasions we had numbers up front...it all comes down to confidence and belief....something a good manage CAN instil even in this side.....the last few managers ..and this one...cannot. Not a great fan of Warnock after previous shenanigans but he fits that bill.

Desperately need a leader on the pitch also...someone to bollocks others...we have no-one doing that.

Mo you are a legend with the ladies

But if you think this set of players is mid table you have been on the 😂 gas

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

But if you think this set of players is mid table you have been on the �� gas
    Yup. I've seen a few people write or say similar. This lot are nowhere near it. A relegation outfit if ever there was one. For quite a few reasons as well.

But if you think this set of players is mid table you have been on the �� gas
    no no no Sludge....my humble judgement of the female variety just shows I have appreciation in other areas(!).
    I really do think we have the basis of a reasonable side....with someone who h can provide motivation and instil confidence.....I say it lightly, but that is ALL it needs.....

There is not a mid table side there.

4th- 6th bottom with 3 -4 additions this week may be a possibility.

This squad goes down.

It wasn't Allsop's take all day.....>Kipre should have just side footed it out of play.....but he allowed a foot to come across him - HIS fault. Having said that ,Allsop should still have saved it as it was not a powerful shot.y
    He could have wellied it out of play but he obviously thought a decent keeper would be onto this and all he needed to do was shepherd the ball into the keeper’s possession. Allsop seems to be the secret cow around here. Let’s face it he is dire.

Kipre has to take most of the blame

Allsopp isnt a good keeper though and should have been claiming it.

Just a huge feck up.

Is Allnwick any better? We wont know unless he gets a run of games. Id axe Allsopp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    He could have wellied it out of play but he obviously thought a decent keeper would be onto this and all he needed to do was shepherd the ball into the keeper’s possession. Allsop seems to be the secret cow around here. Let’s face it he is dire.
    A subsequent post of mine says that despite Kipre's faltering, Allsop should also have stopped that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Kipre has to take most of the blame

Allsopp isnt a good keeper though and should have been claiming it.

Just a huge feck up.

Is Allnwick any better? We wont know unless he gets a run of games. Id axe Allsopp.
    Both of our keepers are bang average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Both of our keepers are bang average at best.
    It's failing to score goals that will send us down

Although that nonsense today didn't help

It's failing to score goals that will send us down

Although that nonsense today didn't help
    It's not just our lack of goals, it also the fact that our defence has more holes than swiss cheese. The fact of the matter is we are a Division 1 team from 1 to eleven, that's why we are deep in a relegation battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    It's not just our lack of goals, it also the fact that our defence has more holes than swiss cheese. The fact of the matter is we are a Division 1 team from 1 to eleven, that's why we are deep in a relegation battle.
    Our defence is mid table according to the stats

Those same stats put us right at the bottom of the league on goals scored

It's miserable

There's 13 teams who have conceded more goals than us. There are no teams that have scored less than us. It is simply our lack of goals that will send us down, nothing else.

A subsequent post of mine says that despite Kipre's faltering, Allsop should also have stopped that.....
    We seem to be blaming Kipre and Allsop for the goal, and although I agree to a large extent, it was Philogene’s dreadful pass to a Millwall player, after making an excellent tackle on the touch line, that lead to the through ball from which Kipre made his error. Philogene is an extremely frustrating player, as he has bags of skill, but he is selfish especially in the opposition penalty box. Ojo also frustrates me, as he again can be quite skilful, but doesn’t work hard enough for a midfielder. Rinomhota also had a very poor game today, and Whitehead should have substituted him or Philogene for Colwill with 15 minutes to go - we had nothing to lose!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    There's 13 teams who have conceded more goals than us. There are no teams that have scored less than us. It is simply our lack of goals that will send us down, nothing else.
    Play maker and a target man who can score a few

Quote Originally Posted by Woosnam View Post
    We seem to be blaming Kipre and Allsop for the goal, and although I agree to a large extent, it was Philogene’s dreadful pass to a Millwall player, after making an excellent tackle on the touch line, that lead to the through ball from which Kipre made his error. Philogene is an extremely frustrating player, as he has bags of skill, but he is selfish especially in the opposition penalty box. Ojo also frustrates me, as he again can be quite skilful, but doesn’t work hard enough for a midfielder. Rinomhota also had a very poor game today, and Whitehead should have substituted him or Philogene for Colwill with 15 minutes to go - we had nothing to lose!
    Rino like ojo and philogene are talented players but simply not committed enough , it's why they are here and we should get rid as ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Woosnam View Post
    All true. Fact is we are just a poor side.

just back, If people cant see positives from that performance then they really need help

a mistake cost us, as a coach, I would have expected my GK to have claimed that 100% of the time, though saying that, Kipre could've put it out for a corner, but had every right to expect Allsopp to make the shout and come and get it

the last 30 mins, we had a fair number of balls played into the box and just needed a big of the rub of the green or a no9 to get amongst them and bundle it in, sometimes in this game a team hits a bad patch, be it they lack luck or lack confidence

We need a striker who will get in that box and on the end of the number of balls that did arrive, but thats been the case all season

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    just back, If people cant see positives from that performance then they really need help

a mistake cost us, as a coach, I would have expected my GK to have claimed that 100% of the time, though saying that, Kipre could've put it out for a corner, but had every right to expect Allsopp to make the shout and come and get it

the last 30 mins, we had a fair number of balls played into the box and just needed a big of the rub of the green or a no9 to get amongst them and bundle it in, sometimes in this game a team hits a bad patch, be it they lack luck or lack confidence

We need a striker who will get in that box and on the end of the number of balls that did arrive, but thats been the case all season
    We didn't really trouble their keeper and that's definitely been the case all season

This side needs 4 or 5 in and a new manager

We are sunk otherwise

There are only 6 teams that have conceded fewer goals in the division and they're all in the top 10. And one them is Millwall.

We didn't really trouble their keeper and that's definitely been the case all season

This side needs 4 or 5 in and a new manager

We are sunk otherwise
    We weren't going to score. The crowd were quiet right to the end, despite our possession and corners and 7 minutes added time, because nobody expected us to score. Their keeper didn't have to make a save. Meanwhile Milwall carved us wide upon on at least 3 occasions and really should have scored more than one goal.