Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Market Mover for New Manager

Big Market Mover for New Manager

Sam Allardyce 2-1

Re: Big Market Mover for New Manager

Scrub that now favourite. Even money.

https://m.skybet.com/football/manage...event/30866181

So Mick wasn't enough of a problem first time round, now we're going for big Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    So Mick wasn't enough of a problem first time round, now we're going for big Sam.
    Don't know why but I think Sam is a step up from Mick, plus it would be our first ex-England manager (I think).

This is all based on a fan seeing him at Stockport station. Cardiff being one of a fair few destinations, Euston being the train after the Cardiff one.

He's on GB news tonight apparently. Assuming it's live he's had a busy day, I'm assuming he just went to London though and the city fan purposefully left out that he didn't get on the same train.

Probably been on twitter and a flurry of bets.

It was a friend of Steve Day who saw him, and Day is now putting it about that Allardyce actually said he was travelling to Cardiff, but was tight lipped as to why. We all know Days form for this kind of thing, wasn't he behind the recent rumour that David Sullivan was selling his share in West Ham and buying us?

Someone matching his description was observed purchasing a pack of chewing gum at a convenience store close to CCS at 13.00.

It sparked an avalanche of wagers at Skybet, perhaps as much as 80 quid was lumped on Allardyce who is currently at even money favourite.

All the betting market has proved over the past six days is that nobody, including the hierarchy at the club perhaps, has a clue who our next manager is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    It was a friend of Steve Day who saw him, and Day is now putting it about that Allardyce actually said he was travelling to Cardiff, but was tight lipped as to why. We all know Days form for this kind of thing, wasn't he behind the recent rumour that David Sullivan was selling his share in West Ham and buying us?
    I would assume that it's total ****ocks

But if true I wouldn't be against it. Football would be crap and sure for the drop but at least it would be an interesting 12 months.

All I've seen is the photo on fb with the caption 'Big Sam on his way to Cardiff '

No indication if its a tongue in cheek comment by the poster, or if Sam actually said he was coming, or if he was coming then for what purpose.
    Sounds like a bit of a fairy tail to me.

Whitehead 16/1. After Saturday youd need 8 more games for a payout.

I dont think they have a clue who to appoint and if he did manage a win Saturday they will probably just let him carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Whitehead 16/1. After Saturday youd need 8 more games for a payout.

I dont think they have a clue who to appoint and if he did manage a win Saturday they will probably just let him carry on.
    Mick has probably rung him up and said - look go there win a few games, the feck wits will give you a two year deal and then intentionally feck it up get sacked go and do some TV work while the feckwits still pay you and then come back a year later winner winner

1/1 now fav, I would take him but doesn’t seem the cheap
    Option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    If that's the source of this thing I'd be 90% sure it's Daya having a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All the betting market has proved over the past six days is that nobody, including the hierarchy at the club perhaps, has a clue who our next manager is going to be.
    Perhaps they're interviewing many potential candidates and taking the time to select the perfect one.

But this is Cardiff City..

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If that's the source of this thing I'd be 90% sure it's Daya having a laugh
    I'd be 101% sure

I’d love Big Sam to come…
    How many other clubs can boast employing a former England boss who had a 100% record managing his country 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Seen some obvious photoshops of him at the vale training ground on twitter.

I think we can forget this one now it's clearly bollocks

Other board saying he is down the Vale today??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Other board saying he is down the Vale today??
    Doing what? Having afternoon tea with his Mrs?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Doing what? Having afternoon tea with his Mrs?
    being somewhere else entirely and someone making a very bad photoshop purporting to be of him there

not sure if photo shopped

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

it's photoshopped

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

100 % photoshopped, you can see the white line under the scarf where its been cut