+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Genuine concern for the first time since Tan’s arrival

Genuine concern for the first time since Tan’s arrival

I’m not in the UK atm and woke up to see that we’d lost to Millwall, and for the very first time since Tan bought the club, I am fearing for us.

Whereas recent cheap and uninspiring managerial appointments have left me indifferent, sitting by seemingly inactive as we stumble from one defeat to another is genuinely concerning. Why hasn’t Tan/the club appointed a new manager yet??!! There are plenty out there and it can’t be down to money anymore as Tan must know that relegation is ultimately far more costly than paying for a decent manager.

Tan may supposedly be stubborn and hard headed but he is a successful business man who must be able to see that this dithering is only going to devalue one of his assets.

And being a businessman he must surely care about a return on his investments (not that buying a football club is ever a wise investments of course….)

It is so frustrating to have to sit by and watch in a completely helpless capacity.

Re: Genuine concern for the first time since Tan’s arrival

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I’m not in the UK atm and woke up to see that we’d lost to Millwall, and for the very first time since Tan bought the club, I am fearing for us.

Whereas recent cheap and uninspiring managerial appointments have left me indifferent, sitting by seemingly inactive as we stumble from one defeat to another is genuinely concerning. Why hasn’t Tan/the club appointed a new manager yet??!! There are plenty out there and it can’t be down to money anymore as Tan must know that relegation is ultimately far more costly than paying for a decent manager.

Tan may supposedly be stubborn and hard headed but he is a successful business man who must be able to see that this dithering is only going to devalue one of his assets.

And being a businessman he must surely care about a return on his investments (not that buying a football club is ever a wise investments of course….)

It is so frustrating to have to sit by and watch in a completely helpless capacity.
    He's a rich businessman. I wouldn't necessarily call him successful. He got most of his money from shady government deals. And he's lost a LOT of it.

I found Dalman saying he wants to give the new guy a chance, very concerning. Maybe less so if he’s a long serving assistant but this is the 2nd internal appointment which hasn’t worked. Surely we could have not signed any number of the players this summer and instead used the money for a manager. I don’t get that they are looking at players and not a manager.

I’d rather go with this squad until the end of the season with a semi decent manager than continue with this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I found Dalman saying he wants to give the new guy a chance, very concerning. Maybe less so if he’s a long serving assistant but this is the 2nd internal appointment which hasn’t worked. Surely we could have not signed any number of the players this summer and instead used the money for a manager. I don’t get that they are looking at players and not a manager.

I’d rather go with this squad until the end of the season with a semi decent manager than continue with this nonsense.
    Absolutely. I think we need a good tactical manager and someone who can put their arms around certain players and get the best out of them. We don't need some disciplinarian or giver of bollockings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Where you to Bobby? Easter Island would be good at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Where you to Bobby? Easter Island would be good at the moment
    Sydney.

The current CCFC-related gloom is seemingly inescapable :-/
    Last edited by Bobby Dandruff; 22-01-23 at 00:02. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

Exactly.

The only priority now is getting in a decent manager quickly.

The rest will follow.

Trying out a 3rd unproven internal candidate is just plain stupid.

😂😂😂 ok can you please provide a concise breakdown of his business history

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    😂😂😂 ok can you please provide a concise breakdown of his business history
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Tan

I think that covers it.

Whatever people like to say, I suspect that he has been considerably more successful in business than anyone who posts on this board. And probably anyone that follows CCFC full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He's a rich businessman. I wouldn't necessarily call him successful. He got most of his money from shady government deals. And he's lost a LOT of it.
    I think we'd all like to hear more about this - please tell us..