+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stewards Wearing Safety Glasses

Stewards Wearing Safety Glasses

The stewards at the front of the Ninian were issued with safety glasses today.
    I wonder what the glasses protected them from and if they were in danger what about the fans who sit down the front, why weren't we issued with them?

Re: Stewards Wearing Safety Glasses

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The stewards at the front of the Ninian were issued with safety glasses today.
    I wonder what the glasses protected them from and if they were in danger what about the fans who sit down the front, why weren't we issued with them?
    Philogene leaves a trailing arm when he loses the ball out wide, a finger to the eye is most uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Philogene leaves a trailing arm when he loses the ball out wide, a finger to the eye is most uncomfortable.
    I wondered if it was something like that. His arms must be long enough to reach the stewards but not quite long enough to reach the front row.
    I've never seen them before though, did I miss a steward losing an eye during the Wigan game?

If you are genuinely concerned you should direct your questions to the club. Did you feel more unsafe than usual after witnessing the stewards wearing protective eyewear?

I wondered if it was something like that. His arms must be long enough to reach the stewards but not quite long enough to reach the front row.
    I've never seen them before though, did I miss a steward losing an eye during the Wigan game?
    Probably a new directive, some fans have been known to spit and throw lighters, coins etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    If you are genuinely concerned you should direct your questions to the club. Did you feel more unsafe than usual after witnessing the stewards wearing protective eyewear?
    Not at all. I'm just curious about it and thought I might get some amusing answers here.

Probably a new directive, some fans have been known to spit and throw lighters, coins etc.
    Not in the front few rows of the Ninian around me. We just sit there getting cold and bored and occasionally abuse the linesman and referee.

Not in the front few rows of the Ninian around me. We just sit there getting cold and bored and occasionally abuse the linesman and referee.
    I suppose the cost of living crisis has put a stop to the coin throwing, and due to performance levels, results and atmosphere there is almost a certainty that most fans would sit 'dry' mouthed. When a football club reduces a fans ability to produce saliva, then it's a good time to jack in

Has to be. Probably more so if a club expects disorder, protest, possible pitch invasions etc.

They are "Augmented Reality" glasses providing a data feed that identifies known troublemakers so they can be observed more closely and identified for ejection for inappropriate behaviour.

I’d imagine it was because last home game there were bottles, lighters and coins thrown at the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I’d imagine it was because last home game there were bottles, lighters and coins thrown at the final whistle.
    Why were things thrown at the whistle ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Cuz it's all the whistle's fault and not Tan's innit.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Or maybe trialling the latest from VT Tec. Soon to be compulsory wear for all fans. Through the looking glasses, all will be resplendent in blue, there will be no worms in sight, Vinny and his team will be sitting proudly and lovingly in the stand, surrounded by current greats of the game begging to sign for us. The team will be playing attractive, attacking football leading to a surfeit of Cardiff goals. Our GK will be regularly banging in screamers from his own area, Bluebirds will be swooping low over the green baize and the sun will always be shining.
    Count me in, I'll ave a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Because we conceded a late goal and general discontent I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Or maybe trialling the latest from VT Tec. Soon to be compulsory wear for all fans. Through the looking glasses, all will be resplendent in blue, there will be no worms in sight, Vinny and his team will be sitting proudly and lovingly in the stand, surrounded by current greats of the game begging to sign for us. The team will be playing attractive, attacking football leading to a surfeit of Cardiff goals. Our GK will be regularly banging in screamers from his own area, Bluebirds will be swooping low over the green baize and the sun will always be shining.
    Count me in, I'll ave a pair.
    Put me down for two haha

Rose tinted glasses. Stops the shit getting in your eyes.