+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing the right way?

Re: Playing the right way?

We should never have moved on the warriors in the team

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We should never have moved on the warriors in the team
    Perhaps younger "modern " managers in tight fitting track suits get a bit intimidated by the warrior types.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Perhaps younger "modern " managers in tight fitting track suits get a bit intimidated by the warrior types.
    Those who know what's best for us
    Will rise up and save us from ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I walk my dogs over Heath Park, every evening. During the spring and summer there's the coaching dads who take the local kids, good on them, it's a commitment, i know, i've done it. I sometimes try and listen in on the way these blokes instruct these kids, and it's like....**** me.... it's straight from the manual, the kids haven't got a clue, they're trying to get them to pass and move when most of them don't even have a touch yet.
    speaking from a grassroots football coach point of view, its a strange gig, get the basics right but start in the right way, get it right straight from the start

unlike when I started, which was 4 ( and a 1/2 ) years ago, the girls team had just finished the 1st season, they were playing up a year ( to accommodate the coaches daughter ) and had never played before ( so playing against girls that were 1 year old and had played upto 3 years football ), they were getting beaten with ease, myself and another dad ( ex semi-pro at Bristol Rovers ) took over at the right age group ( as the old coaches daughter quit )

A few were tidy footballers, some had never kicked the ball before, we had a very good keeper ( still the best in the league ) and we were be happy for her to send the ball long and attack with our quickest players ( 1 who had just joined us after playing for a boys team for 3 years ), we had a very good Defence and a very strong centre Mid, we hide our poorer players on the wing, it worked well and we were a very tough team to beat

as time moved on, we moved onto pass and move, had a season of struggling a little with the transition between the long ball and playing the right way , now we can get the ball from GK to attack with nice little passes and it looks great, we are now back to being hard to beat and it looks bloody great , its been hard work at times, we train twice per week ( which goes against the norm of only once per week, and our club struggles with that at times, but we give up our time, so its on us, they shouldn't moan )

thinking back, it worked well for us, we have 6 of our original 10 players still playing, we worked out last week, we have have 15 girls come and join us and then leave, some stayed for a season, some for a few months, our squad is now 16 players ( 6 original players ) so we have had 31 girls try football, research tells us that its difficult to keep girls between the age of 13 - 16 in sports ( any sports ) so we aint doing too bad

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Lots of supporters buy into it as well. There are plenty of people on here who think that Morison just needed to be given more time.
    And you can prove them wrong?

Lots of supporters buy into it as well. There are plenty of people on here who think that Morison just needed to be given more time.
    It isn't just that Morison should have been given more time, it was that we had no viable alternative lined up.

Morison was a little unlucky because of the number of clear goalscoring chances that were missed (Watters could have scored a hatfull) during the early part of the season. These chances weren't being created under Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    There’s another aspect to playing ‘the right way’. Every throw in goes backwards. Most free kicks go sideways at best. The recent last minute first half corner ended up with our keeper. We could start by playing ‘the right way’ towards their frigging goal.
    This is what pisses me off about football.
    They have a free kick on the halfway line and 15/20 seconds later, the ball is back with their own goalkeeper.

It might suit some, (when they’re winning), but it bores me shitless

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And you can prove them wrong?
    The burden of proof lies with those making the claim.

The burden of proof lies with those making the claim.
    You’re making a claim as well. It’s something that can’t be proved either way.

Get the ball

Put it in their net

Stop them scoring

Everything else really is irrelevant

People are pissed off not because of the style of football we are or are not playing

It's because we are not winning games ff

Goals and points we need not pretentious triangles