+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lamouchi appointed

Re: Lamouchi appointed

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It’ll take them a while, but they’ll come to realise its not a fitness issue - it’s his natural demeanour. All-action he is not.
    Yup, he reminds me of kevin the teenager from Harry Enfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, he reminds me of kevin the teenager from Harry Enfield.
    Thats so unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wales Online saying it is just to the end of the season.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-26084419

Not sure the length of contract means very much - other than to affect the size of the compensation package when the manager is sacked?
    I am sure there is an agreement to roll it n if we stay up. Maybe Lamouchi does not want to continue in division 1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are you suggesting that Morison should have realised that those two forwards who, up until the end of last season had averaged a goal per 11 and 8.7 games respectively in the Championship, might have struggled to score goals? If only this sort of insight had been available to him.

As it is, both players are having fine seasons that won't affect their stats at all. Watters has no goals from 13, Harris is averaging a goal every 9 appearances. If only there was a way Morison could have known this was likely......
    To be fair his hands were virtually tied. Not many regular scoring strikers available for free

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Thats so unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I am sure there is an agreement to roll it n if we stay up. Maybe Lamouchi does not want to continue in division 1 ?
    Having fallen out with his chairman in Qatar and not coaching for 17 months, I'd say the only reason he could be sniffy about managing at that level would be the Qatari money he banked.

His press conference was all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Having fallen out with his chairman in Qatar and not coaching for 17 months, I'd say the only reason he could be sniffy about managing at that level would be the Qatari money he banked.

How was it all over the place ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I'm sure he would be delighted to carry on in Division 1. It's falling into Division 3 that is the killer!

Now that the WOL press conference blog is complete and the video is on the club website, it is clear that Lamouchi expects to get an extended contract in the summer if we stay in the Championship. Long term project (although thankfully he didn't use that word).

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    How was it all over the place ?
    "We need confidence."
    "I’m never confident and don’t want to be confident."
    "Where we are is not our position."
    "This is with confidence. I am not confident. But I know when players play without confidence they are not playing to their level."
    "Only after hard work we will maybe have a positive result."

Bonkers and that's without his constant references to "massive club".

"We need confidence."
    "This is with confidence. I am not confident. But I know when players play without confidence they are not playing to their level."

I didn’t see it that way, perhaps it was more of a language barrier , and overall it was positive.

It was a very decent press conference for goodness sake....what do you expect apart from platitudes? His and Bamba's task now is to instil some CONFIDENCE and BELIEF into the team.....they ARE better than where they are...

A good omen...(?) Appointed on the day of my little one's fourth birthday!!!

Rubbish.

"We need confidence."

I'm sure that he apologises for not having English as a first language

Having just finished watching the full press conference, I thought that he spoke very well. I felt that he was calm and measured and spoke with honesty. Now we need to let the man do his job and support him. Great to see Sol along side him in so much as Sol has a genuine affinity for the club and clearly has good relations with the board. I have no idea if he is a good coach but if Lamouchi wants him then I defer to him. I genuinely feared that VT was looking to avoid appointing a manager until after the transfer window had closed, so I am pleased that we finally have a manager in, and hopefully they may be able to work together in the next days on a surprise late addition to the squad, over and above any deals that were already in the offing. Like most, I knew Lamouchi only by name and have no idea about his qualities, but it is interesting that he appears to be held in such high regard by the Forest fans, and also interesting to note that he did not want to speak about his style of football, rather he will adapt to the players at his disposal. Good luck to both he and Sol.

Is it just me, or is anyone else reading that Wales Online transcript and imagining it's Borat saying it?

Apologies, it's probably just me

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    it is interesting that he appears to be held in such high regard by the Forest fans
    For reference, Forest fans wanted Cooper out the season he took them up
    For further reference, Forest bottled it under Lamouchi - having been in playoff spot all season, choked at the end.

and also interesting to note that he did not want to speak about his style of football, rather he will adapt to the players at his disposal. Good luck to both he and Sol.
    Adapt to the players?

Precisely what style suits the players we had? Got rid of the more physical players, what style has worked this season?

Like you, I wish him and Bamba good luck. I'm just not as confident as you are.

For reference, Forest fans wanted Cooper out the season he took them up
    For further reference, Forest bottled it under Lamouchi - having been in playoff spot all season, choked at the end.

Adapt to the players?

Precisely what style suits the players we had? Got rid of the more physical players, what style has worked this season?

Like you, I wish him and Bamba good luck. I'm just not as confident as you are.
    Logic would indicate that you’ve lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What is love?
    Sabri Lamouchi
    Lamouchi
    J'adore
    I have a lot of time for this

"Adapt to the players?"

Of course he has to adapt to the players he has inherited....he cannot change things overnight. He has to adapt tactics to his perception of player's strengths and weaknesses....that is pretty basic, and LOGICAL.

Happy birthday little one🎉🎉🎉🎉

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Logic would indicate that you’ve lost it.
    Now I know why tigers kill their young

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Happy birthday little one🎉🎉🎉🎉
    merci...he is too clever by half.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In fairness, you don’t need any stats where Watters is concerned. You’ve only got to look at him.
    Very true, whoever scouted him should never work in football again.

I really want him to do well, for both himself and us.

The majority of managers over the last decade have been uninspiring. There is something here that is positively different and I really hope he makes a success of his time at the club.

Definitely a positive appointment.With the embargo lifted, a new manager in place lets hope he can pull things together and get a couple of signings in.

Here’s a story bout Sabri Lamouchi, he was a low down hoochie coochie - he went down to the Grange town and showed us how to kick the ball around....hi di hi di hi di hi.