+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lamouchi appointed

Lamouchi appointed

Just had a notification from the official club app.

Re: Lamouchi appointed

Interesting comment from Tan - "“I’m confident that Sabri will be able to deliver what we know this squad is capable of achieving and I look forward to the games that we have ahead of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Interesting comment from Tan - "“I’m confident that Sabri will be able to deliver what we know this squad is capable of achieving and I look forward to the games that we have ahead of us."
    How is that comment interesting, Eric, old fruit?

Good news, an actual manager being a manager.

I think it’s a good appointment, better than originally thought we would get.

No mention of length of contract?

Just had a notification from the official club app.
    I’m just relieved that we have appointed someone who has done the job before at this level and who isn’t another cheap uninspiring internal ‘promotion’.

I really hope that this works out well for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

WoL say until the end of season.

StT.
    <><

Wales Online saying it is just to the end of the season.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-26084419

Not sure the length of contract means very much - other than to affect the size of the compensation package when the manager is sacked?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Not sure the length of contract means very much - other than to affect the size of the compensation package when the manager is sacked?
    or the compensation we get if he is poached by another club!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Hmmm I read that as interesting too. Could just be a swipe at the previous managers being poor - or more worryingly might suggest that Tan sees the squad as it is is good enough and doesn't need strengthening.

Media conference with Lamouchi and Bamba later today.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...point-lamouchi

No point announcing length of contract - it won't last 😂😂

Because he’s handing over the rains! It’s going to poss down on him.

Positive move as far as I am concerned. Not a “cheap option” so let’s get behind him and the team and see what happens

"We know what this squad is capable of achieving." It wasn't so long ago they were being touted as capable of making the playoffs by Hudson.

The club's owner and hierarchy seem to think the players we have are way better than our league position suggests and I suspect Lamouchi has been told he'll have to work with what he's got with little chance of bringing in anyone new.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I'm convinced Tan has a buyer lined up and will handover in the summer - no evidence no in the know sources just a gut feeling

It would imply that Tan believes the squad to be good enough to achieve things.
    This would suggest very little by way of signings also.

Worrying comment if you ask me.

New manager bounce of 3 games, would that be enough for safety?

I cant believe we wont bring in new players.

Saying that Tans comments echo the views of a lot of our fans.

The club's owner and hierarchy seem to think the players we have are way better than our league position suggests and I suspect Lamouchi has been told he'll have to work with what he's got with little chance of bringing in anyone new.
    I have long suspected that a certain S Morison Esq assured the owner that this squad was capable of much better things, hence his sacking. Before the season began, Mehmet Dalman told that live podcast he did that he believed mid-table consolidation would equate to success this season, but others at the club believed otherwise and he was basically in a minority of one. It was another example of Dalman attempting to distance himself from the owner, but I reckon there was certainly more than a little truth in what he was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Hmmm I read that as interesting too. Could just be a swipe at the previous managers being poor - or more worryingly might suggest that Tan sees the squad as it is is good enough and doesn't need strengthening.
    Should that be the case then you'd think Lamouchi must think the same. Otherwise, why would he come just until the end of the season?

I've not been impressed by the board in recent times but this appointment does make me feel a bit more upbeat about things

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I have long suspected that a certain S Morison Esq assured the owner that this squad was capable of much better things, hence his sacking. Before the season began, Mehmet Dalman told that live podcast he did that he believed mid-table consolidation would equate to success this season, but others at the club believed otherwise and he was basically in a minority of one. It was another example of Dalman attempting to distance himself from the owner, but I reckon there was certainly more than a little truth in what he was saying.
    Move on Dave! Haha

"We know what this squad is capable of achieving." It wasn't so long ago they were being touted as capable of making the playoffs by Hudson.

Wales Online have been confidently claiming for a few days (I know.... but seems this is coming from the club) that three players are expected in before the window closes.

Zero hours contract?

What is love?
    Sabri Lamouchi
    Lamouchi
    J'adore

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    It would imply that Tan believes the squad to be good enough to achieve things.
    This would suggest very little by way of signings also.

Worrying comment if you ask me.
    You must have read the report and missed the bit about three signings lined up to come in already then. Plus, why would the owner, manager or anyone else in their right mind for that matter within the club make a public statement that the players aren't good enough, when it is certain that they will all be watching what is said very closely. Its not rocket science. There has been enough of that crap going on already from certain sections of the fan base.