+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nelson to Blackpool?

Re: Nelson to Blackpool?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why haggle over £100K (which you wouldn’t get) when you can potentially save yourself £350K in wages for a player that might not get another game between now and June?
    He's off to Blackpool. Mick loves centre backs. He'd definitely have paid us that 😁

Hopefully Maguiness and Kipre stay fit otherwise we have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A double whammy in our favour here. We are now more likely to stay up and and Blackpool are much more likely to go down.
    For the very first time I find myself in agreement with you David

Nelson's Blackpool contract only until the end of the season.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...aking-26091561

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Hopefully Maguiness and Kipre stay fit otherwise we have a problem.
    It's alright we've got McGuinness.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Nelson's Blackpool contract only until the end of the season.
    He seems to believe he’s previously worked with McCarthy for 18 months. In fact, it was 9 months. But I guess it felt like a lot longer….

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    With a good partner, he's a decent player, though he can get caught out sometimes. Still, if we can get a few bob for him, fine, but it does seem odd to sell him to a rival.
    With a good partner? Beckenbauer retired long ago, that’s the standard of partner that’d make Nelson look decent.

On 30k a week apparently?? Don't shoot the messenger.
    If correct it's maddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Really? I'm far happier with Ng at the back than Nelson. Nelson is far too error prone and was costing us goals earlier in the season. League 1 player at best.
    Nelson has been an awful lot better than Ng recently. He’s one of a few players to come out of the last 3/4 games with some credit. Ng is massively overrated and Nelson is 10 times the defender Simpson is. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was playing League 2/National League in 2/3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Nelson has been an awful lot better than Ng recently. He’s one of a few players to come out of the last 3/4 games with some credit. Ng is massively overrated and Nelson is 10 times the defender Simpson is. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was playing League 2/National League in 2/3 years
    Obviously that’s just your opinion, for me NG starts at CB alongside Kipre or McGuiness assuming everyone is fit.

Tend to agree. Ng always looks edgy with the ball at his feet, not a good passer of the ball either.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Tend to agree. Ng always looks edgy with the ball at his feet, not a good passer of the ball either.
    Whereas Nelson is fecking Beckenbauer.....

Hopefully NG will play fullback until Romeo returns and then the bench. Dropping Kipre would be madness as for much of the season he's been our best player.

Nelson has been an awful lot better than Ng recently. He’s one of a few players to come out of the last 3/4 games with some credit.
    You've obviously forgotten the start of this season where most of the goals conceded were due to Nelson. He's a liability and one of the worst passers of the ball we've ever had at centre back.

If he was thought to be even semi-decent, why would we let him go to a relegation rival?

Let's see what happens under Lamouchi. We won't miss Nelson at all.

You've obviously forgotten the start of this season where most of the goals conceded were due to Nelson. He's a liability and one of the worst passers of the ball we've ever had at centre back.

If he was thought to be even semi-decent, why would we let him go to a relegation rival?

Phil Brignall

He was far better than him

We wont miss him if Maguiness and Kipre stay fit and play 90 mins.

Unless Denham comes back or we have a replacement lined up then anything happening to those 2 and we could be in big trouble.