+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: LUTON TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm sick of watching most of these players. Toy soldier Wintle, Ng, Harris, ralls, i could go on. They all make my eyes bleed, the offer the square root of f uck all, that's nothing. Sawyers can't run, Simpson is an awful player, I give up.
    And there are people on here who still think that the team would have come good under Morison. His recruitment last summer has absolutely ****ed us. The squad is an abomination.

2023 has been a horror show for the Championship's bottom 4 clubs. Hudson would very likely still be manager but for conceding that incredibly lax last-gasp Wigan equaliser.

Cardiff City - 1 point from 4 games.
    Huddersfield Town - 1 point from 3 games.
    Blackpool - 1 point from 2 games.
    Wigan Athletic - 1 point from 3 games.

Bringing Rubin on was a mistake and will probably be the last we see of him. We were being overrun in midfield and it got worse when he came on. Trying to find something positve from the game is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Nonsense. This team cannot score goals. 21 in 29 league matches is just shocking - the worst record in the club’s entire Football League history.

This is not bad luck. This is just a poor team. It’s no more complicated than that.
    QUITE RIGHT! CCFC are a team facing relegation - fans who say we are unlucky and deserved something from tonight are I am afraid deluded. The players are simply not good enough and other teams now know this. They can play badly and still beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    And there are people on here who still think that the team would have come good under Morison. His recruitment last summer has absolutely ****ed us. The squad is an abomination.
    I agree, and like i said previously, i don't know what the answer is to getting this lot playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Bringing Rubin on was a mistake and will probably be the last we see of him. We were being overrun in midfield and it got worse when he came on. Trying to find something positve from the game is impossible.
    Well we sure as shit weren't going to score without him on the pitch. Midfield was a complete mess. Sawyers at the base, Wintle on the left and Ralls on the right. How are they all out of position? This is the worst Cardiff team I've seen in probably 20 years. Our midfield's a joke, we haven't got a fit left back and we've got nobody that scores or creates. I imagine we'll go long to this Kaba, with Robinson and Ojo either side. Kaba needs to be some player.

It's embarrassing we haven't signed a left back and a midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I agree, and like i said previously, i don't know what the answer is to getting this lot playing.
    I think the only way to negate the lack of creativity is to go really direct and route one, or have a really high line and press constantly. We haven't really got the players to do either though. 442 might work, if we signed a bloody left back.

Also, judging by Lamouchi's comments, you aren't the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    To think... I thought we looked really good against Norwich early on in the season.

No way we'd have gone down under Morison, he had us playing good football. Crazy decision to sack him.
    We fluked that win against Norwich but people bang on as if we played like Barca. We were 18th and just lost to Huddersfield under Morison who assembled this shit squad. We'd be no better off with him.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We fluked that win against Norwich but people bang on as if we played like Barca. We were 18th and just lost to Huddersfield under Morison who assembles this shit squad. We'd be no better off with him.
    We hadn't scored in 5 of his last 7. He was pressing the panic button too, changing formations etc. Anyone would have done, there's zero goals in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It's a shame he was sacked so early so he doesn't get the blame he deserves

It's no wonder he's come nowhere near a job, he's shit and every club knows it.

Manager's remarks - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64356325

Cardiff boss Sabri Lamouchi said:

"We tried to put one plan. We didn't start very, very well, I saw the team losing a lot of simple things - control, passes, duels as well in the beginning, and even at the end.

"I don't know if we deserved even this result because the team (fought) right until the end, but in the small details we were not there.

"I don't want to say we controlled Luton, but we disturbed Luton.

"Unfortunately, offensively we didn't believe we can do better, so step by step, we will try to do it."

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We hadn't scored in 5 of his last 7. He was pressing the panic button too, changing formations etc. Anyone would have done, there's zero goals in the squad.
    Lamouchi's seems to have realised the shitshow he's walked into based on his comments

Best transfer window ever hasn't gone too well has it? To sign 17 players and still play Mark Harris on merit is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It’s good enough to stay up on tonight’s showing.

It was just bad luck
    it's unsinkable , it's just bad luck we hit an iceberg, the white star line probly

Lamouchi's seems to have realised the shitshow he's walked into based on his comments

Best transfer window ever hasn't gone too well has it? To sign 17 players and still play Mark Harris on merit is ridiculous
    I can't believe how bad some of the 17 are. Pack and Vaulks were bad signings but still good enough to be in a playoff team, and play 100 games at this level for us. Daley-Campbell can't even get a bloody loan and he's 22 in April.

Our midfielders are all the same, not very quick, slightly energetic and can't pass water. Sawyers is the exception, where he can't pass now and he can't run either. The wingers don't score, don't take on their man and play it safe time and time again. It's straight out of the Morison handbook. We are shit by design. God, I hate Steve Morison; and Dalman, Tan and Choo for putting him in the position to **** us over in the first place.

At least Morison had the magic touch with Colwill, Davies, Bagan, Sang, Denham etc, where they didn't get a look in and they've all gone backwards at a rate of knots

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Manager's remarks - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64356325

Cardiff boss Sabri Lamouchi said:

"We tried to put one plan. We didn't start very, very well, I saw the team losing a lot of simple things - control, passes, duels as well in the beginning, and even at the end.

"I don't know if we deserved even this result because the team (fought) right until the end, but in the small details we were not there.

"I don't want to say we controlled Luton, but we disturbed Luton.

"Unfortunately, offensively we didn't believe we can do better, so step by step, we will try to do it."
    Sounds as though he realises this is a five year task.

Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Wintle's volley
    He had time to take a touch. Dreadful.

Yeah, it’s pretty bleak. Need a miracle from Lamouchi. It can’t get any worse,

Any free agents about? A big fast powerful striker just been let go by West Brom :coat:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Yeah, it’s pretty bleak. Need a miracle from Lamouchi. It can’t get any worse,

Any free agents about? A big fast powerful striker just been let go by West Brom :coat:
    Already signed for Odense.

I thought up until the goal the defence did very well against a good side. I couldn't say the same for the attack though. With a bit of help Robinson might have achieved something positive but he was hampered by having only Ojo and Harris to play alongside. Sawyers offered nothing in midfield.

As Lamouchi is new to the party I think this may have been Whiteheads team selected for him. I can't see Lamouchi putting the same one out again and I hope O'Dowda is back real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    But in all his time he had Watters and Harris leading the line.
    The board finally paid out money for Robinson and sacked Morison a week later.
    You can try to put a squad together on free transfers but you will not get competent strikers for free

It's a shame he was sacked so early so he doesn't get the blame he deserves

It's no wonder he's come nowhere near a job, he's shit and every club knows it.
    Thank God we finally realised his shortcomings and appointed Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Thank God we finally realised his shortcomings and appointed Hudson
    Replacing him with someone out of their depth doesn't mean Morison was a good manager. Morison was out of his depth as well and panicking

The squad isn't good enough, it's as simple as that. People can delude themselves all they like but we have very few good Championship players. Morison should never have been given such an important transfer window, that's on the board

Replacing him with someone out of their depth doesn't mean Morison was a good manager. Morison was out of his depth as well and panicking

The squad isn't good enough, it's as simple as that. People can delude themselves all they like but we have very few good Championship players. Morison should never have been given such an important transfer window, that's on the board
    What we need to consider is what Morison was able to do with last year's January transfer window. Cardiff lost Moore, their 20+ goals a season striker and Ryan Giles, who at the time had the most assists in the league - and despite that they ended the window with an arguably stronger team. I was one of the fans who was interested in what Morison could do when given a full summer transfer window, but other than the standout few (O'Dowda, Kipre ...) it's difficult to find ROI on the other recruits.

Giving a first time manager carte blanche to build a squad from nothing has got to be the single most thickest thing Tan/Dalman/Choo has done. If they were sackable , they'd have been sacked half a dozen times over the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    But in all his time he had Watters and Harris leading the line.
    The board finally paid out money for Robinson and sacked Morison a week later.
    You can try to put a squad together on free transfers but you will not get competent strikers for free
    We still don’t have a striker, Robinson’s best season is 12 goals. He has double figures twice. He tried to put a squad together and failed miserably. He’s signed 17 players and about 5 are good enough now. Even the ones that are alright are so similar to what we have now. We haven’t got a left back, we haven’t had a centre forward, we have nobody that can pick a pass and we’re painfully slow. Look at what Luton did in the summer on a budget. We have wasted so much wages on crap. We had 6 wingers at one point, 3 right backs, 5 centre mids and 4 strikers. It’s an absolute mess of a squad and is the reason we are in this mess. If we had anywhere near a good side, we wouldn’t be in this mess. By my count, excluding Denham and King, we have 26 first team players.