+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: LUTON TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We still don’t have a striker, Robinson’s best season is 12 goals. He has double figures twice. He tried to put a squad together and failed miserably. He’s signed 17 players and about 5 are good enough now. Even the ones that are alright are so similar to what we have now. We haven’t got a left back, we haven’t had a centre forward, we have nobody that can pick a pass and we’re painfully slow. Look at what Luton did in the summer on a budget. We have wasted so much wages on crap. We had 6 wingers at one point, 3 right backs, 5 centre mids and 4 strikers. It’s an absolute mess of a squad and is the reason we are in this mess. If we had anywhere near a good side, we wouldn’t be in this mess.
    You have to look at the board though surely?

The men that took a man who had not managed one game at Championship level and thought 'he's our man'.
    They then give him a ridiculously low budget to rebuild the squad.

Morison won the lottery. He was always going to snap their hand off when offered it.

The board gambled on doing things on the cheap and it has bitten them on the @rse.

League 1 almost guaranteed. Will be League 2 if we're not careful because I wouldn't put this lot in charge of a school tuck shop.

So all in all its looking positive ?

Teams don't hammer us, they don't need to. Zero threat at one end means they can treat attacking almost like a training session. Defensively we were OK as usual, but Wintle, Ralls and Sawyer were mostly anonymous. I'm glad Colwill came on - at least our manager can now see how totally unsuited for football at this level he is, he touched the ball[ with control] nil times, and looked the lumbering giant he's become. But I don't think any manager can save us with this squad because across the whole team no-one is capable of even forcing the other keeper into a save. it's truly staggering. Ojo's free kick 20ft over the goal and Wintle almost missing the ball completely in front of goal. I'm up there on the optimism chart, but for me we're going down - and staying down..

I think the only way to negate the lack of creativity is to go really direct and route one, or have a really high line and press constantly. We haven't really got the players to do either though. 442 might work, if we signed a bloody left back.

Also, judging by Lamouchi's comments, you aren't the only one.
    We will be more direct under lamouchi, but not route one, from what I've read he progresses the ball through wingers carrying the ball forward on the break - I think we saw glimpses of that last night, and hopefully with a bit more time working with the players it can become a lot more incisive. I think that tactic is probably a good fit for our squad also

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    You have to look at the board though surely?

The men that took a man who had not managed one game at Championship level and thought 'he's our man'.
    They then give him a ridiculously low budget to rebuild the squad.

Morison won the lottery. He was always going to snap their hand off when offered it.

The board gambled on doing things on the cheap and it has bitten them on the @rse.

League 1 almost guaranteed. Will be League 2 if we're not careful because I wouldn't put this lot in charge of a school tuck shop.
    Morison is a clown. He completely wasted the budget we had.

The board are clowns for appointing him in the first place. He never did anything close to remotely deserving the job.

Our budget will still be bigger than Luton’s, and they’re 4th.

Morison is a clown. He completely wasted the budget we had.

The board are clowns for appointing him in the first place. He never did anything close to remotely deserving the job.

Our budget will still be bigger than Luton’s, and they’re 4th.
    Yes, Morison wasn't very good and had very little experience. Why did our board think he was the man? Any idea?

The problem is the board. They picked him.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Yes, Morison wasn't very good and had very little experience. Why did our board think he was the man? Any idea?

The problem is the board. They picked him.
    Dalman sells cars. Tan sells burgers. They can both instruct their staff to sell more or else.

The trouble is that you can't just instruct footballers and managers to be more productive. Imagine all Dalman had to sell was a load of Sludge's rusty old Astras.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Dalman sells cars. Tan sells burgers. They can both instruct their staff to sell more or else.

The trouble is that you can't just instruct footballers and managers to be more productive. Imagine all Dalman had to sell was a load of Sludge's rusty old Astras.
    Very dependable cars

Mine did 170 k until the engine blew at stormy down slipway

Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    To think... I thought we looked really good against Norwich early on in the season.

No way we'd have gone down under Morison, he had us playing good football. Crazy decision to sack him.

This comment is right up there with last years winner claiming haaland will be just like Cornelius

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Teams don't hammer us, they don't need to. Zero threat at one end means they can treat attacking almost like a training session. Defensively we were OK as usual, but Wintle, Ralls and Sawyer were mostly anonymous. I'm glad Colwill came on - at least our manager can now see how totally unsuited for football at this level he is, he touched the ball[ with control] nil times, and looked the lumbering giant he's become. But I don't think any manager can save us with this squad because across the whole team no-one is capable of even forcing the other keeper into a save. it's truly staggering. Ojo's free kick 20ft over the goal and Wintle almost missing the ball completely in front of goal. I'm up there on the optimism chart, but for me we're going down - and staying down..
    A good post. Summarised it really well. I knew Ojo's free kick was going nowhere. But had hope in Wintle when the ball made its way to him. Then it was F--k off!!!
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

it doesn't matter what they sell or how they got their cash...it's how they are as football owners that counts.Needing to surround themselves with good football advice instead of cheap morons or rip off merchants. How Tan made millions is a fecking mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I thought up until the goal the defence did very well against a good side. I couldn't say the same for the attack though. With a bit of help Robinson might have achieved something positive but he was hampered by having only Ojo and Harris to play alongside. Sawyers offered nothing in midfield.

As Lamouchi is new to the party I think this may have been Whiteheads team selected for him. I can't see Lamouchi putting the same one out again and I hope O'Dowda is back real soon.
    Spot on mate. Ojo, Harris, and Sawyers were pretty poor. I thought the others did OK. Wintles miss didn’t look so bad ‘live’ …but replays show it was a shocker, we hit the bar, and the keeper made an excellent save. Hopefully our luck will change, and our new striker comes good !