+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamouchi Press Conference

Re: When Is The Press Conference ?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    If he can't see the need for a competent finisher, then I'm having my doubts already!
    He is hardly going to start by saying that if there is little likelihood of getting anyone of reasonable calibre in between now and Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    If he can't see the need for a competent finisher, then I'm having my doubts already!
    He didn’t say that though did he.

What do you expect him to say ffs

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He didn’t say that though did he.

What do you expect him to say ffs
    Exactly, some people on here are never happy, literally never.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How can he be happy with the squad? He hasn't seen them train or play. I think it's a case of 'Work with what you have' from above.
    How do you know ?

Full transcript of the press conference:

What attracted you to Cardiff?

Timing! I was free. Nothing planned until next June. It’s a massive club with good connections. It’s not a good time. But I’m not sure if you’re in the play-offs you’re going to give me an interview and ask me to come!

I’m here because there’s been bad results and my goal is to change that.

Thoughts on job?

I want to say thanks to the club and the board. It’s a big responsibility. When they called me and when I met Ken (Choo) and spoke with Mehmet, it was a really good discussion. Very quickly we find the way to finalise and work together. I know the situation of the club but I’m here because I know the history of the club.

It’s not an easy challenge but it’s an exciting challenge. Excited to work with the team and the staff. In just three days we have to find the right players for the team, to add to the team for it to be better.

At the same time, we have an away game at Luton. I’m here and really happy to be here and very passionate about working.

Confident you can lead the club away from relegation?

I’m never confident and don’t want to be confident. I don’t want to talk about the club and the past. Where we are is not our position.

Of course, the club, the fans and the players want better. We need to start working all together.

The last victory was in November, we need to change something. My job will be to find as soon as possible, the best team, a new dynamic, more positivity and a new momentum.

This is with confidence. I am not confident. But I know when players play without confidence they are not playing to their level. They should go and give you more than that.

My job is to find the right structure of the team. Step by step we will try and get out of this situation.

Hardest job you’ve taken?

No way. This is my first day!

It is a massive club. I am here because of many reasons, the timing, the connection with the people here and the quality of the squad.

It’s not good enough probably for a lot of people, but it’s enough for me to be in a better position.

The club will work in the last few days of the window to finalise (transfers). I hope after a few weeks I can tell you with a good surprise I found the respect of players and the people around the club.

I am a manager and not a magician. We need confidence. The team needs the fans. We all need to be involved.

The support of our fans is really important.

In this situation, it’s not easy. But I am lucky to be here and we are lucky to do the job. Every training session, do your best. This will be my speech.

How important are transfers before Tuesday?

I’m not looking to new players. I have enough experience to know that in a few days it’s very hard to find the right players. If we find it, it’s because the board will do a great job. I’m just looking at the players at my disposal right now.

Experience with Forest, big insight into what’s expected in Champ?

A few years ago, my first time in the UK was in Nottingham and I discovered this very tough league, now it’s a little bit different.

I have experience and that’s probably why the board has decided to bring me. We need to be strong, together and to try and find the best way to get results.

Sol… why?

This is fate, to be with Sol in Cardiff. I call him after Nottingham Forest. I have known him for many years. He got me in trouble sometimes! But I like the man. And I asked him to work with me in the UK, Europe or all over the world.

For me, and him, we didn’t find or agree a challenge in Europe and this challenge is in Cardiff. For me the best man to come with me to this club is Sol. Because we planned to work together anyway.

Contract length?

It’s a good challenge. The most important is to get out of this bad situation. To think about the future long term. We need to think about the present and today. We will think step by step.

Spoken to owner?

The reputation in football doesn’t work anyway! I haven’t spoken with him. I have met Ken and Mehmet and we have clicked immediately. I don’t think about reputation. It’s a massive club as I’ve said before. It’s a big challenge for me. It’s an exacting challenge for all of us. Let’s start!

What do you make of the squad? How real is relegation threat?

It’s my first press conference, let me see the players, talk with them and see them in training. I know my ideas. I spoke with the board about the situation and about how we can change something about the bad moments and results. It’s just step by step. I’m here and we have a lot of meetings today. It’s a busy day, but I think the next weeks and months will be really important.

What will a Lamouchi team look like?

It’s not really important, my way to play. I need to understand where I am, with whom I am working and adapt myself to the players. I want to focus on one thing, the system, the rigour, the discipline. Only after hard work we will maybe have a positive result.

What attracted you to Cardiff?

Timing! I was free. Nothing planned until next June. It’s a massive club with good connections. It’s not a good time. But I’m not sure if you’re in the play-offs you’re going to give me an interview and ask me to come!

I’m here because there’s been bad results and my goal is to change that.

What is the potential of the club?

That’s why I’m here, because I believe in the potential of the club. I am absolutely excited.

It’s not an easy challenge, but an exciting challenge for all of us.

I am lucky to be here at this massive club. Of course, I will face problems.

We will, step by step, fix some things. Everything? I don’t know. But step by step.

Transfer targets?

It’s difficult for me. I have just arrived. I know the club worked before on that. But we will discuss it.

Three days, the end of the transfer window. I am focused with my squad and the game in Luton.

The club are working for one or two good surprises. I don’t know. If some new players arrive I will be happy, if not, I will be happy as well.

I want to focus on my players and my team and the game on Tuesday

Is there potential in this squad?

Honestly, they have potential, but with more quality it can help the team, especially in this moment.

Just to give them confidence, but we will see what happens. The potential is here.

Forest fans don’t have a bad word to say about you, why?

It’s because I am like I am. I try to do my best with respect for the club and the people who are working with me. The players, the fans, that’s it.

Length of contract… will you extend?

I was not clear before!

Talking with the club it’s easy. I am not here just to save the club. I am here to try to have a future together.

I cannot talk about the future if the job is not done.

Our goal, my goal, is to work together for a long time. But for that, it’s to do a great job right now until the end of the season. And to see Cardiff in the Championship next season, that’s it.

If you do that, you’ll be here next season?

Absolutely!

Re: Lamouchi Press Conference

Speaks well, seems a likeable character. In terms of personality, he's unlikely to split the fans like Morison did. I think he'll have the support of pretty much everyone, in the early stages at least.

He seems cautious in his expectations for the next three games, which is sensible and realistic.

Interesting comments when asked about the owner: "The reputation in football doesn’t work anyway! I haven’t spoken with him. I have met Ken and Mehmet and we have clicked immediately. I don’t think about reputation."

I wonder what reputation he's referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Speaks well, seems a likeable character. In terms of personality, he's unlikely to split the fans like Morison did. I think he'll have the support of pretty much everyone, in the early stages at least.

He seems cautious in his expectations for the next three games, which is sensible and realistic.

Interesting comments when asked about the owner: "The reputation in football doesn’t work anyway! I haven’t spoken with him. I have met Ken and Mehmet and we have clicked immediately. I don’t think about reputation."

I wonder what reputation he's referring to?

The question from Rob Phillips I think and he specifically asked something like has he heard about Tans reputation and is it a concern.

I was looking for a job and then I found a job. And heaven knows I'm miserable now.

"..nothing planned until next June."

Am I right to assume that means whatever happens in the next 5 months - relegation, staying up, etc. - he'll be off somewhere else ? In other words a short-term fix to hopefully keep us up ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    As I don't have sky please keep me informed
    there's some road works on the M16.Could cause some delays
    you are welcome Sludge

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Am I right to assume that means whatever happens in the next 5 months - relegation, staying up, etc. - he'll be off somewhere else ? In other words a short-term fix to hopefully keep us up ?
    EDIT - Just red transcript, please ignore above..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

I guess if we do well stay up, he gets offered the job for next season, we pay him the money, he stays, otherwise, he has something else lined up

It would be good if people read or watched the thing before coming online posting absolute shite.

This is what gets me with these Foreign type managers, i really struggled to understand what he was saying. Not one 'In The Building' or 'On The Grass' and the cheeky little **** isn't even 'Buzzing' Make an effort Sabri! Hopefully, within a month or so, his English will improve and he'll be fluent in 'Modern Manager English' Good lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Sabri im not looking to new players , difficult at this time of the window , if we get new players its because the board have done a great job.
    He sounds like a brown nose already

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This is what gets me witnh these Foreign type managers, i really struggled to understand what he was saying. Not one 'In The Building' or 'On The Grass' and the cheeky little **** isn't even 'Buzzing' Make an effort Sabri! Hopefully, within a month or so, his English will improve and he'll be fluent in 'Modern Manager English' Good lad.
    That's what I thought.

I didn't hear "the Gaffer" say "I'm over the moon" or "I'm as sick as a parrot" once.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    He sounds like a brown nose already
    What else is he meant to say ?

One or two of Rob Phillips questions to a brand new manager were very odd as well.

(I wonder how Rob Phillips would have come across if he was expected to undertake the the press conference in French)

I often wondered what happened to Gareeee from Only Fools And Horses.