It is of course acceptable to have that opinion, and there is plenty of evidence in Tans defence (two promotions to the top flight in 6 years versus none for the previous fifty, record signings, expanding the stadium etc etc).

Personally for me he will always be soured by the rebrand, which I would be content labelling one of the greatest mistakes in sport because it was so unnecessary and really did ruin things for many - I didn't go to CCS at all in the first premier season, despite it genuinely being one of the great wishes of my life only a couple of years before. I've made peace with it now. He made a mistake and rectified it and you move on.

Ultimately he has damaged my relationship with the club forever though. The naive relationship between fan and club, which was probably largely fairytale anyway will never come back. 30 year old me wasnt that different to 10 year old me in my enthusiasm and passion for football. 40 year old me very much is. Some of that is cos I've passed the baton onto my kids, some of it is cos I feel it was taken from me.

I suppose a part of me feels sorry for him for not understanding and for not getting to experience the adulation that he could have had. That's sad in some ways even if he bought it upon himself.

As for Dalman, I struggle to have any strong opinions either way really or in depth knowledge of how decisions are actually made within the club. Doesn't strike me as someone who passionately loves the club I suppose but in fairness he has been here a while now too.

The club felt in terminal decline recently, but whilst it's very early days, Lamouchi has given me some confidence that the ship is being steered at least.