+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it okay to say I like Mehmet & Feel Sorry For Tan.

Is it okay to say I like Mehmet & Feel Sorry For Tan.

Is it okay to say I like Mehmet !!

He comes across as a genuine fella .

Our troubles are financial and we have been hit so hard in recent years, nearly stayed up in the Premier, the incredible Sala affair and its continued effect on us,
    through to Covid and FFP .

FFP in my view doesn't do what it states on the tin, it simply locks the poorest clubs out or into administration , whilst allowing the richer and more influential to grow the gap between the have and have nots.

We are not competing on a level playing field where countries can now own a club and create a false financial security.. where we have a single man in Vincent Tan who is a small fish in a big rich pond.

If folk want to protest or have a footy rage I suggest they take it to the very top of football not Tan , as football as at its core utter hypocrisy on so many issues from Racism , societys poverty , fans wealth fare, through to its contempt of the small clubs on all things financial ..

People's sport be buggered , jumpers for goalpost , gone for ever ..

Re: Is it okay to say I like Mehmet & Feel Sorry For Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Our troubles are financial and we have been hit so hard in recent years, nearly stayed up in the Premier, the incredible Sala affair and its continued effect on us,

FFP in my view doesn't do what it states on the tin, it simply locks the poorest clubs out or into administration , whilst allowing the richer and more influential to grow the gap between the have and have nots.

We are not competing on a level playing field where countries can now own a club and create a false financial security.. where we have a single man in Vincent Tan who is a small fish in a big rich pond.

If folk want to protest or have a footy rage I suggest they take it to the very top of football not Tan , as football as at its core utter hypocrisy on so many issues from Racism , societys poverty , fans wealth fare, through to its contempt of the small clubs on all things financial ..

No.

Get out.

Of course you can. If we all thought the same thing it would be a boring old world.

He comes across as a genuine fella.
    Will you transfer me £40,000?

I promise I'll return it on Monday as I am due to inherit £2,000,000 from my aunt. I paid the cheque into the bank yesterday and it'll clear Monday.

Thanks in advance.

Up the Bluebirds.

God speed Mehmet.

I agree with you and could not care less whether others think that it’s ok. He’s a dignified man and makes his position clear enough. He’s an easy target and hate figure for many Cardiff fans. None of them are successful millionaire businessman to my knowledge.

Yeah, I tend to agree. However, in my limited experience of boards / leadership teams, after so much turmoil and trauma I'd think the board may well be worn out and stale. If that's the case, then I think changing some board members may benefit CCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    I agree with you and could not care less whether others think that it’s ok. He’s a dignified man and makes his position clear enough. He’s an easy target and hate figure for many Cardiff fans. None of them are successful millionaire businessman to my knowledge.
    I tend to be envious of more admirable qualities like wisdom, knowledge, artistic and athletic abilities, people with principles....things like that.

I tend to regard those that measure their success by the number of zeros they have on their bank-statement as shallow. I don't admire people who are shallow.

As for Mahmet Dalman. I don't find him in the least bit relatable. I don't think he is qualified to hold the position he does within the club. I don't think he feels any affinity to the city or the area. The same goes for Vincent Tan.

I find it odd that anyone on this board should feel such warmth towards people like that. Nevertheless, I don't hate Dalman and Tan .They are far too inconsequential for that. I just think they are the wrong type of people to be running a football club.

What make you chuckle is the fact its a sport that attracts dubious behaviour, businessman with agenda's, guess what we're not alone .

The Tan era has been nothing but exciting, we've enjoyed ups and downs , some great moments, more than a lot of other clubs .

How do you have the first clue about whether Mehmet Dalman has wisdom, knowledge, artistry and athletic ability? You don’t of course. It just suits a narrative. You also have no idea about whether he is shallow or measures his success with wealth. You only see him through the same lens as I and that is on front of the media on matters of CCFC. You are predisposed to hating him on baseless grounds. I tend to admire people who are reasonable. Not those who think that they have a “divine wright” to appear virtuous !

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I tend to be envious of more admirable qualities like wisdom, knowledge, artistic and athletic abilities, people with principles....things like that.

I tend to regard those that measure their success by the number of zeros they have on their bank-statement as shallow. I don't admire people who are shallow.

As for Mahmet Dalman. I don't find him in the least bit relatable. I don't think he is qualified to hold the position he does within the club. I don't think he feels any affinity to the city or the area. The same goes for Vincent Tan.

I find it odd that anyone on this board should feel such warmth towards people like that. Nevertheless, I don't hate Dalman and Tan .They are far too inconsequential for that. I just think they are the wrong type of people to be running a football club.
    That is a great post!

I don’t mind him either, he seems to the point. I think it’s the lack of structure at the club that is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That is a great post!
    Yes agree, one of the more sensible posts on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

More thinly veiled insults. Tan has owned the club for over ten years and been involved for about 12 years. Dalman and Choo have been running the club for about the same period. I would hesitate a guess that they all know a damn sight more about running a Championship football club now than you, me and all the other people on this board put together. They are one of the most experienced groups of people running a club in this division. At what point would you think that an owner and his team become experienced enough to become knowledgable and qualified under your rigorous selection criteria ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    More thinly veiled insults. Tan has owned the club for over ten years and been involved for about 12 years. Dalman and Choo have been running the club for about the same period. I would hesitate a guess that they all know a damn sight more about running a Championship football club now than you, me and all the other people on this board put together. They are one of the most experienced groups of people running a club in this division. At what point would you think that an owner and his team become experienced enough to become knowledgable and qualified under your rigorous selection criteria ?
    Well if they do have the experience you say then they are slow learners

Managerial appointment after managerial appointment lay in ruins with a catalogue of contracts paid off for managers and players alike

Court cases stacking up quicker than fixed penalty notices for tory mps

Dalman a man who admitted we didn't have a plan, who didn't think Morrison should have been given the job and then he was appointed, stated he didn't know a lot about Hudson and today stated he felt the discontent of the fans was over stated - for feck sake listen to the mood music

Tan - a man who in deluded moments in October predicted we were pushing for the prem - in fairness he may have meant the Cymru premiership

Tan - a man who has employed more solicitors than Prince Andrew and is in an equal place of defending the indefensible in relation to the sala case - no sweat though

I admire your staunch defence of all things governance of our club but we are a shit show and have been for a while now and it is now manifesting itself on the pitch

Wherever we are next season I will be there but please don't try and justify the behaviour of our current owners and board as they oversee our demise

What’s become apparent (as per Dalman in his interview) is that Vincent Tan is the one making the decisions, so Dalman and Choo aren’t actually in the position of running the club in the more conventional way.
    That said, between them, they are guilty of a lack of (or poor) engagement with the supporters, including that silly spat with the Trust last year and Dalman either ducks questions like a politician or is very unsubtle in laying the blame at the feet of others.
    The club may have made a managerial appointment that looks sensible, but this is not enough to answer their critics for not appearing to have a plan and Dalman and Choo should be challenging Vincent Tan to allow this to be published - if it really exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Yes agree, one of the more sensible posts on the subject.
    Certainly the most sensible in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Tan, Dalman and Choo are living proof that experience can be an over valued “virtue” when it means that someone has been getting things wrong for longer,. I’m one of many who have welcomed the appointment of Lamoucji, but I think a lot of the positivity springs from a feeling that their choice of manager does not seem as bad as it normally is

We have had some good success under him but it's usually followed by a lot of mistakes.

The rebrand was a disaster.

His reluctance to re-arrange the structure of the club, bring in more football knowledge and contacts has been the biggest mistake.

For the initial outlay he could have saved himself a fortune in £ and aggro over the years.

Dalman didn't look interested yesterday in that press interview, he looked like a guy that didn't really want to be there just going through the motions, maybe he was tired after a long night of dealing with transfers who knows, but he certainly lacked energy.

It is of course acceptable to have that opinion, and there is plenty of evidence in Tans defence (two promotions to the top flight in 6 years versus none for the previous fifty, record signings, expanding the stadium etc etc).

Personally for me he will always be soured by the rebrand, which I would be content labelling one of the greatest mistakes in sport because it was so unnecessary and really did ruin things for many - I didn't go to CCS at all in the first premier season, despite it genuinely being one of the great wishes of my life only a couple of years before. I've made peace with it now. He made a mistake and rectified it and you move on.

Ultimately he has damaged my relationship with the club forever though. The naive relationship between fan and club, which was probably largely fairytale anyway will never come back. 30 year old me wasnt that different to 10 year old me in my enthusiasm and passion for football. 40 year old me very much is. Some of that is cos I've passed the baton onto my kids, some of it is cos I feel it was taken from me.

I suppose a part of me feels sorry for him for not understanding and for not getting to experience the adulation that he could have had. That's sad in some ways even if he bought it upon himself.

As for Dalman, I struggle to have any strong opinions either way really or in depth knowledge of how decisions are actually made within the club. Doesn't strike me as someone who passionately loves the club I suppose but in fairness he has been here a while now too.

The club felt in terminal decline recently, but whilst it's very early days, Lamouchi has given me some confidence that the ship is being steered at least.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It is of course acceptable to have that opinion, and there is plenty of evidence in Tans defence (two promotions to the top flight in 6 years versus none for the previous fifty, record signings, expanding the stadium etc etc).

Personally for me he will always be soured by the rebrand, which I would be content labelling one of the greatest mistakes in sport because it was so unnecessary and really did ruin things for many - I didn't go to CCS at all in the first premier season, despite it genuinely being one of the great wishes of my life only a couple of years before. I've made peace with it now. He made a mistake and rectified it and you move on.

Ultimately he has damaged my relationship with the club forever though. The naive relationship between fan and club, which was probably largely fairytale anyway will never come back. 30 year old me wasnt that different to 10 year old me in my enthusiasm and passion for football. 40 year old me very much is. Some of that is cos I've passed the baton onto my kids, some of it is cos I feel it was taken from me.

I suppose a part of me feels sorry for him for not understanding and for not getting to experience the adulation that he could have had. That's sad in some ways even if he bought it upon himself.

As for Dalman, I struggle to have any strong opinions either way really or in depth knowledge of how decisions are actually made within the club. Doesn't strike me as someone who passionately loves the club I suppose but in fairness he has been here a while now too.

The club felt in terminal decline recently, but whilst it's very early days, Lamouchi has given me some confidence that the ship is being steered at least.
    I can empathise with a lot of that sentiment

Stick to the football and not politics you rabid, drooling, right wing twaat

*insert joke*

It’s not that long ago that Dalman was linked with a bid for Charlton Athletic. They’ve had their fair share of ownership issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Will you transfer me £40,000?

I promise I'll return it on Monday as I am due to inherit £2,000,000 from my aunt. I paid the cheque into the bank yesterday and it'll clear Monday.

Thanks in advance.

Up the Bluebirds.

God speed Mehmet.
    And if something happens before then you can use the 40,000 to insure her on Tuesday

No, it's not wrong. You can say what you like and you're entitled to your opinion. Just like everybody else. However, I find little sympathy for either of them. This is not a well-run club. Tan is the boss, he can do whatever he wants, but he just keeps ****ing up. Dalman is just collecting a pay check. For what?

Mehmet seems an affable guy but it's pretty obvious that those on the top table are in the wrong business, the Sala case and the insurance matter being both tragic and farcical.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinblue View Post
    Yeah, I tend to agree. However, in my limited experience of boards / leadership teams, after so much turmoil and trauma I'd think the board may well be worn out and stale. If that's the case, then I think changing some board members may benefit CCFC.
    Yes like any organisation you can become stale and stuck in a rut .. fresh young ideas , direction , risk and change is the substance of a well run business ..

Trouble with football risk can fail and fans become very unforgiving and usually force upon the club panic decisions.. and measures that negate progress.