+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flint replaces McGuinness

Flint replaces McGuinness

Aden Flint has left Stoke City and gone on loan to Sheffield Wednesday for the rest of the season. He made just 9 appearances for Stoke and hasn’t played at all since a 4-0 defeat to Watford in the first week of October.

Re: Flint replaces McGuinness

We should have kept Flint for his experience .. Good leader, had a wonderful desire to win ..

Good band as well , when im dead and gone

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We should have kept Flint for his experience .. Good leader, had a wonderful desire to win ..

Good band as well .
    god no

Both in the Blues Band at one time.

Not for me. I wouldn’t play him ahead of Kipre, NG or McGuiness. Better option than Simpson but he’s probably on a big wage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Aden Flint has left Stoke City and gone on loan to Sheffield Wednesday for the rest of the season. He made just 9 appearances for Stoke and hasn’t played at all since a 4-0 defeat to Watford in the first week of October.
    Surely not. Sludge reckons he's a leader and we've missed him this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He's not wrong he is a leader and we don't have one

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Thing is Rubin Colwill has not featured much even though at times he's been available

Do you think he's crap ?

My stomach turned when I first saw the title of this post.

Missed out on bringing him back. He could have still finished our top scorer.

Flint is not a leader. Where do people get that impression from? Even Morrison's leadership was flawed. They scored few goals. But they both had defensive problems. And don't forget, defending was their job.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Flint is not a leader. Where do people get that impression from? Even Morrison's leadership was flawed. They scored few goals. But they both had defensive problems. And don't forget, defending was their job.
    Flint is big. Flint is aggressive. For some people, that automatically means he’s a leader.

That’s how stupid some people are.

I like Aden Flint. I admire the fact that he’s made a really good career for himself despite an obvious lack of outright ability. He started way down the football ladder and got to where he did through hard work, which is to be applauded.

However, it was clear last season that his time was up at this level, and so it has proved. He’s now in League One, and that’s where he probably should have started the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Flint is big. Flint is aggressive. For some people, that automatically means he’s a leader.

That’s how stupid some people are.

I like Aden Flint. I admire the fact that he’s made a really good career for himself despite an obvious lack of outright ability. He started way down the football ladder and got to where he did through hard work, which is to be applauded.

However, it was clear last season that his time was up at this level, and so it has proved. He’s now in League One, and that’s where he probably should have started the season.
    Can't argue with any of that.