+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What happens when a player leaves by "mutual consent"?

What happens when a player leaves by "mutual consent"?

I presume they get a fair share of their contract paid up? These are just some of the players that have left by mutual consent in the last eight years, I'm sure there are more.

Burgstaller
    Cala
    Berget
    Tomlin
    Madine
    Eikrem
    Kim-bo Kyung
    Macheda
    Digcakoi
    Peltier

Re: What happens when a player leaves by "mutual consent"?

I would say it depends on the situation and the player. If they have a few years left on their contract they are most likely paid up or partly paid up.

Someone like Nelson and like Peltier it could just be they have an offer somewhere else. We won’t know though, I assume but guessing that Nelson had the chance to sign a longer contract at Blackpool so they agreed to terminate, can’t see any logic in the club paying him up in that situation. We free up wages and Nelson gets a longer contract elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I would say it depends on the situation and the player. If they have a few years left on their contract they are most likely paid up or partly paid up.

Someone like Nelson and like Peltier it could just be they have an offer somewhere else. We won’t know though, I assume but guessing that Nelson had the chance to sign a longer contract at Blackpool so they agreed to terminate, can’t see any logic in the club paying him up in that situation. We free up wages and Nelson gets a longer contract elsewhere.
    Maybe Cardiff will pay the difference of his new contract and his current one for the 6 months left, maybe he took a cut to get a longer term one now.

Every contract is different though

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Maybe Cardiff will pay the difference of his new contract and his current one for the 6 months left, maybe he took a cut to get a longer term one now.

Every contract is different though
    Yeah maybe.

I guess it depends how much Nelson wanted the move or how much City wanted to move him on.

The way it works on Football Manager (which is pretty accurate with most things) is that the club pays 50% of the players remaining contract.

If the Player is not in the clubs plans, the player gets a offer, they often just terminate the contract for the player to leave and get a contract elsewhere

It's a bit like when a girl breaks up with you by saying 'It's not you, it's me' and you say 'ok' then you both walk off in opposite directions.

They agree after an argument