+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sol Bamba comments from the press conference

Sol Bamba comments from the press conference

Pleased to be back?

I am very excited obviously. All of you guys know how much this club means to me and my family. To be back with the gaffer was written in the stars.

Now we will have to get down to work and move this club back to where it belongs. We will do it step by step.

It’s a good squad, but the table never lies. All we can guarantee you is hard work, commitment and we will do everything to get the club back to where it belongs.

What does Sabri bring?

First of all I have to say how much I appreciate him as a person. The most important thing at a club is the human being behind it. The first time I met him 11 years ago, we clicked. He is aware tactically and technically. That is what this club needs at the minute.

Managing players, managing with the board as well. The connection between the club, board and fans is important.

The fans have to be on board. At the minute, let’s be honest, there is a distance between the club, fans and the board and hopefully we can do that.

How much does it hurt you to see results over the last two years?

It wasn’t nice to see. But I like to think clubs go through periods all the time. It’s all about timing. When I came here it wasn’t the best time. It’s about changing it all together. It’s the right time for the gaffer to come in. He is a leader. That is what the squad is lacking at the minute. Lack of confidence as well.

The key is winning games. We speak about style of play or tactics, but it’s about winning games.

How do you get passion and hope among fans?

It’s all about how you show it on the pitch. If you are 100% committed then fans respond to it. If teams come here it is easy. We need to make sure it’s going to be a fortress. We need to bring that back.

The minimum we can do is give 100% and commitment.

The healing process between club and fans - what about inside the dressing room, making it a family?

Every club I’ve played for and had success, the dressing room is massive. The gaffer is good on that.

When we were at the national team, we qualified for the World Cup, a few AFCONS, he is good at bringing people together. That’s what we need in here.

I believe in them massively. We are there for each other. That’s what we will try to create and the results will follow.

Social media reaction positive - must be great for you…

That’s because of him (Sabri)! They are just happy to see the gaffer here. I am just here to help.

We all know I love the club. The people.

You all know what I’ve been through, Mehmet was there, Ken was there, Vincent was there as well and I can’t thank them enough for that.

For them to give me the chance to be here, it’s massive. I can only thank all of them.

To be back here to start my coaching journey at Cardiff, I couldn’t think of it being any better.

Re: Sol Bamba comments from the press conference

Is he married to a Welsh lass ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No.
    Thanks

I have just had a Google and to be honest I couldn't care less Where's she's from , hes a very lucky chap

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5387473]Thanks

I have just had a Google and to be honest I couldn't care less Where's she's from , hes a very lucky

Blaencwm lass

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    WTF is a Lass?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    WTF is a Lass?

It's a woman round here

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    WTF is a Lass?