+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sabri Lamouchi - why on earth was he appointed?!

Sabri Lamouchi - why on earth was he appointed?!

From reading Wales Online and some other places, he's a temporary manager. Dalman says he had 30 applicants for the job. Unless I'm missing something bleedin' obvious then the best (or most affordable best) amongst them is only worthy of a 15-week contract!

Hell, the club must have had more faith in Hudson because he was given a longer deal.

Why not give Lamouchi a three-year contract or longer that's loaded with clauses such as: you'll be sacked this May if we're relegated but with an X amount golden handshake for your efforts and, maybe, should relegation be avoided a top ten league position will be a minimum requirement on December 1, 2023 otherwise you will be gone with a pay off, etc, etc. At least by doing it in that confidential way the club would convey far more public confidence in his abilities.

I suppose because Lamouchi being out of the game for approaching 18 months his former standing/worth/profile has diminished considerably and he became desperate enough to be subjected to Vinnie's whims for little reward.

At face value he's running a real risk of having a relegation on his CV for the sake of 15 weeks of employment.

From a couple of his interviews I've seen, he came across as very uninspiring. I'm sure there must be some dog turds on pavements with more charisma than what he possesses.

Finally, that 'Allo 'Allo accent he has is too annoying. I was half expecting René from the coffee shop to appear furtively behind him with a portrait of the fallen Madonna with the big boobies tucked up his jumper.

Re: Sabri Lamouchi - why on earth was he appointed?!

Warnock, Harris, McCarthy and Morison were all given long contracts and we spent a shedload paying them off.

Make him prove to us he’s worthy of a contract first instead of handing it out willy nilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

From a couple of his interviews I've seen, he came across as very uninspiring. I'm sure there must be some dog turds on pavements with more charisma than what he possesses.
    I feel the same about some of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Warnock, Harris, McCarthy and Morison were all given long contracts and we spent a shedload paying them off.

Make him prove to us he’s worthy of a contract first instead of handing it out willy nilly.
    You don't know that, you are presuming it. Contracts they signed were secret agreements between the parties.

McCarthy was originally a short term contract wasn't he?

Surely Lamouchi is a more inspiring hire than McCarthy, Harris (doh) and Morison, don’t you think?

At least a BIT more exciting anyway.

Joking aside I think he seems a very switched on guy

You don't know that, you are presuming it. Contracts they signed were secret agreements between the parties.
    Harris was sacked in January. McCarthy in October.
    Morison in September.

Even if their contracts were only to the end of that season we still would’ve forked out a lot of cash.

What happens if we’d offered an 18 month contract and we barely survive this season? Do we sack Sabri with a year left and give him a hefty payout or spend money backing him and hope we improve enough to not need to sack him halfway through the season anyway.

It’s a sensible move by the club.

Harris was sacked in January. McCarthy in October.
    Morison in September.

Even if their contracts were only to the end of that season we still would’ve forked out a lot of cash.

What happens if we’d offered an 18 month contract and we barely survive this season? Do we sack Sabri with a year left and give him a hefty payout or spend money backing him and hope we improve enough to not need to sack him halfway through the season anyway.

It’s a sensible move by the club.
    Your opinion is valid of course. However, as stated in the first paragraph of my initial post, he was seemingly the best of the 30 applicants and yet the club's belief in him amounts to 15 weeks worth.

This is an attempted wind up.

Bloody internet and it's silly bugger users.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

How would you characterise giving the pick a contract until May 8th?

For me it doesn't carry much conviction in their choice. It also indicates the calibre of other applicants was dire.

From reading Wales Online and some other places, he's a temporary manager. Dalman says he had 30 applicants for the job. Unless I'm missing something bleedin' obvious then the best (or most affordable best) amongst them is only worthy of a 15-week contract!

Hell, the club must have had more faith in Hudson because he was given a longer deal.

Why not give Lamouchi a three-year contract or longer that's loaded with clauses such as: you'll be sacked this May if we're relegated but with an X amount golden handshake for your efforts and, maybe, should relegation be avoided a top ten league position will be a minimum requirement on December 1, 2023 otherwise you will be gone with a pay off, etc, etc. At least by doing it in that confidential way the club would convey far more public confidence in his abilities.

I suppose because Lamouchi being out of the game for approaching 18 months his former standing/worth/profile has diminished considerably and he became desperate enough to be subjected to Vinnie's whims for little reward.

At face value he's running a real risk of having a relegation on his CV for the sake of 15 weeks of employment.

Finally, that 'Allo 'Allo accent he has is too annoying. I was half expecting René from the coffee shop to appear furtively behind him with a portrait of the fallen Madonna with the big boobies tucked up his jumper.
    Have a little lie down. Maybe all of the applicants were told the same thing.

Get us safe and sound and then we’ll see.

How would you characterise giving the pick a contract until May 8th?

For me it doesn't carry much conviction in their choice. It also indicates the calibre of other applicants was dire.
    Have you been on the turps again?

Given our circumstances, please explain why you think any manager brought in would be worthy of a long term contract.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

I tend to agree with your first sentence. I’m not sure either party would want Lamouchi to be in charge of a Cardiff City in League One next season, so a short term deal with the possibility of extending it if we’re in the Championship in 23/24 makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I tend to agree with your first sentence. I’m not sure either party would want Lamouchi to be in charge of a Cardiff City in League One next season, so a short term deal with the possibility of extending it if we’re in the Championship in 23/24 makes sense to me.
    Warnock or Pulis [or Ron Atkinson if he's still alive] would have been amongst the obvious choices for a short-term tenure if the sole objective is to avoid relegation. Warnock I believe would have wanted a king's ransom, Pulis rather less but still costly. I wouldn't blame them either with the wealth Vin reputedly has.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Have you been on the turps again?

Given our circumstances, please explain why you think any manager brought in would be worthy of a long term contract.
    Perhaps you missed it or, more likely, failed to comprehend what I outlined in an earlier message describing how to appoint a longer term manager by having in-built provisions which would enable the club to shoe him without having to pay the remainder of his contract in full.

I don't know but assume they all contain a non-disclosure agreement, and so for public consumption they could proclaim he's the man with vision (blah, blah) who will transform the club while knowing he can be elbowed relatively cheaply if and when he fails to meet performance-based targets.

Lamouchi doesn't strike me as a shouty, finger-pointing type given to hurling teacups around the dressing room. I suspect Sol Bamba could be, and I think he may have an opportunity to do so as I reckon trigger happy Vinnie will reach for a button marked Eject Lamouchi should he fail to deliver at least one win in the proceeding five games.

He was appointed to keep us in the league, there’s a possibility this may not happen so a short term deal seems to suit all parties.

The reality is that none of us know the details of the contract and everything here is totally speculation.

He could equally have contract extension caveats based on his performance by the end of the season.

Is the OP a Daily Fail journalist in disguise? Writing copy to get the crayon munchers to froth at the gums and hammer out their one finger typed responses?
    No manager worth their salt would sign a contract with so many clauses for a club on the brink of relegation. And don’t get me started on the casual racism about the new manager’s accent….

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The reality is that none of us know the details of the contract and everything here is totally speculation.

He could equally have contract extension caveats based on his performance by the end of the season.
    that first paragraph is not quite true a few posters here help write them up

Your opinion is valid of course. However, as stated in the first paragraph of my initial post, he was seemingly the best of the 30 applicants and yet the club's belief in him amounts to 15 weeks worth.
    Yes but I'm told 20 of those were Dai hunt using different names. Apparently only rumbled on his 3rd interview when the board became suspicious of Hunter David's faltering American accent and civil war style moustache.

They spent the next 8 days filtering out Dai's aliases until an anonymous tip off let it be known of Mr Lamouchi's availability until June.

Warnock or Pulis [or Ron Atkinson if he's still alive] would have been amongst the obvious choices for a short-term tenure if the sole objective is to avoid relegation. Warnock I believe would have wanted a king's ransom, Pulis rather less but still costly. I wouldn't blame them either with the wealth Vin reputedly has.
    Big Ron is still alive, but in his 80s, so probably didn't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    He was appointed to keep us in the league, there’s a possibility this may not happen so a short term deal seems to suit all parties.
    So has all of the club's energy over the past 10 days gone into interviewing and appointing a short-term/long-term manager, as opposed to bringing in the the 2,3, or 4 players that are more likely to keep us up ? Because whilst I can imagine the new manager will instill some short-term confidence in the squad, he isn't going to re-arrange the deckchairs so-to-speak to much effect with the players currently at his disposal.

Perhaps you missed it or, more likely, failed to comprehend what I outlined in an earlier message describing how to appoint a longer term manager by having in-built provisions which would enable the club to shoe him without having to pay the remainder of his contract in full.

I don't know but assume they all contain a non-disclosure agreement, and so for public consumption they could proclaim he's the man with vision (blah, blah) who will transform the club while knowing he can be elbowed relatively cheaply if and when he fails to meet performance-based targets.

Lamouchi doesn't strike me as a shouty, finger-pointing type given to hurling teacups around the dressing room. I suspect Sol Bamba could be, and I think he may have an opportunity to do so as I reckon trigger happy Vinnie will reach for a button marked Eject Lamouchi should he fail to deliver at least one win in the proceeding five games.
    Funny how you think that a shouty, finger pointing, teacup hurling manager is what we need.....

[QUOTE=Organ Morgan.;5387559From a couple of his interviews I've seen, he came across as very uninspiring. I'm sure there must be some dog turds on pavements with more charisma than what he possesses.
    [/QUOTE]

Surely a tad disrespectful......