From reading Wales Online and some other places, he's a temporary manager. Dalman says he had 30 applicants for the job. Unless I'm missing something bleedin' obvious then the best (or most affordable best) amongst them is only worthy of a 15-week contract!

Hell, the club must have had more faith in Hudson because he was given a longer deal.

Why not give Lamouchi a three-year contract or longer that's loaded with clauses such as: you'll be sacked this May if we're relegated but with an X amount golden handshake for your efforts and, maybe, should relegation be avoided a top ten league position will be a minimum requirement on December 1, 2023 otherwise you will be gone with a pay off, etc, etc. At least by doing it in that confidential way the club would convey far more public confidence in his abilities.

I suppose because Lamouchi being out of the game for approaching 18 months his former standing/worth/profile has diminished considerably and he became desperate enough to be subjected to Vinnie's whims for little reward.

At face value he's running a real risk of having a relegation on his CV for the sake of 15 weeks of employment.

From a couple of his interviews I've seen, he came across as very uninspiring. I'm sure there must be some dog turds on pavements with more charisma than what he possesses.

Finally, that 'Allo 'Allo accent he has is too annoying. I was half expecting René from the coffee shop to appear furtively behind him with a portrait of the fallen Madonna with the big boobies tucked up his jumper.