+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer deadline day Tuesday 11pm...rumours

Transfer deadline day Tuesday 11pm...rumours

City rumours include Lyle Taylor (Forest) connor Wickham(unattached).
    Not exactly jumping with joy but may be a bit better than what we've got.

Re: Transfer deadline day Tuesday 11pm...rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Source or no play

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Lyle Taylor hasn't played this season but was signed by Sabri Lamouchi in the summer of 2020 so is certainly a possibility.

Where did you hear this??

I read a thread about Lamouchi on a Forest board and there were one or two criticisms of his transfer buys during the summer of 2020. Taylor wasn't mentioned, it was more criticism of the signings as a group, but seven goals in fifty seven league appearances for Forest isn't great. To balance that, he'd scored eleven in twenty two for Charlton in the Championship in 19/20 before he went on "strike" and five in fourteen on loan at Birmingham isn't bad. However, he'll be thirty two in March and so he's hardly going to improve now. Can't say I'm too enthusiastic about the thought of him, or Wickham, coming here, but, realistically, I'd say they represent the market we're probably dealing in during this window.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I read a thread about Lamouchi on a Forest board and there were one or two criticisms of his transfer buys during the summer of 2020. Taylor wasn't mentioned, it was more criticism of the signings as a group, but seven goals in fifty seven league appearances for Forest isn't great. To balance that, he'd scored eleven in twenty two for Charlton in the Championship in 19/20 before he went on "strike" and five in fourteen on loan at Birmingham isn't bad. However, he'll be thirty two in March and so he's hardly going to improve now. Can't say I'm too enthusiastic about the thought of him, or Wickham, coming here, but, realistically, I'd say they represent the market we're probably dealing in during this window.
    Realistically any striker we get in this window given our restrictions to a free transfer or a loan is going to be a young unproven one like Etete or someone like Taylor or Wickham who are over 30 ( Wickham is 30 in March) much like Hugill last season.

Wickham and Hugill's scoring records are pretty similar at around the 50 mark, but Tayor has scored around 170 in his career. Admittedly a lot were scored at non league level but about 115 have been scored in the league or Scottish Premier.

Anyway we will know by Tuesday night.

We need a minimum 3 good players to go straight in the side. Otherwise we are in deep sh!t.

No signings at all while our rivals have strengthed is asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We need a minimum 3 good players to go straight in the side. Otherwise we are in deep sh!t.

No signings at all while our rivals have strengthed is asking for trouble.
    We don't need 'more options', just better players who will make a relatively quick and positive impact.

We don't need any more 'projects' either.

We need solid signings that will improve the first team.

Sadly, the mismanagement of the embargo has seen us looking for those signings in a pool that is a lot smaller than most of our rivals.

I would rather take a chance on a few loans than the names mentioned.
    If we can get a few from big clubs, preferably of course, players who can hit the ground running, it would obviously be far better than players nobody wants!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I would rather take a chance on a few loans than the names mentioned.
    If we can get a few from big clubs, preferably of course, players who can hit the ground running, it would obviously be far better than players nobody wants!
    I understand what you mean but our current loans are not great are they. Kipre head and shoulders above the rest.

Not sure we, as a club, have our finger on the pulse regarding the loan market either. If you let your player of the year from the previous season go to another Championship club then it isn't great is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Lyle Taylor hasn't played this season but was signed by Sabri Lamouchi in the summer of 2020 so is certainly a possibility.

I would have thought that if we do bring in anyone it'll be someone who has already been identified by the recruitment department, rather than just who the manager (who is potentially only here for 15 weeks) wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would have thought that if we do bring in anyone it'll be someone who has already been identified by the RECRUITMENT DEPARTMENT rather than just who the manager (who is potentially only here for 15 weeks) wants.
    You must be taking the piss, , recruitment department, who brought us the likes of Ojo

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

He would certainly give us options up front and would seem like a realistic target.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You must be taking the piss, , recruitment department, who brought us the likes of Ojo
    Move on with your life. Obsessed

While ojo has been disappointing hes actually been one of our better players over the last few weeks. Statistically he's put in more crosses and passed his man more than anyone else.

I understand the bar is pretty low, as no one is playing particularly well at present. But constantly picking out one player for criticism, who certainly isn't our worst player over recent months, is immature.

Our problems have not been with individuals, but lack of tactics, confidence, striker/goals, nastiness and leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    While ojo has been disappointing hes actually been one of our better players over the last few weeks. Statistically he's put in more crosses and passed his man more than anyone else.

I understand the bar is pretty low, as no one is playing particularly well at present. But constantly picking out one player for criticism, who certainly isn't our worst player over recent months, is immature.

Our problems have not been with individuals, but lack of tactics, confidence, striker/goals, nastiness and leadership.
    You’re wasting your time. He’s blinded by his hatred.

Our squad is not a great one but a decent manager should be able to squeeze enough out of these players to simply stay out of the bottom three. We are crying out for more talent but that won’t be the difference between staying up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    You’re wasting your time. He’s blinded by his hatred.
    No hatred here, he’s just not good enough for this league. It’s not his fault that managers keep on picking him.

No hatred here, he’s just not good enough for this league. It’s not his fault that managers keep on picking him.
    I agree, he's very very poor. I'm surprised others here see anything remotely good in him but it's all about opinions.

ojo should suit lamouchi's playing style

I remember some fat fingers bloke in the family stand (no kids) who would turn up pissed and just shout at Manga all game every game even when he did nothing wrong. Some people are just like that.

He’s become the new scape goat, he has had some terrible games like most but hasn’t been half as bad as some on here make out. With coke confidence he could be a real asset. He’s played pretty much his entire career at this level. If you believe wiki then he was a goal machine before he arrived here (clearly something wrong with wiki lol)

Gabriele Biancheri - what the????
    Did we have a choice in the matter? One of our most promising youngsters - AND a striker at that islet go to Man Utd......
    When do we ever learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Gabriele Biancheri - what the????
    Did we have a choice in the matter? One of our most promising youngsters - AND a striker at that islet go to Man Utd......
    When do we ever learn?
    I doubt if we had much choice. We can't offer a category one Academy or the wages that Man United can.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I doubt if we had much choice. We can't offer a category one Academy or the wages that Man United can.
    Would we have got any sort of fee? Sell on clause? Or maybe we have a good negotiator who said ok.....if you will let us have a few players on loan.....on the other hand perhaps we don't have such a person...