+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Transfer deadline day Tuesday 11pm...rumours

Re: Transfer deadline day Tuesday 11pm...rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's also played in every league game this season
    And all we can do is cover his wages. It's a complete non starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    And all we can do is cover his wages. It's a complete non starter.
    and we probably couldn't afford to even do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    and we probably couldn't afford to even do that.
    I imagine he'll leave for a decent fee in the summer if they stay up, which counts us out.

I imagine he'll leave for a decent fee in the summer if they stay up, which counts us out.
    I think he'll probably stay, even if they make signings that make him not first choice, he's a very useful bench player to shake things up

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I was going to mention this but want to give the lad a chance.

Our issue is we were desperate before. We're even more so now only looking at free agents and loans.

I'd go cap in hand to Bournemouth for Moore who have brought another striker in.
    Why would they let him go?

Why would he want to come here?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

blue lewj having an absolute SteveR here

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sory Kaba has scored 3 goals in 17 (+8) appearances for Midtjylland this season. He last scored in mid-September. Sounds a perfect addition to City’s attack.
    And considered to be dispensable by a mid-table Danish team.

I thought this thread would be empty. I'd be amazed if we got any new players in.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Because they're signing more strikers.

And because they're signing more strikers.

If he's happy to stay and play bit part then fair enough.

Apologies for the suggestion. I'll post about curry or some other random subject next time.

Because they're signing more strikers.

And because they're signing more strikers.

If he's happy to stay and play bit part then fair enough.

Apologies for the suggestion. I'll post about curry or some other random subject next time.
    If they decided to move Moore on, there'd be a queue of clubs in the division and most would pay a sizeable fee to get him.

If they decided to move Moore on, there'd be a queue of clubs in the division and most would pay a sizeable fee to get him.
    Well that would be our fault then wouldn't it.

Back to the bargain bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Not a great season, which is presumably why they're looking to loan him out, but 12 goals in 52 games over his career isn't too bad (a goal every 4.3 games). He's played in the Champions League, Europa League, Belgian first division and Afcon qualifying. Could be ok.
    Not sure where you got those stats from. He’s played more games and scored more goals than that. He’s 27.

He’s played in the Spanish second division for Elche, the French top flight for Dijon (where he failed to score and was sold after six months), the Danish league and the Belgian league.

His career totals are 115 (+43) appearances, 43 goals. That looks pretty good, but realistically the highest level he’s scored goals at is the Belgian league.

He’s been capped by Guinea 14 times, but not since 2020.

Well that would be our fault then wouldn't it.

Back to the bargain bin.
    Why is it our fault?

Not sure where you got those stats from. He’s played more games and scored more goals than that. He’s 27.

He’s played in the Spanish second division for Elche, the French top flight for Dijon (where he failed to score and was sold after six months), the Danish league and the Belgian league.

His career totals are 115 (+43) appearances, 43 goals. That looks pretty good, but realistically the highest level he’s scored goals at is the Belgian league.

On his way to Cardiff apparently....
    https://twitter.com/Chapper88/status...GFz1pj_x2dnzug

I still feel like our problems are in the midfield, not sure why we aren't pushing for a play maker.

Why is it our fault?
    Because even if they want a tenner as a fee our club have messed the embargo situation up so much that we would be outside of the rules to consider paying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    I still feel like our problems are in the midfield, not sure why we aren't pushing for a play maker.
    A player who could beat a man and actually gives his all for 90 minutes would make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    On his way to Cardiff apparently....
    https://twitter.com/Chapper88/status...GFz1pj_x2dnzug

'We bought him for €3M in 2019, so we had high expectations for him, as back then he was our most expensive player. Unfortunately he hasn't lived up to his price tag at all. He hasn't been scoring the amount of goals we hoped for, and furthermore he has had attitude problems.'

Sounds like he'll fit right in.

That was from Whoscored. I did wonder about it as they'd listed one of his seasons twice.

Matondo looked like a Ballon D'Or contender in the Belgian League.

I think we all know it's unlikely that he'll have the same kind of impact that Daryl Dike had at Barnsley, but it's a lot more fun to pretend that he is going to absolutely tear the division up

I'd prefer him up there than Harris.

Harris is like giving your nan a go on FIFA and despite telling her ten times she still hasn't remembered which button is to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    from wikipedia:
    "On 31 January 2019, the last day of the 2018–19 winter transfer window, Kaba signed with Ligue 1 side Dijon FCO having agreed a 4+1⁄2-year contract. The club paid a €4 million transfer fee to Elche triggering a release clause.[5]"

On 5 July 2019, Danish Superliga club FC Midtjylland signed him for apparently €3M. Now they don't want him.

The "attitude problem" could go any which way coming to CCFC. He will score goals and be loved and he'll react positively. He'll score goals for a bit, be loved and then think he should be somewhere else. He won't score goals but try really hard and be loved. He won't score goals, fans will get on to him and he'll wish he'd be somewhere else.

Who's going to run the book?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    from wikipedia:
    "On 31 January 2019, the last day of the 2018–19 winter transfer window, Kaba signed with Ligue 1 side Dijon FCO having agreed a 4+1⁄2-year contract. The club paid a €4 million transfer fee to Elche triggering a release clause.[5]"

On 5 July 2019, Danish Superliga club FC Midtjylland signed him for apparently €3M. Now they don't want him.

The "attitude problem" could go any which way coming to CCFC. He will score goals and be loved and he'll react positively. He'll score goals for a bit, be loved and then think he should be somewhere else. He won't score goals but try really hard and be loved. He won't score goals, fans will get on to him and he'll wish he'd be somewhere else.

Who's going to run the book?
    I understand people looking at his stats and background but.....
    It's the last day of the window.
    We're the lowest scorers in the league.
    We're under transfer embargo rules limiting our options.

It's an absolute no brainer.