+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer deadline day Tuesday 11pm...rumours

Re: Transfer deadline day Tuesday 11pm...rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Would we have got any sort of fee? Sell on clause? Or maybe we have a good negotiator who said ok.....if you will let us have a few players on loan.....on the other hand perhaps we don't have such a person...
    Think fees are generic based on certain factors. No option to negotiate as far as I'm aware.

Cat 1 doesn't automatically protect us either. It's a bit of a shit show and a double edged sword atm.

Would we have got any sort of fee? Sell on clause? Or maybe we have a good negotiator who said ok.....if you will let us have a few players on loan.....on the other hand perhaps we don't have such a person...
    It's pretty cut and dried with EPPP. We don't really get a say in it. It's all fixed, and it ain't much.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    While ojo has been disappointing hes actually been one of our better players over the last few weeks. Statistically he's put in more crosses and passed his man more than anyone else.

I understand the bar is pretty low, as no one is playing particularly well at present. But constantly picking out one player for criticism, who certainly isn't our worst player over recent months, is immature.

Our problems have not been with individuals, but lack of tactics, confidence, striker/goals, nastiness and leadership.
    While we aren't good enough on the whole. Leadership will help but Klopp and Guardiola would struggle to get a tune out of some of our players at the moment. The next 36 hours are crucial to the football club. The fact we are saying this after 17 players came in is an indictment of the shocking transfer window that we've just had. There are so few goals in the squad, nobody is remotely close to a regular goalscorer. Nobody in the squad has got double figures since 18-19.

Ojo isn't awful but he's not great. He's a bottom half Champ player at best because he is occasionally very good but usually garbage.

Striker, centre mid and a left back please.

there is no negotiation, they've offered him a contract to go there, and he can go for minimal compensation whether we want him to go or not.
    it's a fixed amount per year he's been in our academy, like £25k per year or something, and there's nothing we can do about it.
    players can't sign a professional contract until they're 16.

Gabriele Biancheri - what the????
    Did we have a choice in the matter? One of our most promising youngsters - AND a striker at that islet go to Man Utd......
    When do we ever learn?
    What do you think we (the club) should learn in this situation?

Matondo, Crew, Biancheri.... the club is not able to hold on to these 'wonderkids' if a big club wants them. We will get minimal compensation but a reputation for developing talent.... which itself makes clubs like Cardiff bigger targets for the rich and powerful.

There is nothing to learn. It is not right, but it is the way it is. Clubs and fans should maybe do more to get the system changed so it is fairer for smaller clubs, but for now the odds are stacked against us.

The problem isn’t the quality (or lack of) from Morisons signings, it’s the fact that he was supposed to put the squad together for free.
    By the time the board decided we could no longer carry on with Watters leading the line and found money for a striker, Morison was dismissed 24 hours later.
    Our plight is all to do with the board

Apparently, there’s an incoming transfer in progress.

https://twitter.com/darrenowitcoop/s...XxKTTPQDTPIFzA

I think the inability to sign a striker, which has haunted us all season was down to our budget and left firstly to signing Robinson at the last minute and then to both Morison’s and Hudson’s downfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The problem isn’t the quality (or lack of) from Morisons signings, it’s the fact that he was supposed to put the squad together for free.
    By the time the board decided we could no longer carry on with Watters leading the line and found money for a striker, Morison was dismissed 24 hours later.
    Our plight is all to do with the board
    It was Morison's decision, though. Pack, Vaulks, Flint, Bacuna, etc all had one year options. We didn't have to get rid of Phillips or McGuinness in the summer. We lost the very good loans in the summer and they've been poorly replaced.

We spent 500k on Etete and 1.5m on Robinson. Of the 17 how many are good enough to go now? Whatever you think of the players that went, we lost about 14 regulars in the summer. How many are upgrades? We've brought in a lot of gambles and very few have paid off. Robinson wasn't a silver bullet for Morison, either. He's not a number 9 and the squad Morison's bought hasn't got any goals in it from elsewhere.

The board are useless but Morison shouldn't get off scot-free. A complete ripping up of the recruitment staff is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Apparently, there’s an incoming transfer in progress.

https://twitter.com/darrenowitcoop/s...XxKTTPQDTPIFzA

I think the inability to sign a striker, which has haunted us all season was down to our budget and left firstly to signing Robinson at the last minute and then to both Morison’s and Hudson’s downfalls.
    Our budget isn't that small and hasn't been used well. We have used 31 players so far, that's a lot of wasted wages that could have been better spent elsewhere. Our squad is enormous, and filled with rubbish.

Do you really think any of those names you mention (other than McGuiness which was an odd decision but everyone on this board thought he was crap at the end of last season too) are championship standard and would have improved us in the slightest?

Yes, Morison was incredibly naive to not get a striker and should shoulder some of the blame but equally you don’t get championship goal scorers for peanuts, we sold Kieffer for 5m and then Morison was expected to replace like for like with far less… Robinson a desperate roll of the dice when most of the remotely affordable options already off the table and now we can’t even pay a fee for the next few windows we are in an even worse situation. I will agree on Etete and paying a fee for him seems bizarre but equally… at this level what does 500k actually get you?

Lots of talk about Taylor and Wickham not being good enough for what we need, may be true but no idea who people think are walking through the door on a free or a loan with no fee attached at the end of the January window.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there is no negotiation, they've offered him a contract to go there, and he can go for minimal compensation whether we want him to go or not.
    it's a fixed amount per year he's been in our academy, like £25k per year or something, and there's nothing we can do about it.
    players can't sign a professional contract until they're 16.
    5% sell on as part of development, however this is spread across all clubs who contribute to the development (not sure what age they stop), so now Utd will have a slice. Thanks to Brexit this is the norm as teams in the UK can no longer sign youth from the continent. Scotland already moaning as they are being raided.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Do you really think any of those names you mention (other than McGuiness which was an odd decision but everyone on this board thought he was crap at the end of last season too) are championship standard and would have improved us in the slightest?

Yes, Morison was incredibly naive to not get a striker and should shoulder some of the blame but equally you don’t get championship goal scorers for peanuts, we sold Kieffer for 5m and then Morison was expected to replace like for like with far less… Robinson a desperate roll of the dice when most of the remotely affordable options already off the table and now we can’t even pay a fee for the next few windows we are in an even worse situation. I will agree on Etete and paying a fee for him seems bizarre but equally… at this level what does 500k actually get you?

Lots of talk about Taylor and Wickham not being good enough for what we need, may be true but no idea who people think are walking through the door on a free or a loan with no fee attached at the end of the January window.
    its pretty obvious we were trying to get a number 9 but there were quite a few other championship clubs after them and precious few the right quality available.
    I think Hugill was probably out main target but Norwich didn't let him go until recently.

what's for sure is Morison wasn't playing Harris and Watters out of preference, just we didn't get anyone else. neither featured much at the end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post

I think all of the centre halves and centre mids we let go are massive upgrades over Simpson and Sawyers. Flint was starting over Nelson last season, too. We've got ourselves in a position where Gavin Whyte was a regular at one point, things have not gone well.

Drameh, Doyle, Doughty, Hugill and Uche are all better than what we have now.

You say like for like with less, but we signed 17 players and didn't let 17 go. We could have run with a squad of 22 players supplemented with youth, and that 22 could have been of higher quality because we could have paid them more money, or used the wages saved on transfer fees. Our squad is still massive. I imagine it's that big because he saw some of the players he signed and realised they're miles off it.

It is practically impossible for Wickham and Taylor to be downgrades on what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He’s become the new scape goat, he has had some terrible games like most but hasn’t been half as bad as some on here make out. With coke confidence he could be a real asset. He’s played pretty much his entire career at this level. If you believe wiki then he was a goal machine before he arrived here (clearly something wrong with wiki lol)
    Not expecting him to be Maradonna but if he'd get to Paul Merson level then I'd be happy

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Not expecting him to be Maradonna but if he'd get to Paul Merson level then I'd be happy
    Paul merson played about 400 premier league games didn't he? I'd be delighted if he reaches his level

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think all of the centre halves and centre mids we let go are massive upgrades over Simpson and Sawyers. Flint was starting over Nelson last season, too. We've got ourselves in a position where Gavin Whyte was a regular at one point, things have not gone well.

You say like for like with less, but we signed 17 players and didn't let 17 go. We could have run with a squad of 22 players supplemented with youth, and that 22 could have been of higher quality because we could have paid them more money, or used the wages saved on transfer fees. Our squad is still massive. I imagine it's that big because he saw some of the players he signed and realised they're miles off it.

It is practically impossible for Wickham and Taylor to be downgrades on what we have.
    Absolutely right. Take Robinson out of the equation and we could play with possibly anybody in their place and even if they failed to score they would match the zero goals that the rest produce on a regular basis.

Paul merson played about 400 premier league games didn't he? I'd be delighted if he reaches his level
    Fantastic player. That one season he had in his twilight years at Villa he was absolutely brilliant.

And the year he dropped into Division 1 (the now Championship) he took the piss with Portsmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Fantastic player. That one season he had in his twilight years at Villa he was absolutely brilliant.

And the year he dropped into Division 1 (the now Championship) he took the piss with Portsmouth.
    I once bumped into him at Cheltenham festival, buying the biggest round of drinks I've ever seen

Indeed but I guess there's more testing these days.

There's no doubting the squad has degraded by increments since relegation, but I'd suggest this squad is easier to build on than the one which started last season. Managers always need a couple of 'windows' at least, and I think Morison would have strengthened in key areas in this one. Not sure how much strengthening can be done within the 36hrs remaining though..

sawyers has been a big disappointment.

the centre backs we let go in the summer were Ciaron Brown and Aden flint. Neither of whom I would have wanted us to keep

I once bumped into him at Cheltenham festival, buying the biggest round of drinks I've ever seen
    And he was there on his own!

Player swap with Wigan

Mark Harris for Joe Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Player swap with Wigan

Really, not bothered by Harris going but isn’t there better than Bennett about. Every time I see him for Wigan he looks a total
    Liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Player swap with Wigan

perm?