+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Food Banks New Political Headliner

Re: Food Banks New Political Headliner

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Teachers starting pay (outside London) with the recent increase applied is £28,000

Supply teacher pay starts at £19,340.

Agency teachers are often paid poorly as the agencies keep as much as they can get away with.

Teaching Assistants' pay starts at £17,000.

Pay is the headline issue, but there is much more behind the dispute.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-b2273485.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-64482081
    Teachers assistants are unqualified “care providers” not too dissimilar to child care establishments

Supply teachers are technically self employed and are entitled to legacy benefits more often than not.

Teacher’s salary scales are here ( which excludes recent pay award)

https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/Your-...ril%202022.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Teachers assistants are unqualified “care providers” not too dissimilar to child care establishments
    They still need to earn enough to live.

£40k is fantastic money for most people
    That just isn't true, if you are the main breadwinner with a young family then you are going to be struggling right now.

40k might have been decent money a 10, 5 even 2 years ago but life is significantly more expensive now, your thinking is out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    That just isn't true, if you are the main breadwinner with a young family then you are going to be struggling right now.

40k might have been decent money a 10, 5 even 2 years ago but life is significantly more expensive now, your thinking is out of date.
    Well perhaps but in isolation, but it’s great money for South wales and it’s way above the national average, many of whom are not going on strike.

The salaries I’ve posted for Cardiff City are generous IMHO when you consider the benefits they get. Let’s not forget they were basically on full pay for two years whilst the schools were closed. Many others lost their jobs.

Wow , they used a printer and used their own money, very noble of them
    Unironically it is. I’ve not worked for a single company where I’d consider paying out of my own pocket for anything. I’d keep a receipt if you sent me across the road for a lightbulb.

I can guarantee you a terms worth of booklets for 30-60 kids is a hell of a lot more than a light bulb.

The fact your first thought is mockery and not concern that our country’s education system is in such an underfunded state is sad. Children are the future and education should be the last institution to face budget cuts. The strikes and protests aren’t just over pay disputes but funding too.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Unironically it is. I’ve not worked for a single company where I’d consider paying out of my own pocket for anything. I’d keep a receipt if you sent me across the road for a lightbulb.

I can guarantee you a terms worth of booklets for 30-60 kids is a hell of a lot more than a light bulb.

The fact your first thought is mockery and not concern that our country’s education system is in such an underfunded state is sad. Children are the future and education should be the last institution to face budget cuts.
    It’s hardly a mockery , but it’s means nothing in the grand scheme of things, and it wasn’t my first thought , it was in reply to your truly bizarre justification of the hardships they face.

Well perhaps but in isolation, but it’s great money for South wales and it’s way above the national average, many of whom are not going on strike.
    What is today's national average? Working on figures that are even 6 months out of date doesn't work at the moment.

The salaries I’ve posted for Cardiff City are generous IMHO when you consider the benefits they get. Let’s not forget they were basically on full pay for two years whilst the schools were closed. Many others lost their jobs.
    They were on full pay because they were bloody working, that’s why. It’s not teachers fault people lost their jobs. Why are there so many working class traitors so quick to stick the boot in to those fighting for decent, pay, conditions and other reasons (links above). ITS NOT A RACE TO THE BOTTOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    They were on full pay because they were bloody working, that’s why. It’s not teachers fault people lost their jobs. Why are there so many working class traitors so quick to stick the boot in to those fighting for decent, pay, conditions and other reasons (links above). ITS NOT A RACE TO THE BOTTOM!!!
    Working ….. to key workers yes, but they didn’t take normal lessons , I know that for a fact as my son was in school during this time. Let people put their opinions across and don’t be a knob. I think it’s decent pay for what they do and the add-ons they receive.

I don’t agree that they are pushing for a 10% pay award when they have been offered 5% like most other industries, and it’s a bigger pay award than mine (3% for two years)

As long as you’re happy for taxes to go up.

here;s some stats regarding average salary,s up till November 2022 according to this report

states the average full time pay =33k per annum
    average pay = 27.756k per annum

https://standout-cv.com/pages/average-uk-salary

as you mention a few months out of date and think these figures will increase by about 5 to 8 per cent this year

Working ….. to key workers yes, but they didn’t take normal lessons , I know that for a fact as my son was in school during this time. Let people put their opinions across and don’t be a knob. I think it’s decent pay for what they do and the add-ons they receive.

I don’t agree that they are pushing for a 10% pay award when they have been offered 5% like most other industries, and it’s a bigger pay award than mine (3% for two years)

As long as you’re happy for taxes to go up.
    Let's all have a race to the bottom.

£40k is fantastic money for most people , if you don’t think it is then what do you class as “great money”particularly for South Wales

We are not talking about Boris Johnson here are we now ?

Highest paid in Europe apparently for hours worked

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%...ours-europe%2F
    If you think £40k is good money you're either deluding yourself, living in 1980 or ramming yourself with drugs! Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Yep

Makes me puke all this what about them crap

Traitorous sucking up to the Tories , call themselves Welsh, bloody English tory wannabees

Teachers starting pay from September £30K. Average earnings £40K. 6 months full sick pay. Employers put 23.68% into pensions compared to 3% in commercial. 13 weeks hols, enhanced maternity / paternity etc

I’m sure teachers do use food banks but what’s the reason, it could be loan repayments from credit cards , mortgage payments , Netflix subscription, Sky ?

Perhaps they are living above their means , which could happen to anybody couldn’t it ?
    Perhaps they are not living above their means

Anyway why is it people like you are always poking away at teachers , the NHS etc

The Tories are not your friends they are using you to do their dirty work

Divide and rule

If teachers have paid leave , sick pay etc it's because they have unions that have protected their members , sounds like you are jealous of their working conditions

Let's all have a race to the bottom.
    Oh it's a bigger pay award then he got ?

There we go then , can't have that

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Perhaps they are not living above their means

Anyway why is it people like you are always poking away at teachers , the NHS etc

The Tories are not your friends they are using you to do their dirty work

Divide and rule

If teachers have paid leave , sick pay etc it's because they have unions that have protected their members , sounds like you are jealous of their working conditions
    Why wife and I earn in excess of £100k and as I’ve previously stated are both from council estates , mine particularly rough apparently although I never thought that when I lived there , so I’m hardly jealous. I just don’t think a 10% increase is justified in the current financial market.

People like you don’t think things through and will be the first to blame the government when they raise taxes further to compensate. Now, there are probably other professions that probably deserve more (Police , Fire Services) but that is from a personal perspective not from a business side of things.

All public service pay awards are unpaid for by the tax payers so don’t come moaning in April when your personal allowance remains unchanged.

I’m assuming a CPI increase now would be great, but will the same people be happy with a pay cut in 18 months time when there will be a period of de-inflation.

Why wife and I earn in excess of £100k and as I’ve previously stated are both from council estates , mine particularly rough apparently although I never thought that when I lived there , so I’m hardly jealous. I just don’t think a 10% increase is justified in the current financial market.

People like you don’t think things through and will be the first to blame the government when they raise taxes further to compensate. Now, there are probably other professions that probably deserve more (Police , Fire Services) but that is from a personal perspective not from a business side of things.

All public service pay awards are unpaid for by the tax payers so don’t come moaning in April when your personal allowance remains unchanged.

I’m assuming a CPI increase now would be great, but will the same people be happy with a pay cut in 18 months time when there will be a period of de-inflation.
    Maybe you could give us your definition of de-inflation.

Maybe you could give us your definition of de-inflation.
    In simple terms when it decreases to below zero, which is expected in 2024 and last for approximately 2 years then settle at 2% thereafter.

https://obr.uk/forecasts-in-depth/th...inflation/#CPI

If you want more information search for the office of budget responsibility, Economic and fiscal outlook from Nov 2022 paragraph 14, chart 14.

This area of the report shows how the UK economy will fall from 10% CPI to a long term 2% rate which is continuously discussed in any BOE statement. Everything at the moment is a blip. The only thing not expected to fall to low levels is interest rates which is expected to settle at 3%.

In simple terms when it decreases to below zero, which is expected in 2024 and last for approximately 2 years then settle at 2% thereafter.

https://obr.uk/forecasts-in-depth/th...inflation/#CPI

If you want more information search for the office of budget responsibility, Economic and fiscal outlook from Nov 2022 paragraph 14, chart 14.

This area of the report shows how the UK economy will fall from 10% CPI to a long term 2% rate which is continuously discussed in any BOE statement. Everything at the moment is a blip. The only thing not expected to fall to low levels is interest rates which is expected to settle at 3%.
    It's not a blip, the burden of that period of inflation remains unless you have a similar length/size period of deflation. So based on what you have shared, any one with half a brain cell would agree for their salary to be linked to some measure of inflation because they would be better off than if they didn't.

I just think you are probably somebody who will always find some reason to be against certain people getting an above inflation payrise. Of course if you run that scenario out, the purchasing power of their salary trends towards zero. I've worked full time for 10 years and have never had an above inflation payrise, so every year a pay cut. Is that good?

As you’ve read the articles you would see the high period of inflation is 2 years, the exact same period as the period of deflation, therefore , I am unsure of you point, many experts say that the issues we are facing and measures to tackle this are short term, hence why I said a blip (as in not the norm).

I’ve never said it shouldn’t linked to inflation but argued that 5% was a generous offer, unions are pushing for the full 10% expecting to align to inflation, the point I was making is whether will unions push for an inflationary pay award in 25 and 26 when there is deflation, I’m guessing not.

Therefore the sensible approach for business longevity (as you’ve had for 10: years ) is fair pay awards not just inflationary linked.

The reason for interest rising is to stop spending, if people are just awarded inflationary rises spending doesn’t stop and therefore we remain with higher inflation for longer.

I’m not that type of person but feel that what is best for the country is a period of tightening our belts so that we come out of this difficult time quicker

Teachers starting pay from September £30K. Average earnings £40K. 6 months full sick pay. Employers put 23.68% into pensions compared to 3% in commercial. 13 weeks hols, enhanced maternity / paternity etc

I’m sure teachers do use food banks but what’s the reason, it could be loan repayments from credit cards , mortgage payments , Netflix subscription, Sky ?

Perhaps they are living above their means , which could happen to anybody couldn’t it ?
    Or it could be that £30k after tax is less than £500 pw take home. After rent/mortgage/food/travel, there's probably not a lot left. Forget about wearing clothes, having the occasional bevvy or procreation.

if you want to invest in our Children's education, then you invest in teaching staff and schools.

As you’ve read the articles you would see the high period of inflation is 2 years, the exact same period as the period of deflation, therefore , I am unsure of you point, many experts say that the issues we are facing and measures to tackle this are short term, hence why I said a blip (as in not the norm).

I’ve never said it shouldn’t linked to inflation but argued that 5% was a generous offer, unions are pushing for the full 10% expecting to align to inflation, the point I was making is whether will unions push for an inflationary pay award in 25 and 26 when there is deflation, I’m guessing not.

Therefore the sensible approach for business longevity (as you’ve had for 10: years ) is fair pay awards not just inflationary linked.

The reason for interest rising is to stop spending, if people are just awarded inflationary rises spending doesn’t stop and therefore we remain with higher inflation for longer.

I’m not that type of person but feel that what is best for the country is a period of tightening our belts so that we come out of this difficult time quicker
    It’s fifteen years since the financial crash, working people have expected to “tighten their belt” ever since then.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s fifteen years since the financial crash, working people have expected to “tighten their belt” ever since then.
    Okay …..I’ve signposted you to what you need to know and that’s your take on it

I don't know why I have to explain this but here goes:

Butter is £1
    Pay is £10
    I can buy 10 packs of butter

for 1 year we have 10% inflation - 5% Pay award

Butter is now £1.10
    Pay is £10.5
    I can buy ~9.5 packs of butter

For 1 year deflation is 2% - Pay Freeze

Butter is now ~£1.08
    Pay is £10.5
    I can buy ~9.7 packs of butter

Project that out long enough and you can't buy any packs of butter.

Now, these two statements do not add up

Here is you saying that my consistently below inflation pay rises are fair.

Here is you giving the impression that you don't think that is fair.

I have moved jobs a few times in that time period but in my current job at my current grade. If my salary had been linked to inflation between 2009 and 2021, I would be 31.7% better off. The issue here is that vast swathes of public sector jobs become not viable (especially in affluent areas) and we end up with a long term recruitment/retention crisis spiral, the likes we are seeing in the NHS and teaching right now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not just tighten the belt, sell the belt.