+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who's up for the fight?

Who's up for the fight?

Since we were promoted back to the Championship I have never had serious concerns about relegation to Div 1. I have now, not least because we just do not have battled hardened players. Too many with soft centres. Would you have Ojo, Philogene or Sawyers going over the top with you? I certainly wouldn't.
    By reckoning these are the only players prepared to stand up that we have:
    Allsopp
    Romeo
    Ng
    McGuinness
    ODowda
    Robinson

I wouldnt trust the rest as far as I could throw them.
    We are doomed.

Re: Who's up for the fight?

Not sure even the fans are, that’s the most worrying thing.

Kipre too

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Not sure even the fans are, that’s the most worrying thing.
    Some have thrown the towel in, some are just simple reveling in the situation, its as if they have waited all this time just to see us fail

I guess it takes all sorts

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Some have thrown the towel in, some are just simple revealing in the situation
    What are they revealing? Anything interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What are they revealing? Anything interesting?
    autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Since we were promoted back to the Championship I have never had serious concerns about relegation to Div 1. I have now, not least because we just do not have battled hardened players. Too many with soft centres. Would you have Ojo, Philogene or Sawyers going over the top with you? I certainly wouldn't.
    By reckoning these are the only players prepared to stand up that we have:
    Allsopp
    Romeo
    Ng
    McGuinness
    ODowda
    Robinson

I wouldnt trust the rest as far as I could throw them.
    We are doomed.
    Also Wintle, Kipre, Rinomohta (who isnt getting enough game time). The weakness is Ojo and Harris and other inexperience up front. We have only conceded 32 goals in 29 games - one of the better records in the division (10th).

I think you are all downplaying how desperately unlucky you have been as a club. Your record signing arrives safely in Cardiff instead of dying in appalling circumstances. Would you then have stayed up? We will never know but I have to think with the small margins of your relegation that season I think he would have made the difference.

Then to add salt to the wound you have to pay the huge transfer fee for a player that never played for the club meaning money isn’t available for decent new signings.

The lack of goals is a huge problem and you may well go down. I hope not. Fingers crossed you stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Also Wintle, Kipre, Rinomohta (who isnt getting enough game time). The weakness is Ojo and Harris and other inexperience up front. We have only conceded 32 goals in 29 games - one of the better records in the division (10th).
    I've decided not to watch games where Mark Harris is starting. I can't put myself through it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think you are all downplaying how desperately unlucky you have been as a club. Your record signing arrives safely in Cardiff instead of dying in appalling circumstances. Would you then have stayed up? We will never know but I have to think with the small margins of your relegation that season I think he would have made the difference.

Then to add salt to the wound you have to pay the huge transfer fee for a player that never played for the club meaning money isn’t available for decent new signings.

The lack of goals is a huge problem and you may well go down. I hope not. Fingers crossed you stay up.
    Thank you for your gracious response: a quality that is in short supply these days.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

It's a guaranteed 6 points against us so of course its in your interest for us to stay up.