+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sory Kaba - a fine technical striker, but………

Sory Kaba - a fine technical striker, but………

Re: Sory Kaba - a fine technical striker, but………

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tomlinesque by the sound if it.

I note the report neglected to mention his spell at Dijon, where he was shipped out six months into a four and a half year contract, having failed to score a single goal.

This is going to be an interesting one. He clearly has some sort of ability, but he’s also clearly a problem.

Depends what he wants. If he just wanted out then we're in trouble, but if he sees this as his chance to get a foot in the door in English football, with an eye on the Premier League, then he might be up for it.
    Midtjylland's take on his departure is "We have had a good dialogue with Kaba, who wants a bigger role in the team than we can give him at the moment." I think we can offer him a very big role. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ws-fc-26130197

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I note the report neglected to mention his spell at Dijon, where he was shipped out six months into a four and a half year contract, having failed to score a single goal.

This is going to be an interesting one. He clearly has some sort of ability, but he’s also clearly a problem.
    That was for a total of 227 minutes over 9 games so without the detailed breakdown and simply going over the 9 - giving him 25 minutes each 90 isn't going to give him much of a chance to be rated fairly. Could be that they gave him two full nineties and a dribbling of tiny appearances but I wouldn't be ready to write him off just yet. Fingers crossed like.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    That was for a total of 227 minutes over 9 games so without the detailed breakdown and simply going over the 9 - giving him 25 minutes each 90 isn't going to give him much of a chance to be rated fairly. Could be that they gave him two full nineties and a dribbling of tiny appearances but I wouldn't be ready to write him off just yet. Fingers crossed like.
    Sorry, this is also not blind to that he undoubtedly has a big question mark looming over him, it's worth noting of any player that they've refused to play for a club; and he could well be another Saadi or worst, Frederick Gounongbe. Goddamn it he is all we have left to hope on - let's hope he magically turns this side into a gorgeously balanced side!

Some didn't rate him at Dijon.
    Others have said he was mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Started twice, taken off both times. Not only no goals but no assists.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/sory-k...s=&trainer_id=

Did score in "Relegation Ligue 1" which I'm assuming was a two legged playoff game?

Do Midtjylland still have their moneyball approach to their dealings. I’d be reassured somewhat if they do because I’d like the fact that a club like them would be prepared to spend a club record fee on Kaba. Clearly, there’s a risk involved and you have that feeling that if there is a way for it all to go wrong, City will find it, but he’s at an age where he should be at his peak and you never know, it may work. It’s a signing that reminds me a bit of when Jay Bothroyd arrived - I was dead set against that as I thought he was wasting his talent and it sounds like Kaba has done that for a good portion of his career.

Do Midtjylland still have their moneyball approach to their dealings.
    I think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I think they do.

So he wants to be a No 9, wants to be the main man, and has a spikey personality?

In our situation he sounds like the best type of loan signing we could get.

He may flop and sulk. He may become a hero.

It certainly sounds as if he will change the mood and dynamic in the team. Hopefully for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Did score in "Relegation Ligue 1" which I'm assuming was a two legged playoff game?
    I’m 99% certain that’s incorrect. If you Google those two games (Dijon v Lens 2019), several sites list the scorers and our boy isn’t among them.

Dijon apparently bought him for €4 million in January 2019, gave him a four and a half year contract, then sold him for €3 million in July 2019. He was a Dijon player for approximately five months. They finished 18th of 20 in Ligue 1.

This loan deal reminds me a bit of the deal that brought Iwan Redan to City. Remember him? Let’s keep our fingers crossed this one works out a whole lot better than that did.

Feels like the kind of desperate signing you make in a relegation season

I hope I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’m 99% certain that’s incorrect. If you Google those two games (Dijon v Lens 2019), several sites list the scorers and our boy isn’t among them.

Dijon apparently bought him for €4 million in January 2019, gave him a four and a half year contract, then sold him for €3 million in July 2019. He was a Dijon player for approximately five months. They finished 18th of 20 in Ligue 1.

This loan deal reminds me a bit of the deal that brought Iwan Redan to City. Remember him? Let’s keep our fingers crossed this one works out a whole lot better than that did.
    Apologies, read the wrong column.

He didn't score in that game, but got an assist.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Feels like the kind of desperate signing you make in a relegation season

I hope I'm wrong
    It couldn't be more of a desperate signing really.
    Let's hope his attitude is right and he just wants to come here and do well.
    There's an opportunity for him to quickly put himself on the map if he helps keep us up.

he might just sit on the bench

It’s all about man management
    Let’s see how Lamouchi caresses his ego 🤔👍

Begs the question....where the hell do we find these players? Do agents read MBs and think "he'll do at x, y or z"? Is there a dark web for players? I do despair at our (apparent) inability to scout players and just hope someone is suggested who might plug a gap. Give the guy a go and hope he doesn't upset the dressing room/management/fans/Heddlu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy5xhHgak5w

some half tidy tap ins... in the right place at the right time type of thing

looks better in the air

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy5xhHgak5w

Do Midtjylland still have their moneyball approach to their dealings. I’d be reassured somewhat if they do because I’d like the fact that a club like them would be prepared to spend a club record fee on Kaba. Clearly, there’s a risk involved and you have that feeling that if there is a way for it all to go wrong, City will find it, but he’s at an age where he should be at his peak and you never know, it may work. It’s a signing that reminds me a bit of when Jay Bothroyd arrived - I was dead set against that as I thought he was wasting his talent and it sounds like Kaba has done that for a good portion of his career.
    yeah they've always had a different approach tactically to Brentford, but the model off the pitch is very similar, especially recruitment. if they were prepared to make him their record signing then they must have seen something in him that's worth doing that for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    It’s all about man management
    Let’s see how Lamouchi caresses his ego ����
    Looking at his Instagram account, he does appear to have one very big ego.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Looking at his Instagram account, he does appear to have one very big ego.
    Great, another Nicolas Anelka...
    The difference being that Anelka had more ability and somehow ended up loaded. This guy might blow that chance if he's not careful.

Could be a last chance saloon for him.
    Hopefully he steps up....if we can get the ball to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Could be a last chance saloon for him.
    Hopefully he steps up....if we can get the ball to him.
    That is a very good point.