+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kaba and Etete - will that work going forward

Kaba and Etete - will that work going forward

To me we absolutely need a target man in this team but very surprised to see the 2 target men on yesterday going very route one but looked like it had something there

Is that a sign of things to come and if so how would it work or was it a kitchen sink job and won’t be done again

Re: Kaba and Etete - will that work going forward

Personally I'd like us to line up 3-4-1-2 with Robinson in behind the two strikers. O'Dowda would play left of the 4 but not sure who I'd have on the right; could Ojo or Philogene play that position? Midfield two is any 2 from 4, possibly Ralls and Rinomhota next game and back three would be Ng, McGuinness and Kipre

I think we stumbled on those two being on the pitch together just through circumstance yesterday.

We swapped Robinson for Kaba at 0-0 and brought Etete on at 1-0 when we were chasing the game.

If we're going two up top or one man up top and one slightly dropping off I'd pick Kaba and Robinson.

They can go route one all day long, as long as they get the points to keep us up.

Worth a try. Nothing else has worked.

Route one

Do it

I worry about 3 centre-backs because I really don't think Simpson's up to it, so we only really have two decent ones at the minute.

The problem with wingbacks, as has been mentioned, is who plays on the right?

I honestly think we'd be better with 4 at the back at the minute and putting Bagan at left-back. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's better than Simpson!

As for the middle, that's also a bit tricky... I'd have to put both Wintle and Rino in as they do both defend well generally and win the ball back at least, something the likes of Ralls or Sawyers won't do.

For me, it's probably an old-skool 4-4-2 at the minute, Philogene right side, O'Dowda left side, and Robinson and Kaba up front.

It leaves us lacking creativity in the middle, but retaining some possession at least and being able to lay it off to two wingers.

If Robinson can play off of Kaba, then maybe it's our best shot.