+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Inflation to drop to 3% by next year..

Inflation to drop to 3% by next year..

The Bank of England put its interest rate up half a point to 4 per cent; it revised its forecast for the economy this year – it will shrink by just 0.7 per cent rather than 2 per cent – and inflation will fall to 3 per cent a year from now

Perhaps a 8/9% rise for all is a sensible approach considering what's been declared.

It's a pity you can have fluctuation in pay like pensions based on the circumstances that exist at the time ..

Re: Inflation to drop to 3% by next year..

Why do you continually clog up this board with your cut and paste politics? Why not post this shit on the other board? That’s what it’s there for.

Has an economist ever made a correct forecast for inflation, interest rates, GDP or any other metric?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Has an economist ever made a correct forecast for inflation, interest rates, GDP or any other metric?
    Capital Economics are normally pretty good

The IFS have a good rep

Stephanie Flanders was well thought of before she left the BBC

All things being equal, inflation will fall pretty rapidly from April. Not because of some rapid improvement in things but because it is that month last year when things rapidly shot up.

I saw a comment the other day about workers striking because they're seeking a 10% payrise.
    Because inflation is going to drop to 3% they asked if the striking workers would take a 7% paycut next year to account for the drop 🙄
    These people vote ffs.

Yep, I suspect that the circa 10% rises are pretty baked in now.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I saw a comment the other day about workers striking because they're seeking a 10% payrise.
    Because inflation is going to drop to 3% they asked if the striking workers would take a 7% paycut next year to account for the drop ��
    These people vote ffs.
    That's actually quite funny.

I'm not sure if Jimbo realizes his post after yours seems to endorse the bonkers logic. Maybe he didn't read your post properly?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    That's actually quite funny.

I'm not sure if Jimbo realizes his post after yours seems to endorse the bonkers logic. Maybe he didn't read your post properly?
    Quite the opposite AZ, I am agreeing with him.

Because inflation is going to drop to 3% they asked if the striking workers would take a 7% paycut next year to account for the drop ��
    These people vote ffs.
    It was hypothetically speaking you nerd FFS !,BTW love the passive aggressive quip, hence the response.

What’s your solution then out of interest ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It was hypothetically speaking you nerd FFS !,BTW love the passive aggressive quip, hence the response.

What’s your solution then out of interest ?
    It was a comment on WOL. I doubt they had a basic understanding of how the inflation rate is calculated.

My solution? Get the Govt around the negotiation table for starters. Base any award over at least 2 years to account for next years likely lower inflation rate. Offer a one-off payment for this year in addition to a wage increase. Offer, where possible, a reduction in hours/change in shifts, in exchange for a rise.

It was a comment on WOL. I doubt they had a basic understanding of how the inflation rate is calculated.

My solution? Get the Govt around the negotiation table for starters. Base any award over at least 2 years to account for next years likely lower inflation rate. Offer a one-off payment for this year in addition to a wage increase. Offer, where possible, a reduction in hours/change in shifts, in exchange for a rise.
    What analysts never mention is there are so many mitigating factors ( excluding Brexit) including the billions upon billions wasted during the pandemic, and the billions handed out to assist foreign wars.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    What analysts never mention is there are so many mitigating factors ( excluding Brexit) including the billions upon billions wasted during the pandemic, and the billions handed out to assist foreign wars.
    I don't get your drift here. Surely the helicopter money in the pandemic theoretically added to inflationary pressures?