+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 73 thousand people expected at today's rugby international

73 thousand people expected at today's rugby international

According to my estimates 87.6% of those 73k will be fat bastards and in excess of 95% will be boring feckers who are obsessed with Gareth Eggwards and Max 'oggi, oggi, oggi' Boyce.

Have you seen the size of the beer guts on rugger fans? They're enormous, and the men's are even bigger than the heifers who wear a daffodil headdress.

Rather than that bloated mass of humanity wobbling its way to the Principality Stadium later on they should be sat at home watching it on TV.

Doing so would be much better for the environment. But those selfish blaggards prefer to damage the planet further by travelling there using transport whose emissions also help to further poison the lungs of all of us.

Few, if anyone, would contend that attending any rugby game is among life's necessities. It's time to ban spectators from Six Nations' games for the benefit of the greater good.

Re: 73 thousand people expected at today's rugby international

Great to see City leading the way on helping the environment by reducing crowds to around 14000 in a 33000 capacity stadium.

More work to do but I’ve no doubt they’ll get there to reduce it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    According to my estimates 87.6% of those 73k will be fat bastards and in excess of 95% will be boring feckers who are obsessed with Gareth Eggwards and Max 'oggi, oggi, oggi' Boyce.

Have you seen the size of the beer guts on rugger fans? They're enormous, and the men's are even bigger than the heifers who wear a daffodil headdress.

Rather than that bloated mass of humanity wobbling its way to the Principality Stadium later on they should be sat at home watching it on TV.

Doing so would be much better for the environment. But those selfish blaggards prefer to damage the planet further by travelling there using transport whose emissions also help to further poison the lungs of all of us.

Few, if anyone, would contend that attending any rugby game is among life's necessities. It's time to ban spectators from Six Nations' games for the benefit of the greater good.
    Mainly drunk women in their 50’s these days…..stay well away

My cousin & her daughters have decided to go line dancing in Spain instead, so that’s 3 less daffodils

Old Wembley used to have lower capacities for Rugby League finals, than FA Cup finals, because rugby fans were thought to be bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Are they like the women in ‘Monroes’ once upon a time?

If so, do you know where I can get an inflatable leek?

Personally I'm delighted they're all turning up and paying a fortune. I've got no time for it myself, I do love watching Cardiff Rugby though. Without the grant from the WRU I wouldn't get to watch top class players every week. The pathetically small crowds at Welsh club rugby would struggle to pay expenses for 25 amateurs.

So as much as I'd love to judge the daffodil heads, I hope they have a great time and fork out another £80 for the next game aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Great to see City leading the way on helping the environment by reducing crowds to around 14000 in a 33000 capacity stadium.

More work to do but I’ve no doubt they’ll get there to reduce it further.
    Fair play 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    "Come on shaaaane come on shaaaane" whilst spilling strongbow all over their chops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Are they like the women in ‘Monroes’ once upon a time?

If so, do you know where I can get an inflatable leek?
    I used to go to Monroe's on Wednesday nights. Can't remember what the night was called. Lots of goths.

Tickets for today's game from £199:

https://welshrugbyticketexchange.sea...SAAEgJSdvD_BwE

Quite a lot of dosh to watch, if you're lucky, 40 minutes of actual play out of the official 80. Fast becoming one of the most boring sporting events IMO.

Cardiff City fans going up to Hull today will be leaving at 7 am and getting back at 10 tonight

They will be forking out for coach travel and match ticket and food about 60 quid ?

That's one game so for hard core fans that's 10 or 12 of those trips a season and sometimes more

600 quid

I think when it comes to commitment rugby fans are not in the same league , it's a social say out 2 or 3 times a season

My main memory of international days in the 1970s was the puke. It was everywhere. It was normalized. Grown men going into town, getting pissed off their faces and puking in the street. I can remember a bloke sitting next to me in the old North Stand puking and falling asleep. Weird as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    My main memory of international days in the 1970s was the puke. It was everywhere. It was normalized. Grown men going into town, getting pissed off their faces and puking in the street. I can remember a bloke sitting next to me in the old North Stand puking and falling asleep. Weird as ****.
    It isn't much better these days.

Midnight in Caroline Street could pass off as a zombie film on rugby day.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Cardiff City fans going up to Hull today will be leaving at 7 am and getting back at 10 tonight

They will be forking out for coach travel and match ticket and food about 60 quid ?

That's one game so for hard core fans that's 10 or 12 of those trips a season and sometimes more

600 quid

I think when it comes to commitment rugby fans are not in the same league , it's a social say out 2 or 3 times a season
    There are lots of more commited fans aswell to be fair. Lots on Wales away trips, lots go on lions tours. There were even a few Cardiff fans in Dublin last week for the Leinster game.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    There are lots of more commited fans aswell to be fair. Lots on Wales away trips, lots go on lions tours. There were even a few Cardiff fans in Dublin last week for the Leinster game.
    When I was a kid it seemed like Wales took thousands to Scotland. Like 10, 15, 20 thousand. Was I dreaming? Does that still happen?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Lions tours every 4 years

Dublin 1 weekend every other year

Welsh football fans travel everywhere , all the time a lot further than Scotland, Ireland

But as far as the rugby establishment is concerned these people don't exist as Wales is a rugby country

Welsh club rugby fans don't have to travel far for their games but even then hardly any bother

When I was a kid it seemed like Wales took thousands to Scotland. Like 10, 15, 20 thousand. Was I dreaming? Does that still happen?
    I done a couple of Scotland trips (weekend on the piiss) in the late 80s early 90s. Edinburgh always seemed to be flooded with Taffs and I had tickets for both the games.

Edinburgh is a great city, just not when its flooded with Taff's.

Well it was always exaggerated but even so it's every 2 years. It's a holiday .

And it's not a lot further than the trek to Sunderland, Carlisle etc that football fans have done for years

Didn’t they used to be akin to bi annual pilgrimages? Sometimes staying the in same village & town outposts miles from the game’s venue. No intention of going to the game whatsoever, just having a three day binge with the locals.

I’ve even heard of some going to, for example, Ireland this weekend on the planes that have brought the Irish fans over.

I used to go to Monroe's on Wednesday nights. Can't remember what the night was called. Lots of goths.
    Went there only a couple of times. Once after a City game called off at either Plymouth or Exeter away which ended up in an all day piiss up which ended up there. Another after a Panasonic works do, both on a Saturday, both I got molested by older women.

I didn't feel the need to report it.

apparently the English don't like the welsh, funny thing tho the Welsh don't like the Welsh either

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Didn’t they used to be akin to bi annual pilgrimages? Sometimes staying the in same village & town outposts miles from the game’s venue. No intention of going to the game whatsoever, just having a three day binge with the locals.

I’ve even heard of some going to, for example, Ireland this weekend on the planes that have brought the Irish fans over.
    Great friendships formed which is unique to rugby if you read The Times

Absolute bollocks of course , plenty of friendships formed in football , cricket , euro vision song contest

not sure what to watch city getting battered by hull or wales getting battered by ireland