+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 73 thousand people expected at today's rugby international

Re: 73 thousand people expected at today's rugby international

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    not sure what to watch city getting battered by hull or wales getting battered by ireland
    Wales look like a team that’s past it’s best

Why kick the 3 points there?

Sack the coach I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Why kick the 3 points there?
    Puzzling one for me too.

Didn't show much conviction in our attack did it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Puzzling one for me too.

Didn't show much conviction in our attack did it.
    Great try from Ireland /0\ \0/

Biggar’s cost us twelve or fourteen points in the last three minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Went there only a couple of times. Once after a City game called off at either Plymouth or Exeter away which ended up in an all day piiss up which ended up there. Another after a Panasonic works do, both on a Saturday, both I got molested by older women.

I didn't feel the need to report it.
    Was that the game that big nosed Exeter fan got whacked outside their pub ?

Always amuses me me how some SW football supporters get all hot under the collar about rugby. If folk (of all shapes and sizes) want to have a day out in the big city, leave them to it.
    More concerning is how both City and Swansea have both gone backwards the last few seasons,

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Cardiff City fans going up to Hull today will be leaving at 7 am and getting back at 10 tonight

They will be forking out for coach travel and match ticket and food about 60 quid ?

That's one game so for hard core fans that's 10 or 12 of those trips a season and sometimes more

600 quid

I think when it comes to commitment rugby fans are not in the same league , it's a social say out 2 or 3 times a season
    It's not commitment, people watch city away because they want to, they enjoy the day out. Sat on a comfortable coach or whatever, drinking, eating, warm, having a laugh with mates etc. The poor bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Always amuses me me how some SW football supporters get all hot under the collar about rugby. If folk (of all shapes and sizes) want to have a day out in the big city, leave them to it.
    More concerning is how both City and Swansea have both gone backwards the last few seasons,
    Yeah, let them crack on. The pubs do alright out of it, Taxi's, food places, hotels etc. It's not my thing, it's predominantly white and alcohol related, but if it adds to the economy then great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, let them crack on. The pubs do alright out of it, Taxi's, food places, hotels etc. It's not my thing, it's predominantly white and alcohol related, but if it adds to the economy then great.
    Quite a bemusing comment considering that 93.8% of the Welsh population is white.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It’s grumpy old blokes with a chip on their shoulder because their Games teacher made them play rugby boohoo :(

It’s an excellent source of income for the city and it’s a form of entertainment and enjoyment for hundreds of thousands across the country. I certainly wouldn’t pay 80 quid for a ticket but I’m sure there’s plenty of people who would think spending 300 quid on a season ticket is a waste. (Starting to think they might be onto something….)

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    It’s grumpy old blokes with a chip on their shoulder because their Games teacher made them play rugby boohoo :(
    You could have just said Sludge.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    There are thousands of me in Wales then

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I'm weary of posters who have a dig at Sludge at every opportunity. It's simply not cricket, is it? He's a longtime member of this forum who has a massive post count. He deserves far more respect than he receives.

I hope he doesn't think I'm breaking a confidence by submitting this message. He's having a very difficult time mentally.

It's football concerns which weigh most heavily on his mind. He's become despairing. He confided that Saturday's result had almost sent him over the edge. Another defeat to nil proved difficult for him to bear. "I've just about had a titful of this," he whimpered.

He fears the 3-0 lamping at Wolves has put paid to any hopes Liverpool had of finishing the season in a Champions League spot.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Quite a bemusing comment considering that 93.8% of the Welsh population is white.
    Yes, very bizarre thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm weary of posters who have a dig at Sludge at every opportunity. It's simply not cricket, is it? He's a longtime member of this forum who has a massive post count. He deserves far more respect than he receives.

I hope he doesn't think I'm breaking a confidence by submitting this message. He's having a very difficult time mentally.

It's football concerns which weigh most heavily on his mind. He's become despairing. He confided that Saturday's result had almost sent him over the edge. Another defeat to nil proved difficult for him to bear. "I've just about had a titful of this," he whimpered.

He fears the 3-0 lamping at Wolves has put paid to any hopes Liverpool had of finishing the season in a Champions League spot.
    Shove it